What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Going to Thailand in 2 days

squib

I need info.
I'm thinking talk with the American military men about hook-ups. I've read many times that if your caught by the po then they work you over lubrication and gas mask style. :angrymod::spank: No interest in $1000 bribes or thai jail time.

Anyone been? and can give me some info.

Papa Legba

You really don't want to get caught in Thailand with weed. Everyone is surprisingly paranoid. Made me feel like it would be bad news. Even though you will find weed easy in some places of fair to good quality. Down south in the islands there some herb to be found and even more so in the north near the golden triangle. not so easy in Bangkok. If your lucky like i was you'll find some nepalese hash, by far the best thing I smoked in asia. Head over to Indochina (Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam) if you really want to live the banana jungle high life, lots of herb there and pretty laid back. But if your planning on going to Malaysia or Singapore, just forget about getting high all together its not going to happen. Worst day of your life over a joint. Hope that helps.
Enjoy, Papa

squib

so next question

so next question

If anyone read my intro you know Im a self introduced introvert :wave: . So going to shaddy parts of Bangkok is already a huge chore for me. Papa (or anyone who knows) should I try in Bangkok, or should I wait till I get to Krabi (south on the thin strip) or on Railey (a small island tourist paradise). I cant imagine going to Thailand and not getting to experience thai stick or nepalese hash. Drat the luck, there is no weed in this country short of swag for $50-$100 a gram! I refuse to pay that for swag, so it's been months since I last smoked well. And now I'm going to the sin capital of the world and might not get to spend some chill time...argh :wallbash:
At lest there are towering perfect cliffs to rock climb, shooting straight out of a turquoise sea, cushioned with white sand. :yoinks: ROCK CLIMBING!
-dustin

Papa Legba

I wish i could be there with you man. Thailand is beautiful. The southern peninsula is amazing. But to be honest, I never found any of the legendary thai sticks. In Krabi and the islands off Krabi there is weed to be found and some of it is pretty good. The best weed I got in Asia was on Ko Phangan from a cool guesthouse owner. After I split a fat joint with a hippie on the beach, I wandered around all night trying to remember where I lived. I was seriously lost, the weed was way more potent than I expected. But the easiest way to get some herb in the Krabi area is to talk to the boat taxis. Those are the guys saying "boat, boat" as you walk the beach also keep in mind some places serve magic mushroom shakes in the bar down there. Good times with those. As far as Bangkok goes Ii spent several weeks there total and did not see any smoke until I finally got the nepalese. I must say it was a shady situation, many shifty eyes and weird vibrations. But I walked out with some of the best hash i have ever smoked. So it was worth it. It could happen for you too.
Have a good time climbing that limestone bro'.
Papa
oh and where does it cost $50 to $100 for a gram of schwag? that breaks my heart.

Stan Laurel

Things are definately not the same these days in Thailand. Be most careful in your search for a smoke, as Thaksin has really put the willies up the locals with his now infamous "war on drugs".
The best way of getting a hassle free hook up is to make a connection with fellow travellers that have been there a while, and know wats wat :joint:
Most tourist hotspots will have a source, but these can soon turn out to be a lot more costly than the price of a baggie. With regard to the local police, 20000 baht is often considered the magic number, and will ensure a safe passage thru most sticky situations. If you do find yourself in such a situation, do not hesitate
with said bribe, as once you end up in a station the captain will be looking for more like 100000 baht.

More, and more smokers tend to head for Laos, and Cambodia as things are still alot more laid back in both countries. For example, to score all thats needed is a trip to the local "Talat sao" (morning market), and track down a tobbaco vendor.

If you decide on a trip to Koh Chang while in Thailand drop me a p.m, and I'll point you in the direction of a good time guarenteed :joint:

5463thaistcks.jpg

squib

I live in Korea :woohoo: for platinum prices and crap quality! Honestly you cant even smoke it straight, you have to hookah it to cover up the taste. Only once at the expense of someone else have I endured that tragedy. And I dont even entertain the idea of hash here, hella expensive and eveyone knows it's cut with something to stretch it. Honestly it could be shoe polish I dont think the dealers would care one bit.
Thanks so much Papa and Stan, I guess I just wait until Krabi. Bangkok is for meth and prostitues anyways, neither of which I have any interest in.

By the way what is the average price for gangreen there? hash? and bungaloo rooms per night? If you would be so kind...

-squib

Diego

Thailand is a changed place, there are a lot more risks there now then there used to be. Mainly in police forms. Snitches run the drug scene. I wouldnt go there with the intentions of purchasing weed, even that is a hard drug there. Id barely drink there. Check more on their local laws. Its not like it used to be.

squib said:
I live in Korea :woohoo: for platinum prices and crap quality! Honestly you cant even smoke it straight, you have to hookah it to cover up the taste. Only once at the expense of someone else have I endured that tragedy. And I dont even entertain the idea of hash here, hella expensive and eveyone knows it's cut with something to stretch it. Honestly it could be shoe polish I dont think the dealers would care one bit.
Thanks so much Papa and Stan, I guess I just wait until Krabi. Bangkok is for meth and prostitues anyways, neither of which I have any interest in.

By the way what is the average price for gangreen there? hash? and bungaloo rooms per night? If you would be so kind...

-squib
man
ive heard horror stories from s korea about herb prices

i met a couple irish guys while abroad and they told me that in ireland people melt down vinyl records and mix it w hash to "cut" it- i couldnt believe my friggin ears

i tried a little bit and man was it nasty!

you had to hold a flame to it for a few secs just ot get it pliable enough to rip off a few chunks! some rock hard shit

sorry this has nothing to do with thailand
good luck on your journey
peace

Papa Legba

Love that Thai stick pic Stan. I second what you say about follow travelers. someone will point you in the right direction.
It is best to avoid the dark side of Bangkok. But its good city in its heart. Chaotic and peaceful at the same time.
As far as money goes, a beach hut in Krabi shouldn't run more than 300 or 400 baht a night at the most. Krabi seems to bring the upscale crowd so a simple cold water bungalow costs more there than other places in Thailand.
Weed should run around 200- 500 baht for what will weigh from 3 to 15 grams depends on who you get it from. Hash seems more common in the north as it comes from India and Nepal mostly, I would assume via Burma, 1000 baht for 10 grams seems the going rate. Negotiating is a standard thing in Thailand, But in this scenario I didn't bother.

this is something like what you can expect
Enjoy,
Papa

squib

well I leave tonight, thanks all

well I leave tonight, thanks all

HYDROKING: how can I know it's purple thai as I imagine it is going to be bag seed there?

Papa: you advice is invaluable. wish I could bring some back here, because there is no weed in s kor. But maybe too risky.

Zambonia Driver: Korean prices are the result of orphis smuggling, I think thats the main way it gets in and you cant bring much. :moon:

squib

Reign of Terror: non the less, they are bag seeds I'm assuming so should I just pull seeds from good stashes?

squib said:
HYDROKING: how can I know it's purple thai as I imagine it is going to be bag seed there?

Papa: you advice is invaluable. wish I could bring some back here, because there is no weed in s kor. But maybe too risky.

Zambonia Driver: Korean prices are the result of orphis smuggling, I think thats the main way it gets in and you cant bring much. :moon:

that sucks man
having to plug some herb.
:fsu:
have u been able to grow there?

have a good trip in thailand
peace

naga_sadu

Dude,

If you're going to Thailand, you might as well take a trip down to Laos if you're so concerned about getting stoned in the far east...

PS: There's no more Thai stick in Thailand- not the real thing. You only get cheap Cambodian immitations.

Last edited:
Sawadie Kra, Pm me dude and i will guide you through,......ahhhh fook it i'll do it here.

Bangkok is dangerous,...NO shite, i have lived in Thailand for best part of ten years, and all over the place as well, Bangkok is where i live now for the past 3 years.

Double any figures for fines, and the Prime Minister has a real hard on against any drug's and more so for People that come here to use.
Bad timing on your part as he is running a campain at the moment which is running up to New year [Song Kran] on the 12-17th April and it is aggressive.

Good shit is reletivly easy to find even in Bangkok, ....DON"T ASK AMERICAN MILITARY, you might as well ask the Local police,...i hope you were joking when you say that.

Krabi is great, but you will pay higher prices for Green there, 1000 Baht [$25] these days gets you 15 grams in general. The weed all looks pretty much the same sqashed to Fook and brick form. But don't let this worry you, even if i take a break smoking for a few dayzz it still kick's me in the arse, Lol
Bungalows are 300-1000 and that can be with only a ceiling Fan, you might get lucky with A/C for a 1000.

Look for Cocolate, Coconut & Rainbow thai weed this the local names for the better quality, Coconut is lowand Sativa brown /green colour and has the mild smell like "coconts", and the Rainbow is the Meao thai and has many colours through the bud, cocolate has the apearance of "Flakes of cocolate" and a very dark brown colour, and has the smell but not the "Flavour' in recent experience,,....Lol

How long you here for,,..?? you might want to consider going to Laos its very cheap, head for Viang Veng, 4 hours North of the Captial city Vientenne. Beautifull landscape, smiley people and shit loads of 100% sativas at about $2-3 for a 15g bud, not always smokeable on the spot but a few hours in the shade and it ready for burning.
I'm sure there are many people out there that would agree with me that Laos is still the "best country" in S.E.Asia for what we like to do.
I have been there 3 or 4 times to ....collect seeds, and im going back just before Song Kran to get out Bangkok and the war on "drug".

On my last visit i found a lady with some nice greenery, good deal, nice colour [light green] with an ok smell, ...umm i thought i am going to have a good day.
Fook me this shit knocked me side ways off only 2 bong hits, then i realized this shit has exactly the same taste and smell as Kali Mist when it was smoked, well the strong Sandal wood flavour that one gets from good kali mist.
I went and found again "my new best friend in Laos" and brought all i could carry from her,...lol. Needless to say i returned with 250+ perfect seed's. some of these im currently flowering out and im at 85 dayzzz in at the mo, and i would imagine about another 20 dayz should do it, just in time for the new year and a long deserved break from work.

Does that make ya wanna go, ...fook me i'm packing me bag and i'm off.......See Ya.

Any more info.....Just ask it would be my pleasure to keep peoples vacations safe in Thailand, getting caught here isnt so bad as long as you have a pocket full of $$$$ or speak fluent Thai, what sucks is Getting "DRUG OFFENDER" stamped in your passport.

Be safe,...oh and wear a FOOKIN condom, thats not for smoking of course, thats for the Ladieeeeeees.

Peace.

Thai Flowers

squib

I'm back all

I'm back all

So after I got to Bangkok I decided to do some exploring and undo this introverted self. I jumped off the bus as soon as a saw a few people tagging and started to talk with them. I took pictures of their work and then later we went to a dj battle. It was amazing. Needless to say I re-learned that when it comes to cannibis it's all about people. Being friendly and open really goes far towards a healthy life. In the end, my source didn't have time to pick anything up, but I made a few friends in Bangkok.
Later in Krabi I spent most of my time climbing but also got to enjoy some quality smoke. Like Thai Flowers said, it's all pressed block so I was surprised and skeptical of quality. The quality is fine, my friend went too far with it last night and we split a bowl mixed with shisha in a hookah. About half way into our sesh he starts down the dark path of a bad trip, induced by his overpowering high comming on too strong, too fast. The rest of the night was him vomiting and passing out:jump: and me cleaning up after him and 'babysitting' :yes:. Either way quality is fine.
here are a few pics.
much love

Latest posts

Latest posts