What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Super sedating strains for quiting Heroin

I've read plenty of people talk about OG Kush and some of the other OG's like Hollywood Pure Kush have a certain type of terpene profile that really works well for people who love opiods and especially heroin to get that feeling that they like. I've heard several stories of people that quit heroin by using strains like these to make RSO and then using that in combination with Ibogaine and Kratom.
Anyone have suggestions of strains that I can try that will make me feel like I took vicodin or opiod based pain killers?

I'd like to help a friend of mine quit heroin and that is why I'm out to find strains as I described.

Thanks for your time

therevverend

Veteran
I'd recommend medical help because quitting opiates is a huge deal, chance of relapse is huge. Getting medication for the nausea and vomiting, diarrhea, sleeplessness, and withdrawl symptoms prescribed by a professional is the best way to kick.

That said cannabis provides relief from some of these symptoms, especially in RSO form. I'd go with 100% Indicas. Try to find a strain without trippyness or paranoid stimulant type effects. Bubba Kushes, hashplants, Purple Urkle, anything along those lines. I'd think an OG is too psychedelic. Strong strong RSO adminstered over a one week period along with kratom and ibogaine ain't a bad idea. RSO is so powerful I think the strain is less important what is more important is how strongly sedative the RSO is.

Valium or other benzodiazepines are a good idea. The idea isn't to go clean immediately, it's to be so sedated you make it through the withdrawl symptoms with a minimum of discomfort and pain. Then you can deal with the other problems that caused the opiate addiction in the first place, getting your friend's life back together.

dugzy

therevverend you made a great post, better than what i was typing.

My point was that heroin is a different animal in the way it works with the body,s receptors compared to cannabis, so cannabis can never replace heroin for the addict , in fact many users of heroin do not enjoy the effects of cannabis.

It may be better to go with Kratom alone, but it is easy to become addicted to that.

People respond differently to ways of quitting and it will take time and many goes to get there.

Good luck

shawkmon

Pleasantly dissociated
Veteran
let plants go exceptionaly longer, changes the drugs in the plant, makes the super sleepy and less trippy effect

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
Evidence in California shows that OG Kush and other strains provide mental effects similar to opiates and are helpful as a safe replacement.

This doesn't mean weed takes away physical withdrawals it helps you stay off after withdrawals.

For me I get similar effects from many Cookie strains, WC, Dosis, OGKB, BW32 and also Headband.

troutman

Seed Whore
Some people can quit hard drugs cold turkey and some can't. To me using a weaker drug to help
stop using a stronger drug is an easier path if one can do it. Heroin is not something I would get
into and it's nice seeing somebody trying to give it up by any means.

Good Luck

paulo73

Convicted for turning dreams into reality
Veteran
I wish you well in your efforts to help your mate and i hope that he also wishes for your help, otherwise it´s a lost battle from the start.
If you can seek a professionals advise before any input. Sometimes good intentions are not enough and you don´t your friend addicted to another substance.
Ime narcotic indicas taken the full flowering time ( over 50% amber trics) might be what you´re looking for. Try avoiding racy and trippy stuff.

W

Water-

I agree with everything the Rev said but just want to add that valium withdrawal can be worse than heroin because it takes so long and cold turkey is extremly dangerous.

also the combo can kill you easily.

having said that, I think Valium is an amazingly helpful drug if used carefully

best of luck.

you will make it

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
You won't need heavy sedating strains. :) As previously mentioned, the OG Kush varieties provide much of the relief you're going to be needing. The interesting bit is it's mainly through the terpene combination, and not the level of THC. As far as I'm aware, a 10-15% THC strain with a LOT of OG Kush terpenes will be the most effective. The higher the THC, the fewer terpenes (and relief) are available. ;)

Whatever you choose, additional CBD is going to be very beneficial. Use the same small amount regularly, twice a day for at least 3 weeks. Once your system is saturated, you'll have a greater idea if it's too much or too little. :)

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
There's no weed on earth that's gonna help with coming off herion, period. And same for xanax. When real dope heads get dope sick weed is the last thing you want, it always made it 100x worse for me smoking weed when coming off drugs. Ive dealt with heroin, prescription drugs my entire childhood and adult life. And I do consider myself a expert on this topic. I'm talking very bad addict ok, the kinda addiction that weed is the last thing on earth your mind wants. I would caution smoking when in withdraw, it's probably gonna make things worse, as it always did for me and the folks I know. I'm proud to say I kicked the habit, but still have to be very careful. You need a good Dr to get you in some kinda treatment program if you seriously are trying to get off opiods or other drugs.

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
I agree with everything the Rev said but just want to add that valium withdrawal can be worse than heroin because it takes so long and cold turkey is extremly dangerous.

also the combo can kill you easily.

having said that, I think Valium is an amazingly helpful drug if used carefully

best of luck.

you will make it

yes friend please never try to cold turkey off benzodiazepines. They basically finished my dad off, yes benzos are probably worse than herion. Ive never really been addicted to benzos but basically everyone around me is/was. And it's really hard to even talk about this subject. It affects millions everyday :tiphat:

right

You gotta up and move , change your circle of friends . There's dope everywhere even in Salt Lake City.move and associate with different types of people . Tell your friend to stay off of the stronger and more addictive suboxin .

weedobix

ICMag Donor
Veteran
iirc i heard Kevin jodrey say that fuel orientated strains are what people use for opiate withdrawal.

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
You gotta up and move , change your circle of friends . There's dope everywhere even in Salt Lake City.move and associate with different types of people . Tell your friend to stay off of the stronger and more addictive suboxin .

Yea you gotta basically change your life, especially the People you hang around. There's drugs that help if taken by the Dr orders. But then your hooked on that. But it's better than on the streets buying heroin and opana. But sorry to get off topic guys, maybe somebody may get something outta cannabis when in a heroin withdraw?? highly doubtful though