What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

!!!! Is this a HERMIE?? foxtailing?

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
ARGH! this plant is going nuts and i cant control it. it looks like theres branches coming out of the top cola!!

Strain is purple kush i think, coco coir, GH H3ads formula in flood system that floods once a day. lights are 400, pretty close, so lots of heat. the room temps are pretty high lately, like 80-85+ due to a heat wave.

Please let me know if this is a hermie and if i should kill it. Dont want my other buds getting pregnant!
Hermies001.jpg

this is what it looked like a week ago.
V
grapeapefoxtaiils.jpg

3dDream

Matter that Appreciates Matter
Veteran
hehe.... I don't see shit. A hermie will make little light green bananas. I know when I first started growing people had me scared of nanners. If you see one pluck it off, but know that in most cases it is prob. because of a light leak, so check your shit if you do. Also, some plant will make a nanner very late in flower.

first pic.. a hermie plant, although it did flower out perfectly ok. Some times one nanner is not an issue. If you see tons toss the plant.

Here's a male. Notice the flowers?

You answered it with "it looks like theres branches coming out of the top cola!!". She is just making more flowers. You could start flushing her now if you wanted to finish very clean. Let her use up all that stored energy in her leaves.

Londinium

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah thats just female calyxs Foxtailing and the very top whiter bit is due to light saturation and/or heat stress...Too Close to lights mate! Doesn't look very Kushy though more a Mostly Sativa strain by lookin at it..just an observation! Luck and Lumens JBo

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
^thx londi and everyone else. phew thank god it isnt a hermie, just heat stress.

the 400 isnt even that close, however the past few weeks have been very hot so the grow room temps creeped up to 90, luckily tonight its a nice chilly 50 out like normal, and i got all my windows open and the grow room temps are back down to 75ish.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
Oh yeah, i think its purple kush, according to another member on Icmag there is a cut going around that tends to stretch alot, i purchased these clones in the same area code the ICmag member told me the cut originated from.

Its either that or a Grape Ape, not sure, i wish i labeled all my plants better!

Londinium

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Cool, glad u r relieved.....I don't know that PKush cut so I am sure its what its sposed to be just thought it a little stretchy for Kush but if its a trait then all good in da hood! Looks dank anyhoo bruv...nice work! JBo ;]

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
some more pics of the terrible things happening in my grow room
FINGBULSHIT001.jpg

FINGBULSHIT002.jpg

stretching like crazy, it wont stop.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
also 4 of my plants in the second batch were found to be hermies tonight, definately from a light leak coming out of my veg room, which i thought we had duct taped down better.

my lease is up soon so we are ceasing veg production, so i hopefully wont have to worry about this next time around.

grimweeder

stretchin may be cos of too much heat, judgin by the bud growth they shouldnt be stretchin anymore, theres not much you can do about it if you cant regulate your temps even then its not certain thats even the problem an it could jus be the strain, were you growin clone or seed?
defo no hermies tho mate, jus let em grow an hope for the best, if they dont stop stretchin an hit the top then bend the top colas over at an angle slightly without snappin the stem that should keep the height down a bit.
if they are a kush strain then they look like they got stressed quit early on in flower otherwise they dont look kush like to me more sativa dominant.

one more q, how many plants you runnin under one light?

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
two 400 HPS, each has about 12-16 under it, only 2 week veg

i killed 5 today, definate hermies, they were the ones positioned close to the veg room where the small light leak was.

hopefully i will at least be able to make some hash out of this, what else should i do with premature buds besides throw them away>?

MrMcBean

You smoke that shizz.. Im sure it will turn you good.. Otherwise go for hash and then make butter out of the rest.. I really recommend making butter with all plant material including male leaves..

burnt out og'er
Veteran
Looking at the clawing effect and deep green bud leaves, I'd say you have some N toxicity going on too.
That plus light leaks will give you bud runners like that.

spyvsspy

Im with 10k, I grew some Papaya one time and gave it a shot of Blood Meal tea for some reason right at the beginning of flower (will never mess with blood meal again), big time N toxicity on one plant- caused the same looking sparse buds and rams horn leaves, however mine was much worse and I got no viable buds, pretty much ostracized that plant from my garden...woops. Flush it and hopefully you got that light leak taken care of in time.
Good luck, spy

kmk420kali

Freedom Fighter
Veteran
Looking at the clawing effect and deep green bud leaves, I'd say you have some N toxicity going on too.
That plus light leaks will give you bud runners like that.

Thank you Sir!! I have been using Advance Nutrient's A & B Bloom, and I noticed it has pretty high N numbers-- I am getting close to harvest (Force Flower Outdoors) and am noticing that my plants are way too green for as late in flower as they are-- I'm gonna have to flush like a Mo-Fo!!:fsu: