What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Whopper grow in the making

LOVELYJUGS

Hey Guys

Hey Guys

Thanks for the advice regarding the lights .

I dropped them quite a bit ... It made a difference .

We have a few pics from the other room .Which is reserved for space when these Ladies kick off ! I have decided to go with Advanced Nuitrents .Super tea for veg and bloom and also for bloom to with Hammer head and Big Bud :wave:

I had great success with previous grows before :woohoo:

Below is a few pics and as you can see beautiful things are beginning to flow.....

What do you all thing Guys ?

Be in touch soon ............ Mr big Jugs...........

G

bravo. i would have to quite my job to keep up with all that. i would also need to be sadated to fall asleep. but it looks like your rocking this quite well. best of luck.

texasluv

I think it looks pretty good. Are you only vegging under the 600W lights, or is that the lighting you have for the entire grow? If that is all you have for the whole grow I'd bring the lights down to within .5 meters of the tops of the plants. 600W lights don't have much penetrating power so the closer they are the better.

As for nutrients, Advanced Nutrients are awesome, but they are also very pricey. You can get 95% of the results for damn near 1/2 the price with Fox Farm or General Hydroponics. That being said, I use AN. If you like using the Big Bud, you should also use Overdrive the last 2-3 weeks of flowering before flushing. It adds a good deal of weight in just a few applications.

Also, if you can find it you should invest in a bottle of Dutch Masters Liquid Light and Penetrator. They are for foliar feeding and must be used together. Try foliar feeding one or two of your tables with it and watch how fast the plants bush out. It will make your leaves flip over and look funny for a day or two but the stuff really works. I do large tables like yours and I love the stuff for filling in the canopy. It should only be used through veg and the first 2-3 weeks of bloom.

Great grow- I'll be following along to see the progress.

G

Hi

Great grow dude, and even better thread

grabbin a seat for this one

How much are you shootin for, you got to be getting 3 - 400 oz from that lot

joder156

Very nice, so clean and everything is in order. Ill be taking notes on this one for future reference ;).

Are you planning on doing any cloning or re-vegging? I bet you'll find some nice phenos in there that you would want to keep.

Good luck with the grow mang! Cant wait to see the flowering pics.

N

NZjay

how the Fudge did i not see this thread?!

:jawdrop:

Jebus!!!!!!!! i got me a seat!

pico

Veteran
Man if I was you I would double the ammount of lights in that room and drop them down closer. Light has the inverse square law so at 3 feet you are getting 1/9 of the light you would be getting at 1 foot. 4 feet you get 1/16th.

Double your lights and you can probably double your harvest.

Sammet

Med grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
WOW!!! AWESOME SETUP!!!! seriously mate, my mouth just hit the floor. That's a beautiful sight to behold.

Truly a sea of green.

LOVELYJUGS

Everything is in place now........

Everything is in place now........

Well almost everything . I am going to get 4 more lights .a lot of people are saying to me in replys to this thread that the lights are too high .Not near close to the plants !! There is a reason for this .When you see the lights in the photos they are raised high because I need room to work with them for watering and pruning etc..... as i leave the grow room they are lowered to just over 1 foot from the tops of the plants ....

Below is another few pic's ... And 1 is a shot of the carbon filter I am useing ............Enjoy .......

I could not wish for better temps 26 C in the day and 19 C at night.

Untill next time Mr Jugsss

B

Bigtimer7

Mr Jugs,
Ive herd that "pimpin aint easy" but i wanted to get the opinon from a true pimp!

20kw dreams

pico said:
Man if I was you I would double the ammount of lights in that room and drop them down closer. Light has the inverse square law so at 3 feet you are getting 1/9 of the light you would be getting at 1 foot. 4 feet you get 1/16th.

Double your lights and you can probably double your harvest.

That's a common misinterpretation. That rule is for a point source. When you have a reflector, the light can't go up or to the sides and would be maybe 10x that(just a guess), not being near reduced at an inversed square value.

What size are those tables? Must be a pain in the back working that low. They looked like 3' x 6's to me, but someone else said 4' x 8's.

Anyways, nice grow. Are you going to look for mothers? Looks pretty minimal. I like that. I'm going to be expanding here myself, and may end up doing something simple like this. What are your future plans for the room?

G

Just saw this thread...
holy shit, 360 seeds? You are a madman.
Yup...but the set up looks nice and the plants are doing well. Very nice so far.

pico

Veteran
20kw dreams said:
That's a common misinterpretation. That rule is for a point source. When you have a reflector, the light can't go up or to the sides and would be maybe 10x that(just a guess), not being near reduced at an inversed square value.

Thanks for correcting me. I did not know there was a difference. The general idea that light degrades quickly by increasing distance would still apply however not nearly as quick as the inverse square law. I guess it would be different for each reflector as well.

Just pulling up some of the numbers from my reflector testing, With the super sun 2 reflector and gropro dual 600w ballast there is an average of 2596 footcandles at 18 inches over a 3x3 area. average of 2191 footcandles at 24 inches over the same area. So there is about 18.5% more light average over the 3x3 area at 18 inches compared to 24 inches. Now at 24 inches it puts out light over a larger area so that light isn't accounted for in this test.

Or just comparing a single point under the light, at 18 inches there is 5000 footcandles and the same point at 24 inches is 3360 footcandles. So almost 50% more light on that single point when 6 inches closer.

Sammet

Med grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
20kw dreams said:

Hmm, you're right about the point source, but still the inverse square law applies. The reflector reduces the effect by creating a "column" of light, but the light will spread out roughly following the inverse square law even with a reflector. A reflector is meant to help combat this but there's no substitute for getting those lights close to your ladies :D

So for the guys above, you're both right :D :joint:

Last edited:

Germanator

I just had a flashback from OG. Minimal = easy to tear down...that is an upside worth noting.

A good invstment would be an auto watering system. Made easier with your SOG style, and short veg time.

Germ

blackone

Veteran
Sammet said:
Hmm, you're right about the point source, but still the inverse square law applies. The reflector reduces the effect by creating a "column" of light, but the light will spread out roughly following the inverse square law even with a reflector. A reflector is meant to help combat this but there's no substitute for getting those lights close to your ladies :D

So for the guys above, you're both right :D :joint:

True - as long as some of the light coming out of the reflector is direct light from the bulb then the direct portion of the light will spread out according to the inverse square law, while the reflected part can be more focused. With the lightsource in the focal point of a parabolic reflector it will even be parallel beams, as in a searchlight. (obviously parallel rays wouldn't be useful for growing unless the reflector was the same size as the grow area)

Last edited:

watermelon

amazing grow you have there man. cant wait for a month or so to see some buddage.

how are you going to deal with the smell of that many plants? you must have a huge scrubber, or multiple?

Latest posts

Latest posts