What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Very special thank you to Ace

SolarLogos

Dad passed away at 101 years old shortly after new years. His mind and body was in amazing health, he was even driving this time last year. We thought we were going to lose him early-mid last year when he lost 35 pounds (he was already skinny) and he was in so much pain that he was using a walker. I had some of the Vietnamese Black pheno with me and he agreed to try it. It was a very kind strain and he loved it, which was great, because he had never drank or smoked before. By the time we were half way through a joint, he started laughing and he got up without the walker and got himself some tea. His appetite came back, so did his weight. We have no doubt that it added another 6 months to his life. Whenever mom would call, she always mentioned that he was always talking about how good my cannabis was. It brought joy, reduced pain and suffering and brought quality of life to an otherwise dying old man. For that, my family and I are so grateful. I cannot express enough how important and wonderful the work is that Dubi and Ace are doing. Thank you kindly for your work, I will always be a supporter of yours and I make sure to advertise to everyone I meet that loves growing as much as we all do.
Peace, God bless
Ps. Now that family business is done, I can afford to spend more time on here. I have a few that need posting.

sdd420

Veteran
Dad passed away at 101 years old shortly after new years. His mind and body was in amazing health, he was even driving this time last year. We thought we were going to lose him early-mid last year when he lost 35 pounds (he was already skinny) and he was in so much pain that he was using a walker. I had some of the Vietnamese Black pheno with me and he agreed to try it. It was a very kind strain and he loved it, which was great, because he had never drank or smoked before. By the time we were half way through a joint, he started laughing and he got up without the walker and got himself some tea. His appetite came back, so did his weight. We have no doubt that it added another 6 months to his life. Whenever mom would call, she always mentioned that he was always talking about how good my cannabis was. It brought joy, reduced pain and suffering and brought quality of life to an otherwise dying old man. For that, my family and I are so grateful. I cannot express enough how important and wonderful the work is that Dubi and Ace are doing. Thank you kindly for your work, I will always be a supporter of yours and I make sure to advertise to everyone I meet that loves growing as much as we all do.
Peace, God bless
Ps. Now that family business is done, I can afford to spend more time on here. I have a few that need posting.

Great story and thanks for sharing peace sdd

SolarLogos

Great story and thanks for sharing peace sdd
Thank you very much ssd. I was surprised, dad really liked weed. When I think about all the years I had to sneak around to smoke when I visited, all because of stupid laws. We were always very close, but smoking together whenever we visited kind of made things more special. At least it was legal when he needed it the most. He tried hash, Golden Tiger, Indicas, but ultimately, the Vietnamese pheno was his favorite. He would sometimes call and ask how often he can smoke it. I think he was hitting the pipe I gave him about 5 or 6 times per day.:dance013:
Peace, God bless

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi SolarLogos,

This is one of the most beautiful posts i have read in this room :huggg:
I'm really sorry to hear that your dad recently passed away, we send our condolences and warmest support to you, your family and your dad's friends.

It's a blessing to know that the Orient Express Vietnam Black pheno helped him to improve his life, appetite and mood in his last stage of life. Huggss!!

StrongTree

Solar,,, thank you for sharing that...i had a tear in my eye and and smile on my face as i read...so good to know the opportunity to help and care was there for you !

SolarLogos

Thank you very much everyone, it means a lot to me. I've said before, if everyone were an IC'er, this world would finally find peace.
Looking over all of Dad's pictures, it's amazing he never aged between 80-100 and there was no visible change in his health until last year. I believe he was given those extra 20 years for a reason. He was very conservative when it came to utilities and spending money on himself, but donated millions to scholarships. He wanted everyone to have a chance to get an education. He was the most self-less man I've ever met.
I should mention that his passing was peaceful, he laid his head on Mom's shoulder and closed his eyes, then she felt him go limp. I pray we can all be as fortunate to live such a long life, with health and not suffer as we pass through that door on the next stage of our journey and progress towards perfection.
Thanks again for all the love and kindness.
Peace, God bless

S

Sertaiz

wow this is a big thing to share, thank you.

5-6 times a day sounds about right for all day medication, awesome you could give him something that not only helped physically and emotionally but also that gave him some excitement!!

he sounds like a great person

Mountainkush

Very sorry to hear of your loss. Sounds like an amazing man. I hope we’ll all be lucky enough to live such a long life. My dads in his late 60’s and I worry about him. My mom is finally on board with me giving him edibles and a few flowers for his pain. I’ve been sneaking it to him for awhile but so happy she’s on board now. Can’t wait for him to try some of these new Ace strains. Maybe not the Malawi though lol

Solarlogos life has given to you this inmense opportunity lo live the entire cycle of your dad. Very touching . Sometimes it is easy to forget that the truly and predominant usage and benefit of this sacred plant is the medicinal part. But is in this situations in which we all consider even more an aberration the legal status still present in many countries...one shouldn’t have any relative to get the medical benefits of cannabis, NHS should provide it. Sure your dad was ready for the pass.

squatty

Solarlogos, so glad you were able to be near and to help your father. Sounds like a wonderful man.

I wish I were able to be closer to my 88 year old father with Alzheimer's. He lives far from me so I only get to see him a couple of times a year.

Love makes the world go round.

Latest posts

Latest posts