What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ninja Cabinets

Cabinet Ninja

Veteran
Though it was about time that I showed you all what I've built and what I've been hiding in it.

My grow cabinets are 4x Ikea 'Rast' cabinets that I've converted into some nice little grow cabs. I have two stacks one on either side of the chimney place. Each stack has one power cord but I am able to separate the cabinets for moving/cleaning/updates. I do have grow tents but due to renting it's a little safer to have something that blends in!

I have almost all of the DIY/construction photos available. If there is a demand for them I'd be happy to post a separate thread that shows the build.

LINK TO CONSTRUCTION THREAD

Specs:
-4 cabinets
-23"W x 26"H x 10.5"d
-2x 55w PL-L per cabinet - 27k & 65k spectrum bulbs depending on veg/flo
-DIY reflectors
-2x 120mm PC fans for exhaust per cabinet
-Passive intake
-9L DWC tubs per cabinet
-Lucas formula - MaxiBloom/MaxiMicro & Epsom Salts (hard water area)
-DIY SCRoG
- ~80% lightproof at night. Not noticeable during the day. Good enough for me.

XRrjSag.jpg

Past Grows:
- Cali Conn: Blue Dream Haze
MKuXtBr.jpg

Only yielded 1oz. My mistake as I didn't fill the screen out. She stretched more in the past when grown in soil. I've scrapped the mother as she is very finicky to grow. Great smoke though!

- Delicious Seeds: Critical Jack Herer
vbT2597.png

Yielded 43g of buds. Loads of sugar trim/popcorn that yielded 3g of premium bubblehash. Turned all the bud into BHO. Extremely good to dab :biggrin:
Keeper in my book.

Current Grow(s):
- G13: Pineapple Express
1x Vegging
1x Flowering (12 days):
hx6Whjv.jpg

Grown her in soil before. Huge yields, great smoke. Keeper!

-Delicious Seeds: Critical Jack Herer
1x Vegging

-RedEyed Genetics: P75xOrtega (x9)
9x Seeds in soil
This is a test grow for RedEyedNReady. I'll have a link in my sig for the test thread.

I'll be keeping this thread updated on a weekly basis hopefully, no guarantees! If anyone has questions or would like to see some more pictures the. Feel free to just ask!

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
congrats on the great ideea and build man, but if you say that:

- ~80% lightproof at night. Not noticeable during the day. Good enough for me.

..doesn't that mean your plants get stressed with light from outside the cab during lights out?

good luck with your grow! :tiphat:

Cabinet Ninja

Veteran
Thanks for the compliments! :tiphat:

And no, not at all. By that I meant that a little light is visible from outside the cabinet. I run my lights during the night so that's when it's most apparent. The ambient light during the day isn't intense enough to make it through the tiny spaces in the seals.

It's probably way less of an issue that what it sounds on paper. I'll grab some photos at night to show you what I mean.

I have had no hermie issues with any of the above strains that I have been growing, so even if there are some light leaks, they haven't affected anything :)

soursmoker

East Coast, All Day!
Veteran
you must have some stable genetics! cab looks nice, I would still work on the light leaks though...

I'd be interested if you took the time to show the building of the cab...

Just saw this post of yours!

Really great thread. I made a good number of F2 beans of the Chemmy Jones when I grew her last year. Decided to scrap the mothers as I had some male flowers but from further reading it seems as something that appears in the Chem family, rather than from a bad batch of beans.

Seeing these pictures and the smoke report has put the Chemmy Jones F2 next inane in my cabinets!

Much respect to yourself and the Connoisseur team
smile.gif

Be careful with more Chem genetics, if you don't have a 100% light tight room

Last edited by a moderator:

Cabinet Ninja

Veteran
Yeah I've never been too concerned about it being 100% light proof. I have lights on at night I tend to do all my maintenance/rez changes/pruning etc during lights out with ambient day light in the room. Can be as quick as one minute or take as long as 20, they just keep smiling.

Never had issues except with strains that had Chem linage. Might be an idea to keep those beans in the fridge then ;)

C99 was another strain that I treated this way and she always left me more than satisfied, and I'm a bit of a weed snob!

Cabinet Ninja

Veteran
Had a little root slime for the first time ever. Was on my flowering Pineapple Express (eeek!!). Washed it off with the shower head and gave the rez a good clean. Added a cap worth of H2O2 for good measure. Will be keeping a vigilant eye on it!

In other news I also changed out rez of my vegging PE girl and did a bit of general SCRoG pruning/maintenance on her and my CJH. Got enough fan leaves and shoots to feed my house rabbit for the next few days. She is a fiend for cannabis leaves :biggrin:

Here are the picture of the cabinets running while the room is dark. Gives you an idea of the visible light. The way I've done my light proofing means that there shouldn't be any direct light getting in/out of the cab, just reflected light.

kM1jzJc.jpg

7tBwahM.jpg

And as people have been requesting some construction pictures, I'll try and get round to making a thread in the next day or two :tiphat:

EDIT: It's worth noting, the top picture is of my 1st generation of cabinets built in 2011. The bottom picture is my 2nd gen. cabinets that I built between Jan-Feb 2013. Much better technique used for light proofing on the door surrounds and better fitting doors in general.

Cabinet Ninja

Veteran
A little vegging picture of my CJH. It was looking a little sorry a few days back. Rez change and full strength nutes and BAM! Back into action :)

cr2H3qF.jpg

NKOTS

follow the pink rabbit!
Veteran
hello cab ninja :wave:

nice setup(s), so you got two of these double cabs if i get it right?
i would also be interested in more pics of your setup - details like air inlets, PLL hood and stuff.

looking good already, as proven by this sativa-like beauty :biggrin:

share more with us if you got time? good luck with the current run!

peace :smoke:

Cabinet Ninja

Veteran
It's nice to have you here nkots :)

I was planning to make a DIY thread the other day but my phone deleted a load of photos of the cabs in construction. I'll grab some detail pictures of it as it is to help demonstrate my build. I'll be sure to have some good shots of my PL-L fixture/reflector and of the intakes. The intakes are 100% inspired by Scrub Ninja's build.

Yeah, it's 2 lots of double cabinets. 4 grow chambers in total. If I went full perpetual with just 1 strain it has the potential to harvest 1 cab/3 weeks or so.

On a different note, just picked up some Phantom Cookies off the Attitude. Not sure if I should cull my 2nd PE or just wait for some space. Itching to get some cookies growing!

S

Stoned Coder

Nice clean build, but it's not even remotely stealth. Hollowed out dressers have been known for decades. Your grow will be found in moments by anyone with half a brain actively looking. Sorry but it's true! Just trying to help.

Cabinet Ninja

Veteran
Oh yeah, I'm not expecting it to get past the police or anything like that. It's mainly for if/when the landlord or family comes round. I can just flip the switches off at the mains to stop the fans/pumps and they'll just be some random dressers.

I flipped my CJH over to 12/12 the other day and in a week or so my 2nd PE should be ready for the flip too. I'll drop by with more pictures once there is something worthwhile to snap ;)

EDIT: Decided to grab a few pictures regardless haha

My Pineapple Express:
23 days 12/12
kxYZ9L3.jpg

Pineapple Express:
Still vegging ~1 week until flip
f6mRlf4.jpg

Critical Jack Herer:
2 days 12/12
LmgLTNU.jpg

And my Victoria Clipper tester.
~1-2 weeks until flip
lObWufl.jpg

Cabinet Ninja

Veteran
Been away from how for a few days so I got some photo updates from the mrs.

CJH ~7 days flower
WwHDQzq.jpg

PE ~4 days flower
X7vCcnH.jpg

PE ~28 days flower
vliIsVs.jpg

The oldest PE is really starting to get pungent. Frost is starting to form nicely, should pack on weight over the next 3 weeks and then a nice week of low EC to finish her off :)

NKOTS

follow the pink rabbit!
Veteran
hi there!
great looking foliage in the 2nd pic up there, good job!

peace, buddy! :smoke:

Cabinet Ninja

Veteran
That's for dropping by Nkots, always good to have a buddy come by :D

All the girls have been looking way healthier since I've started to give them some Epsom Salts every time I change out the rez.

Cabinet Ninja

Veteran
Got home after a week away. Everyone is looking good.

Critical Jack Herer needs a rez change but I'll do that in a bit.

Vicky Clippers need a little Epsom Salts on next watering but are chugging along nicely.

The Pineapple Express that's at 30 days flowering is pumping out frost left and right! The one that's 3 weeks behind has stretched like crazy!

p1gN4Y9.jpg

vYY97Dq.jpg

LTM44A0.jpg

Peace all :)

Cabinet Ninja

Veteran
Took all the girls out for some canopy maintenance and to refil the reservoirs. They're each drinking ~7L/week. Thirsty!

Anyway, enough of my blab, here is my main girl!

G13 Labs: Pineapple Express. 36 days 12/12

Eu2VoRi.jpg

CiY0WbW.jpg

Latest posts

Latest posts