What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Security before Charity!!....Please Read!

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Security before Charity.....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the past I have tried my best to help out many who have been in need by organizing and running various charity auctions........But lately I have come to the firm descision that I will no longer be a part of any of them due to some VERY SERIOUS CONCERNS....

1. Who-so-ever claims to be in need often cannot come up with a real charge sheet nor any proof positive that they were indeed busted in the first place.....

2. If someone does come up with a charge sheet who is to say that the entity asking for a charity auction ( or their sock-puppets/friends) is really the person that is being charged?

3. If the actual person/entity/member was indeed busted, it is not unfeasable that that person/entity/member could be working for the powers that be to harvest information that might lower and/or remove the sentance/charge.

4. ICMag.....Seedbay nor Seedboutique are REGISTERED CHARITIES......and if they operate as such certain legal enforcement departments could incur penalties against these businesses and force them to be CLOSED!......so by asking for a charity auction/charitable act to occur on these boards you are jeapordizing every members participation on the site and also the exhistance of the site itself.........so don't even ask if you have the forsight to understand what I am saying here....

5. By asking for personnal donations to some fund or entity by P.M. you could also be compromising individuals security by getting folks to send mail e.t.c. that could have finger-prints upon it to some adress.........as we know all persons inhabiting a certain country across the pond have their finger-prints on file and a piece of mail usually has a stamp upon it that discloses the location that it has originated from.....

.......DO NOT EVER GIVE YOUR FINGERPRINTS(by mail),NAME,ADRESS OR LOCATION to ANY entity on these boards........DO NOT EVER POST TO OR GIVE OUT AN ADRESS OR REAL NAME IN A PERSONNAL MESSAGE........that message could be sitting on someones computer somewhere with anyone having access to it....

....it is better that we all know each other thru our annonymous nicks on this secure server, and for absolute security do not communicate our real identities nor locations even if you think that you are being a caring person and wish to contribute to what you may percieve to be a charitable/good cause...........for you may be completely wrong and fall foul of a CONFIDENCE TRICK!..........

............So TAKE HEED and remember this.........We will NEVER EVER run a charity auction again, not because we are not compassionate........not because we do not care.......but simply because there are too many possible security risks involved that could ruin completely all the hard work many of us have put into this site and others over the years and secondly but not least charity auctions/acts of charity could indeed get others busted ........

.....THINK ABOUT IT....

*check this link for how low a SCAMMER can go to possibly gain something and perhaps jeapordize the immediate security of our loved and valued members on this site...

http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=43594

G

Thanks for the heads up man

How sad that people cannot keep their greedy moneyhungry fingers away from charity

Damn

Well.. The internet is a spooky place sometimes for spooky people

I remember a local case where some swindlers ran somekind of charity for sick children and got busted for stealing the money... they "appropriated" something like 90% of the income into "expenses"...

And there seems to be a trend on the internet where dubious characters ask regular people to allow them to wash dirty money through their accounts for a nominal fee.. Yeah right!

Wu Wei man

Well don't give up your hopes on the omnipotent compassion and sincere kindness of the people around you.

Some are bad but most of us are good

-SF-

Last edited:

shakey

cant argue when it comes to safety. its a shame the scammers fuck things up for the people that need help.

peace,
s

OG bub

~Cannabis-Resinous~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
shakey said:
its a shame the scammers fuck things up for the people that need help.

peace,
s

even worse when they discourage the folks that CAN help those in need....

billy bob

Excellent advice GN ; Tell no one , Trust no one , Especially when it comes to YOUR SECURITY & YOUR FREEDOM. :headbange :headbange

G

That is the price we pay for an illegal hobby that can be held against us. But you're right. Ugh...

Verite

My little pony.. my little pony
Veteran
Call me a turd but I tend to ignore most posts titled in that 'craving for attention' yummybudesque fashion. Seriously? " Nothing to live for "? What kind of emo-whiner titles a post like that?

Xtbudda

Top Notch info Gypsy and a good call.

Always wear two pairs of rubber gloves and never lick the envelope, get ur dog to do it, hahaha

guineapig

Veteran
I respect GN's decision and he has to run a very tight ship around here or it might sink and that would be a huge loss.....

Last edited:

guineapig

Veteran
sorry to jack your thread......will i grow again? does the pope wear a funny hat??? LOL

honestly i am even more motivated now to help everyone learn more about this species.....

don't worry 'bout me but tighten up your own ships.....please!!!

:ying: kind regards from a guineapig :ying:

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
........Very sad to hear the bad new G.P......

....If and when you grow another day.....let me know and I'll make sure you get plenty of good beans to make a new start.....