What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Recs on best portable vape? (Flower-compatible)

Happy Times

Hi all

Wondering any recommendations on best portable vape that can work with flower. A buddy likes the Pax a lot. I’d like something less stinky for travel, and for treating my lungs more cleanly too

Thanks in advance!

Samuel Caldwell

Have you researched? There are several threads on this exact subject in this section of the forum. Recent discussions. Check them out.

I haven't purchased yet but I'm pretty sure I'm going to buy a Boundless CFX very soon. It looks like it'll fit my needs. (2 of us using it, simple machine, not too expensive, durability, good manufacturer customer service) Lots of nice vapes available, though. Just gotta figure out the best fit for your specific wants/needs.

NizzyJones

It depends on a bunch of factors. Most important: Price range, tolerance level, and session style (quick hits vs roasting over several minutes). CF X and Mighty are both medium to long session-style vapes.

NizzyJones

Oh and most review sites and youtube reviews are straight garbage. The ones that are trusted in the community (but still sometimes err on the side of being a little too positive) are 420vapezone.com, Sneaky Pete, and TheVapeCritic.

Ringodoggie

Premium user
I started vaping about a year ago and have spent about 3k buying every vape there is to find the holy grail of vapes.

Like someone above said, it depends what you want and your needs.

Desktop/plug-in vapes for quick hits.... E-nano log vape from Epic Vape
Portable... tough to say. Lots of good choices. Boils down to price and how you dose. Micro dose or macro dose, like me. LOL

Right now, my goto for portable is the Arizer ArGo.

What are your needs and your budget?

NizzyJones

I like the Underdog or Woodscents better as log vape choices (more stem options, thinner cords) but other than that spot on.

Samuel Caldwell

I haven't purchased yet but I'm pretty sure I'm going to buy a Boundless CFX very soon. It looks like it'll fit my needs. (2 of us using it, simple machine, not too expensive, durability, good manufacturer customer service) Lots of nice vapes available, though. Just gotta figure out the best fit for your specific wants/needs.

Update, after more research I've landed on the Healthy Rips Fierce instead. I might grab a Fury 2, too, but I'll wait and see what Black Friday brings. I'm hoping my wife and I can be combustion-free by the new year.

RB56

Veteran
I found the Boundless CFX difficult to keep clean over time. Tried replacing mouthpieces after a while, but the replacement, like the one that came with the device tasted like plastic for the first few days.

Arizer Solo II for most uses - even replaced a desktop unit. I use an Airgo when stealth is the priority but the hits aren't quite as good. Arizer units have a very clean vapor path - glass, stainless steel and ceramic. Started with an original Solo, then an Air. Solo II and Airgo are the standouts.

Samuel Caldwell

Update, after more research I've landed on the Healthy Rips Fierce instead. I might grab a Fury 2, too, but I'll wait and see what Black Friday brings. I'm hoping my wife and I can be combustion-free by the new year.

I love researching, there's so much to learn!

I changed my mind again. I decided to stick with my 'simpler is better' motto and ordered a couple VapCaps from DynaVap. Small, lightweight, durable, no batteries or cords. Reviews and recommendations tell me it's a good choice for folks (like me) who are coming from the smoking side, as it shares many of the 'rituals' involved in lighting up. Can't wait for them to arrive!

Happy Times

I started vaping about a year ago and have spent about 3k buying every vape there is to find the holy grail of vapes.

Portable... tough to say. Lots of good choices. Boils down to price and how you dose. Micro dose or macro dose, like me. LOL

Thanks for all the feedback y’all! Great suggestions

Need: portable (long road trips, being out for the day doing stuff like hitting the museum)

Budget- not sure, 2-300 range would be nice

RB56

Veteran
Three Arizer devices:

From left to right: Solo II, Air, Argo. The Air isn't all that useful at this point. It was their more portable version of the Solo, but that role is now filled by the Argo.

If you go with the Solo, be sure to get the Solo II. Draw is massively improved over the original Solo. The body of the Solo II is 4.5" tall. The Solo II, several glass tubes and tools all fit in a fabric bag that comes with the Solo II and is smaller than a can of soda. If I could just have one it would be the Solo II. Somewhat better vapor density and longer battery life. Only downside is that it uses a proprietary charging port and mini USB is more flexible.

The Argo is super portable. The top extends over the glass tube to protect it, so the whole thing is 3.5"x2"x1". Has a mini USB charging port and uses 18650 batteries that are easy to replace. Even if you won't be near a charging source, you can carry a few batteries and replace them as needed.

The Solo II is my main device and has replaced a desktop. I keep the Argo in my computer case. It also gets daily use.

Both of these devices have very clean vapor paths - glass and stainless steel. Very easy to clean.

Ringodoggie

Premium user
Of all the 'carry' potables I have the Arizer ArGo beats them all. Even the Fury2. The Fury2 heats up faster but the ArGo has interchangeable batteries and a better mouthpiece and an awesome carry case/belt clip. It is the only vape I take with me on the road.

Indoors, once again Arizer is the winner with the Solo. I have the original version a few years old and it is still awesome. Incredible huge hits if you want them. Quick re-charge plus you can use it while charging. My everyday 'in house' portable.

And, although the Arizer Extreme Q is an incredible table-top, it's just too much for one user (great for parties) so I have to stick with the E-Nano from Epic for my favorite table top. You can leave them on all day and go take one hit any time you want. Just unbeatable. Probably my favorite vape of all times.

And, both Arizer and Epic have incredible customer service. The E-nano is basically guaranteed for life. They are a small company and, although they don't post a lifetime guarantee, they have never refused a return or repair request. They are small and want to make everyone happy. That's very nice these days. As for Arizer, they have a very nice warranty and I believe they have an upgrade program if you want to send your old broken one back and pay half price for a replacement (after warranty is up, of course). Not sure if those are the exact numbers but they do have a nice upgrade program.

Overall, both great companies to buy from.

Happy Times

Hey Ringo

Wondering your take on ArGo vs Pax2 ? Those are my two front runners right now. Slimmer form factor of Pax2 seems nice, but lots of people seem to really love their ArGo (including you!)

Peace

Ringodoggie

Premium user
I don't own a Pax so I can't say.

To be honest, what made me buy the ArGo in the first place was the totally cool belt clip case with extra stems and batteries. LOL

The replaceable batteries are a must for on-the-go. Does the Pax have replaceable batteries?

NizzyJones

Arizer over Pax any day unless you're super worried about the glass. Even then the Fierce is going to out perform the Pax pretty significantly.

Latest posts

Latest posts