What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

smell inside sealed room

R

romanolescro

hello guys this is my first post on IC

actually im shitting my pants because i plan to run 2400w hps sealed with a great strain ( gelato larry bird), and even if ill be sealed as much as possible, i dont how i will manage the smell

ill of course use a scrubber or 2 inside the room, and a small ozone gen outside, eventually ONA too

are you guys experimented with growing elite genetics in sealed environnement ?

the room is separated from the living room with a small corridor but i must avoid iny smell in the stairs since i have neightboors

ah and i have a central ventilation system, not sure if i can use i with a carbon before it ..
thanks

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
If you are just trying to scrub the air in the room, I have seen people put the can style filters on the ground, with the fan connected directly to it set to pull through the filter and push the clean air into the room. They just put it in a corner and plugged it in and let it run 24/7. If you do that, at the minimum put some pantyhose over the fan output, so nobody sticks their hand in there.

Lost in a SOG

GrassSnakeGenetics
^^ thats what i do..

If you're running dehueys put them near them as they work better with dryer air.. you can have bigger ones you turn on when the stink gets really real..

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Welcome to ICMag! :D

It sounds like you're new to growing. Your best bet is to start small and work your way up to 2400w. Why?

With a smaller amount of light you get:
Fewer plants to track nutritional needs as you learn how to grow
Lower heat and humidity fluctuations as you learn HVAC
Lower resources wasted when things go wrong
Lower odor to deal with during flower and harvesting/drying

Whatever lower wattage lighting you go with, you can generally use it for veg/mum/cloning later when you scale up. No loss of resources and nothing but gain for your experience. :)

In every state where cannabis growing has suddenly become legal, craigslist and other resources have been FLOODED with used grow equipment within a year. Why? People go big, they go loud and they find they're not growers. It happens, we all have our individual talents. It just makes me cringe to see new growers doing the same thing.

Be different, start smart, start small. :)

R

romanolescro

thanks agent but of course i know the scrubbing technique . im talking about in my post
i was more looking for tricks with pos/neg pressure etc ..

and i dont know where it seems im new to growing ? maybe you can give me ideas for smell covering instead of useless infos.
thank however

yes carbon works better with dry air youre right bro, its a good idea to put it near the carbon

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
That's what ya get for treating people like idiots, especially when you do not understand their situation and make assumptions. What did you expect?

I agree with Lost. Have a primary can sized to the room and a secondary to reduce load during mid to late flower.

You can buy furnace filters with carbon but I doubt the efficacy. To my mind I would put the living space under slight negative pressure to catch any stray odours but this will drive up your heating bill.

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
thanks agent but of course i know the scrubbing technique . im talking about in my post
i was more looking for tricks with pos/neg pressure etc ..

and i dont know where it seems im new to growing ? maybe you can give me ideas for smell covering instead of useless infos.
thank however

yes carbon works better with dry air youre right bro, its a good idea to put it near the carbon
nathan.gif

R

romanolescro

yes man youre right i dont need any neg/pos pressure
i think the key is to seal any cracks as best as i can with a scrubber running to delete some smells

thanks for the links i appreciate

Iamnumber

i really cant put my finger on your case..

people assumed you were new to business and gave you advice.. you took offence..

you dont really describe your setup.. some vaque ideas but .. I can not see the reason and that would not be the way I would go.

search posts about sealed room projects and read them through to give you better idea what you are dealing with and what you might face.

seal up any cracks as best as you can.. sorry to say bro .. but that is not good enough for sealed room.. they MUST be sealed - ALL of them.

just few post down there is a nice thread about covering smells ..
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=358926