What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Busted!

SGS

In The Garden
Veteran
Hello everyone...

Bad news.. Got busted with 3+oz which is a felony where I'm currently residing.... They came in with a search warrant with guns drawn and riot shields... Removed me from my home as they searched my entire property making one he'll of a mess... I was turned in by my new neighbors for they don't agree with me smoking apparently... They saw me smoking in my car port and smelled it......

I've lived here for a long time and can't believe how people can be so intrusive coming into a place the rest of us have been in this neighborhood... I have no problems with anyone here...but apparently i offended them... To the point they wanted to get me into major trouble.....

They took my entire SGS seed collection... Yrs and yrs of work... Along with every other unique genetics collected for yrs...
Very upsetting... :(

Legal fees are a major concern... Along with penalties from the charges im facing... This state really need to get with all the other states that touch it... 3 are legal rec... 2 are medical and decriminalization....

As soon as I can I'm going to move from this state to where I won't be prosecuted for our loved plant...

During my arrest i told one of the officers "we wouldn't even be having this conversation if we were 157 miles to the northwest..." He said you are absolutely right... But we arnt...

Any support from ICMAG members is welcome...

Thanks everyone for letting me vent..

SGS:tiphat:

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
Fuck man that sucks. I don't pray but this next bowl I rip is for you. I agree with you that moving to a legal state is the best course of action. Good luck bro. :huggg:

Satyros

"Intrusive" says it all there.

A joint at home = SWAT raid. I can imagine the phone call--"Someone's smoking weed, bring the para-military!"

Given the circumstances, the worst should really be, "He's got a quarter pound sitting there. Just get someone to pick it up."

Smoking a joint or whatever does NOT constitute probable cause for the rest of what happened. A warrant had to pass through a judge or magistrate. Either someone saw something you don't know about, or the judiciary had too much time, resources, and limited judgment to do anything else.

Hate it for you, such a shameless waste of everything.

Bumbatar

What state do you live in? remember when SWAT teams were only for really really serious shit like when the Volksfrei Movement took over Nakatomi Plaza and Carl Winslows car got shot up? Now you wonder what the "special" means in special weapons and tactics. Were they wearing helmets when they raided your house?

hqdefault.jpg

SGS

In The Garden
Veteran
The only state that touches both Washington and Oregon. Both of which have legal rec use... And where I'm prolly gonna end up after I finish the battle of this crap....

As for probable cause. They told me my new neighbors called and reported my use... And the found stems and shit in my trash over last month of investigation...

rexamus616

Veteran
That sucks mate.

Keep your head up, don't let them win!

Hope the neighbours get the karma they deserve

insomniac_AU

Fuck this sort of crap really gets to me. It's just low hanging fruit. Cops love this shit. They get a slap on the back from their superiors and the media and there is zero risk kicking down a pacifist smoker's door and turning their life upside down.

On the surface it appears the police are doing their jobs to the general public but there are no winners here. The public is no safer and the legal system is clogged unnecessarily. Same shit happens here in Australia all the time. Meanwhile meth use is out of control which actually does have a devastating impact on society. SMH

M

moose eater

Condolences for the suffering and uncertainty they've brought to your life.

I hope you arise victorious.

In either case, don't give them the satisfaction of whipping you emotionally or otherwise, before the final-final. Hang in there.

"The Sun -will- rise tomorrow."

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
That state is not very tolerant of progressives.

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
The only state that touches both Washington and Oregon. Both of which have legal rec use... And where I'm prolly gonna end up after I finish the battle of this crap....

As for probable cause. They told me my new neighbors called and reported my use... And the found stems and shit in my trash over last month of investigation...

Real backwards state. Really uptight state if rummaging trash for seeds and empty baggies. Aren't there a lot of rednecks, but in north?

Did they see you?

meadowman

that really sucks….you broke cardinal rules though….u advertised by smoking in public and put evidence in your trash…morel of the story: don't get complacent

Rocky Mtn Squid

EL CID SQUID
Veteran
My Thoughts Go Out To You

My Thoughts Go Out To You

It's hard to accept that this kind of ridiculous shit still takes place. I can definitely relate to nosy neighbors and the paranoia that comes with it. Having grown for decades in my home, I was always super paranoid about smell and post grow disposal and clean up.

In the old days, I never threw used nutrient containers and grow equipment boxes away in my trash containers, and excess plant waste always got burned late at night in my fireplace on cold winter nights. I can still remember one time when I was growing some 4SD and my room had a tiny leak that was getting past the carbon filter. A life long buddy came by to visit who had parked in front of my house rang my doorbell saying, "Rocky you dumb fuck, I can smell fuel infested weed as soon I get out of my car!"

I grabbed him by the shirt and yanked him into the house, freaking out hoping that a neighbor didn't hear him. Sound tends to carry. We both went downstairs to my grow room, traced the source of the leak, and fixed it ASAP.

Compounded by all of this ridiculous shit, it always turns out that you cant even trust many of your friends to know about your "little secret" downstairs in the basement. I've had a couple of different so called good buddies who threatened to call the cops on me after disagreements, Needless to say, they're not welcome in my home anymore and I've told them to go fuck off and never return.

You need to find a good lawyer which is going to cost you a pile of money. Caveat emptor with any which one you choose, because at the end of the day, they are all a bunch of slime bags who are only interested in your money, not your freedom and personal welfare.

Stay strong, remain bold, and you will somehow overcome all this. It must be a heavy burden to bare.

When it's all done and passed, move to a legal state, and try putting this all behind you. The adversity will make you better person in the long run, even though it probably doesn't appear that way to you right now.

RMS

:smoweed:

green404

That sucks.. Month long investigation over the smell of pot..! talk about a bloated police force wasting tax money to terrorize society.

I lived a couple of states that were like that. Sometimes when I look at cannabis stuff sitting out in my house it reminds me of the days when everything was hidden right after use.

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
Hard to believe they could get a warrant and enter your house based on a neighbor saying they smelled weed. Really sucks dude. You need a lawyer.

M

moose eater

Hard to believe they could get a warrant and enter your house based on a neighbor saying they smelled weed. Really sucks dude. You need a lawyer.

Per the OP's posts, the call from the nosy neighbors resulted in a month-long investigation, during which they allegedly found stems, etc., in his trash.

The warrant was apparently based on the entire sequence of events, and resulting evidence.

Satyros

If investigating the trash meant they went on your property, don't they need a warrant for that? It does sound like a "search". If you could see a big stem sticking out of the trash can, from the street, that would be one thing; otherwise, unless they searched right at the moment the can was at the street, I am still not sure how smoking a joint gives police the right to prowl through your yard.

M

moose eater

If investigating the trash meant they went on your property, don't they need a warrant for that? It does sound like a "search". If you could see a big stem sticking out of the trash can, from the street, that would be one thing; otherwise, unless they searched right at the moment the can was at the street, I am still not sure how smoking a joint gives police the right to prowl through your yard.

That varies state to state, and in many places, if the trash has been placed curb-side for collection, they may/can claim you forfeited your rights to it, as well as any privacy.

But it may be an angle to pursue.

I recall a case involving a cop in/near Portland a number of years ago, who was off on medical leave if I remember correctly. She was suspected of either being involved in drug use, or hanging with people who were. The cops went through her trash, and claimed it was fair game for being discarded and curb-side.

Their tune changed a bit when an adept band of pranksters did the same shit to the Chief of Police's trash there, using the same justifications.

Turns out all kinds of stuff can be determined by sorting through a person's trash; prescription use, entertainment or recreational habits, dietary oddities, spouse's menstrual cycle, etc.

You know.. Things that the average police chief might see as PRIVATE stuff. :biggrin:

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
Per the OP's posts, the call from the nosy neighbors resulted in a month-long investigation, during which they allegedly found stems, etc., in his trash.

The warrant was apparently based on the entire sequence of events, and resulting evidence.

I missed that. Thanks.

A month long investigation, Imagine what they spent on that. All for a lousy three ounces of weed. Tax payers should be demanding some explanation from the chief.