What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

post your SCROG and LST plant pics

Maj.PotHead

End Cannibis Prohibition Now Realize Legalize !!
Mentor
Veteran
3rd day flower sugar shack

11 th day

right before chop 55 days flower 10 plants 2 gal bags 300 grams dry no training just bend plop screen over and let them fly.

sugar shack LST early 3 0z from 6 gal soil this plant was sick because of bad FF tiger bloom

heres a multipul FIM every branch was done

heres she is at chop

in my gallery theres towards the end tutorials saved from overgrow, theres a scrogg, lst,fim in there amoungst many others lol.

m@rg

go on .. pull my finger
ICMag Donor
Veteran
this grow i tied them down for 3 wks,then untied and vegged for further 2 wks , then flowered - the plant in the pic was also topped

this way has made a nice sea of green ,im happy so far

pineappaloupe

I am a huge fan of LST. I tried scrog last run... i just dont like how it functions in a confined box. I like to move the ladies around a bit. I wasnt very good with it. A good LST accomplished the same thing as scrog, but if you are running low watts and few plants scrog is best for efficiency.

I am getting better with LST. You have to have a vision for the plant, pruning and tie downs done randomly doesnt work as well.

Here is what I have done with liberal pruning

corner plant from the side:

the tops in the canopy:

a trained and pruned plant

and here are some from awhile ago

peace

pineappaloupe

I started the LST as soon as they went into plastic 1/2 gal bags. very minimal stuff through. I just topped them and very gently guided the two new tops horizontal. by the time they went into 2.5 gal buckets the main "frame" of the plants was rigid and not going to push back upwards.
just dont wait until the stem gets thick.

vindiesel

Veteran
oh yeah didn't think of that. i plan on repotting 3 times, once for initial potting, then in veg and final in early flowering, once sex is determined. i guess only then, i would LST or scrog, right?

vindiesel said:
oh yeah didn't think of that. i plan on repotting 3 times, once for initial potting, then in veg and final in early flowering, once sex is determined. i guess only then, i would LST or scrog, right?
No, you start to use LST at about week 3 of veg or when they are about 5 inches tall. Try to repot before you flower.
Actually I take that back, you can start anytime you like, but if ya want an even canopy that has tons of buds sites then start early and veg 6-8 weeks (space providing of course-it's up to you). Here's another pic of 6 plants that were vegged 6 weeks and trained from week 2 plus of veg.

Last edited:

vindiesel

Veteran
reason i would want to repot at early flower is cuz BOG strongly suggests that. said u will be happy in the end... don't really have to but kinda want to.

Looks fine, but pull them over even more everyday until the main top is below the lower branches. That way the auxins will flow to those sites and they will then become the main tops. You then pull those over and so on and so forth. In the end you want every top to be level with each other so there are no dominate tops. If you take a look at my pic above you will see just a few tops that are higher then the others. Those are the main tops and the stems have become so hard that I could not pull them over any more. There is no pinching in my pic above, just lots of ties.

Dr Seuss

This one was a little overdone... It was topped multiple times and trained forever. It would have been better as a mother.

These are my bagseed under 180 watts CFL

HeresTheDank

so tie the top down to where its facing down? i thought maybe the top could be bent over but still want it to face up if that makes sense...

I

icon

these are old pics of my first scrog i weaved the braches through the chicken wire then let them grow upward

FreezerBoy

Was blind but now IC Puckbunny in Training
Veteran
HeresTheDank said:
so tie the top down to where its facing down? i thought maybe the top could be bent over but still want it to face up if that makes sense...
The top will bend back up by itself. Meantime, the plant thinks the main tip has abdicated and tries to take over.

Latest posts

Latest posts