What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

My first pheno hunt!

cttgecultivate

I am popping 4 CookiesnCake x Kushmints#11 by Seed Junky Genetics, and 4 Platinum Muffins(platinum Punch x Blueberry muffins) I put them into the cup (first picture) on 12/25 and the second group of pictures are from 6 days later. 7 out of 8 have sprouted and shucked their shells now. I will keep updating this every couple of days or so until we pick a winner for each strain!

Cvh

Supermod
And also more light. They are seriously stretching.
With only 4 plants of each strain I wouldn't really call it a pheno hunt.

Cvh

Supermod
Looks like 2 of them have already fallen over. The one below in the left group and one below on the right group.

cttgecultivate

I had to start them in my closet so thats probably why the stretch. I turned the lights up a bit today(pics were taken in the morning) and the one on the right has stood up and looks normal. One on the left I fucked up and snapped it by accident :(

troutman

Seed Whore
It won't be long before the roots come out.

By transplanting them you could put soil or other grow medium up along the stem up to the leaves to hold them better.

cttgecultivate

yeah I'm putting them into 6 inch flora flex pots with coco in them. I have grown before I have just never grown seeds before. Once the roots appear ill start treating the Coco

cttgecultivate

A little update on how things are going. I am going to start flowering this week. just need to grab a cut of each one and then I will start flowering. They are looking pretty healthy and I am excited to see what comes out of these seeds
https://imgur.com/a/UX0jtjE

Sign

Hey don't feel bad, shit happens. Also imo pheno hunting numbers are subjective. If you are growing and taking cuttings with an eye to find a keeper that *you* like and you succeed it was successful for you.

I'd love to grow out a few hundred at a time year after year looking for something perfect but in lieu of breaking the law stupid as it is I'll just pheno hunt as best I may. Keep on going man good luck

cttgecultivate

Thanks man. And yeah I can only grow so much, especially with the light so I am not too worried about it. I have a lot of faith in both of these strains and I will be glad to share what comes out. Hopefully sometime in the near future you will see one of these on the rec market grown by me ;)

cttgecultivate

These are pics from the second day of flowering. I took cutting the day before I flipped and the plants didn't really seem to skip a beat. today is the fourth day of flowering and still looking good. I will post more pics as I start to identify the plants. I already have a few plants I am praying are female because they look so damn good.
https://imgur.com/a/P8arkz3
P8arkz3

cttgecultivate

fpb8JRw

These pics are from Day 14 of flower. I am left with 3 Kush mint crosses and 1 Platinum muffins. Put the trellis down today to hold them all up and to bend some of the larger branches to even out the canopy as best as I can. everything is looking pretty good so far!

cttgecultivate

Here is day 21. Platinum muffins starting to stack, Kush mints is looking really nice as well! The back 2 kush mints are picky feeders but they still look really good. First picture is the frost on one of the kush mints plants, second and third are the Platinum Muffins

cttgecultivate

Here is day 34 and everything is looking really good! I think I have found my keeper pheno of the kush mints crosses. It has some of the most frost, while seeming to have the biggest nugs and seems to be finishing faster than the other two. The platinum muffins is looking amazing as well. Not quite as frosty as the KM crosses, but it makes up for it with the massive stacking and having some of the best terps I have smelled. the first couple of pictures are the KM crosses. the last 3 are the Platinum Muffins plant, enjoy!

cttgecultivate

Day 43 on these pics and things are looking pretty good. It looks like my 2 keepers are also going to finish at least a week sooner than the other 2. One keeper is the Platinum Muffins which looks great and smells absolutley amazing. The other is the Kush mints cross that is a bit frostier than the muffins and much denser nugs at this stage. Doesn't quite have the terps like the Muffins cross but I still like it, kind of a creamy mint so far. First few pics are the Muffins stacking and frost, the rest is the Kush mints keeper, Enjoy!