What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

H3ad goes Coco

Miss Fit

they look the picture of health.. excellent pics too.. interesting to note that you have no trouble in pure coco for cuts n clones.. I found mine failing .. and now use a coco/perlite/soil mix for cuts... still a huge fan of the coco tho.. great results you are getting.. inspiring..

regards,,
missfit

T

tricky

looking good gr3at looking good :joint: got the need to break out some g33 now again :woohoo:

Grat3fulh3ad

The Voice of Reason
Veteran
I'd never use softened water, because of the sodium or potassium...

I'd most likely test the hard water, and adjust my ratios using the hardwater micro...

bartender187

Bakin in da Sun
Veteran
Not sure if you posted this already... but what brand coco are you running?

Just broke down and bought some coco (mix of GH + Sunleaves bricks /w coco croutons)... runnin a kiddy pool of coco against a kiddy pool of promix... goin to settle it once and for all for myself.

Grat3fulh3ad

The Voice of Reason
Veteran
Don't know what brand, Bartender... there was no lable... I'll ask next time...

Please do a thread on your side by side grow...

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
Lovely job H3ad

man this thread should probably be a sticky no? what do you guys thinK? it's great to have a good no coco specific nutes coco grow here, for all those that can't get the specific nutes, or just want to go their own route.

T

tricky

cocco fan club gets bigger :joint:

you can run cocco with an nutes but at half strength other wise they burn them to fk :bat:

-VT-

Voluptuous Trichomes
Veteran
It should be a sticky

It should be a sticky

gaiusmarius said:
Lovely job H3ad

man this thread should probably be a sticky no? what do you guys thinK? it's great to have a good no coco specific nutes coco grow here, for all those that can't get the specific nutes, or just want to go their own route.
I say yes...this thread should be a sticky for a lot of reasons....one of the best I've ever tagged :yes: Every plant looks gorgeous....
And the genetics are world class....
:wave:

E

easyrasta

Hey grateful
Ive just switched to coco w/@30% hydroton
and have been using your modified lucus,
Your pics are so green and lush, do you foliar spray at all?
The only difference is I started a bunch in rockwool cubes and then put the cubes in the coco.

Thanks in advance
for any input
Peace
Ez

Grat3fulh3ad

The Voice of Reason
Veteran
I don't foliar spray at all... but it does look like yours are a bit hungry... How hard is the water you're starting with and where is your ph?

E

easyrasta

MY ph is @6.01
I use ro with your mix of lucus & epsom
I think the diff. may be i started and vegged in 4 inch cubes the
first couple of weeks then put them on the coco in 1 gal. container.
I think i need a foliar maybe seaweed or some guano
Peace & thanks for the help
Ez

jimjay

Youre lucas formula seems to be doin them good. How far in are ya?
What do you think about using your formula w/ calmag but instead using the hard water micro?

Rosy Cheeks

dancin' cheek to cheek
Veteran
SuperNuck said:
looking great! I noticed that my coco plants, although smaller in stature than my previous soil runs, had much larger fan leaves all around. I just trimmed some off the SOL mix i have in flower and some were huge, even bigger than my great big paws.

Grat3fulh3ad said:
I know, Nuck... That was the other Day... There are much larger fans in there now... amazing...

If you like big fanleaves, you should try NFT. I never saw anything as big in soil, coco or soil/coco. That's my hand by the way, and they don't call me the goalie for nothing.

Lovely pics Grat3fulh3ad, you got the white scale just perfect IMO. And the plants too!

Grat3fulh3ad

The Voice of Reason
Veteran
jimjay said:
Youre lucas formula seems to be doin them good. How far in are ya?
What do you think about using your formula w/ calmag but instead using the hard water micro?
If you used hardwater micro and substituted 7ml/gal cal-mag plus for the 1g/gal epsom salts... Then the profile would be

N 134
P 60
K 107
Mg 63
S 27
Ca 78

Looks perfectly acceptable to me, at that rate... Give'r a try and let us know how it works out...

Grat3fulh3ad

The Voice of Reason
Veteran
If you wanted to tweak the formula a bit farther... You could add to that 2ml/gallon PK 13-14 and end up with nearly perfect ratios...

N 134
P 90
K 168
Mg 63
S 27
Ca 78

jimjay

Damn your good, thanks man :wave: I could probably add less calmag since i am using tap water? Can pk be used on a regular basis like through veg?

I will let you know how it works when i finish up the rest of my canna

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts