What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

20 years hard labor for half oz

Eighths-n-Aces

Veteran
i don't know about the "hard labor" part of that.

but i have never seen a chain gang before unless it was in the movies

k-s-p

Veteran
Road gangs definitely exist in parts of the South today. Pretty bizarre thing to see, actually. To be so beautiful, the South is one fucked up place for certain.

cool-hand-luke-poster.jpg

RetroGrow

Veteran
When I was in the federal system, everyone gets a job to do. They manufacture products that are sitting on store shelves right now. You may have furniture that was made in federal prisons by slave laborers. When they gave me a job, I told them "F" you, I am not working. They threw me in the "hole", or solitary confinement underground, no windows, no human contact. After two weeks, they took me out and brought me to the warden. He gave me a lecture and told me I would have to work. I told him, "F" you, you are holding me against my will. I am not working. Back to the "hole". After a few more weeks, they brought me out again, and I told them again, "I am not working". Finally they caved and gave me a job as an orderly. That is the best you can get in prison. At 8 A.M., all other prisoners go to work for 8 hours, and orderlies stay in the "unit" to clean it. This took less than an hour, and you had the rest of the day to chill in peace & quiet, watch T.V., read, with only half a dozen people in the large unit. Just having the peace & quiet was worth it.

al70

Veteran
IRELAND, 1994 i got 3 years in prison for 11 grams of hash, i still can't get it outa me head.

Drift13

20 years for 1/2 a Z... This sucks!

I hope to live to see the day where canna is set free along with people.

RetroGrow

Veteran
IRELAND, 1994 i got 3 years in prison for 11 grams of hash, i still can't get it outa me head.

Prison leaves a mark. It affects you for the rest of your life, and in many cases ruins your life. If you're in there long enough, you become institutionalized. If you get out after a few years, your record follows you forever. You cannot get a "good" job, can't vote, can't own a gun to protect yourself. Background checks used to go only 7 years back in the U.S., but since 9-11, things have changed and they run a more complete background check going back to your birth, depending on the job you are applying for. Some years back I was offered a job paying $60,000 a year to start. Once they did the extensive background check, goodbye job.
The real criminals in this case are the "justice" system, police, prison guards, judges who lock up a human being for twenty years for simple possession of a benign plant that causes no harm.
It's the most glaring injustice in our country today, and a motivation for all of us to fight back against the machine. Hopefully, if/when decriminalization becomes reality, all those incarcerated for cannabis will be released, and in my opinion, reparations are in order.

vostok

Veteran
Women prisoners strike up a friendship with a young law student who works as a part-time prison guard. Together they discover that a corporation funds and is profiting from the plantation-like work environment they are forced to work under. In a botched attempt to organize a protest against their "slave labor", the women take over the prison - A rare glimpse of the effects of the prison industrial complex on female inmates

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0326806/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

S

Slip Kid

Geez I thought the link would go to a foreign source and talk about somebody in Dubai or some other godforsaken spot but Loiusiana, you have to be kidding me! My friend did 4 yrs in Texas for a lb and being a mechanic he fixed tanks for the US military the whole time, 8+ hrs a day. Now he's out but still has 4 yrs probation in Texas so he can't go back home to New Mexico. It's past disgusting...:tumbleweed:

SneakySneaky

Veteran
im so glad i moved out west. i used to grow down in that area, and they would have buried me under the jail if they saw my grow room. much respect to the southern crew, overgrow those morons!

P

Pinnate

Three years? Fµck! That's really rough ─ I didn't think those cµnts could do that shit here and get away with it!
It'd freak me out, too!
Anyway, they got my grow in '98 ─ took 33 plants, 3 lamps and balance scales . . .
Court case and small fine!
In 2007, took 40 plants, they left lights, my tanita and half my stash!
Court again, stiffer fine and probation.
Sarge later told me I could have a few plants for personal, but only a few ─ between clones, mothers and seedlings I currently have 42 for personal . . .

dddaver

Veteran
Road gangs are common sight in the dirty south. They just aren't all chained together anymore, that would just be inhumane. They usually where striped prison suits and have a guard standing near with a shot-gun. MUCH better. That 95F and 90% humidity be damned, normal.

Fucking weird in 2013. But that Cool Hand Luke shit never gets old, down heeyah.

supermanlives

Veteran
theres a few states that don't play. I avoid them states and actually relocated to cali where my worries are few.sorry state of the system when ya get that much time for weed

azad

Buzkashi
Veteran
US prisons are a business..The real crime is locking up the young man, who harmed no one.
Hope he gets freed soon.

Snype

Veteran
US prisons are a business..The real crime is locking up the young man, who harmed no one.
Hope he gets freed soon.

Yeah prisons are big business and some of our products come from prison. They need to keep expanding by arresting people and making money for their interests. I saw a documentary about the private prisons and how there were ones that were completely empty in need of more slaves to make them money. There's big business in arresting illegals and putting them in prison to work for months down south as well. It's not this specific case that disturbs me but the fact of how the system works in general. We are all just supposed to be cattle / consumers and when you are not the norm, you are put to work for the corporations. Usually if you have money, that's what they want. If you don't have money or influence to fight your case, they make it very easy to just lock you up. Especially if you are not white. If you look at the percentage of minorities in prison compared to the percentage of them in society and compare it to whites, it's pretty alarming. The system has to change but it takes large groups of people to want to do something about it and that's a tough thing when most americans are living paycheck to paycheck just trying to survive. But that's how they planned it so they can heard the cattle.

VirginHarvester

Veteran
A country which locks people up for marijuana(on its own) is immoral, period. Can you believe we try to coach other countries on freedom, justice, self determination while business interests and lobby influence steal the lives tens if not a hundred thousand harmless marijuana users? Sickening.

RetroGrow

Veteran
It's a tragic situation and hard to believe that people behind this could be so cold-hearted and inhumane.

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It's a tragic situation and hard to believe that people behind this could be so cold-hearted and inhumane.

Yup and down South you can bet some of those people will be at church tomorrow morning . They are among the ultimate Hypocrites.

Latest posts

Latest posts