What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

At what temp do terls degrade?

CrescentFresh

I feel like the conventional wisdom is that "terps dont survive the edible making process" so its silly to make a strain specific edible. (SuperSilverHaze for an AM dose. A GrandDaddyPurple for a PM dose)

(^ please correct me if I'm wrong about any of this ^)

in any case - does dry sift hash allow terps to survive? Could you make edibles from that and have the terps survive?

Ice hash?

pls halp

thanks

-Crescent

TrueTerpenes

Hello Crescent,

Low temp cannabis extracts need to be decarboxylated before it can be absorbed by the body as the type of THC that is psychoactive (delta 9 thc). Even Hash needs to decarboxylate. Certain processes (extracts that use heat) partially decarboxylate the product but usually not fully.

The decarboxylation process uses heat and time to convert thc-a to delta 9 THC. This heat always degrades terps. Also, if you're baking an edible it will degrade the terps further.

HOWEVER! We make strain specific terpenes here at True Terpenes so you can add the terps back into your products! We have Grandaddy Purple available and super lemon haze which should do the trick! you can email ++++++++email removed+++++++ and we can take care of you.

(please note, using hash or other low temp extract will make an edible high in THC-A which is still good for the body, it just wont get you high.)

Last edited by a moderator: