What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

H3ad goes Coco

micko-uk

Hiya h3ad & all,,,,,,,,

Has gone abit slow on this one, come on boys &
gales lets have some more Q/A. Here are mine
h3ad when you water/feed how much run off per pot each time, and do you ever take a reading from the run off. The reason i ask i have
followed your very good advice and the bottom
part off my girls are turning yellow about two weeks into flower its like they need something
& there taking it from there store ( bottom of plant ). No co2 at all v/f, need this in about 4 weeks more, thats y i ask about the run off i need to work this out please let me know M-uk

Grat3fulh3ad

The Voice of Reason
Veteran
micko-uk said:
Hiya h3ad & all,,,,,,,,

Has gone abit slow on this one, come on boys &
gales lets have some more Q/A. Here are mine
h3ad when you water/feed how much run off per pot each time, and do you ever take a reading from the run off. The reason i ask i have
followed your very good advice and the bottom
part off my girls are turning yellow about two weeks into flower its like they need something
& there taking it from there store ( bottom of plant ). No co2 at all v/f, need this in about 4 weeks more, thats y i ask about the run off i need to work this out please let me know M-uk
hardly any runoff...
pics of the plants would help me make a relevant comment on their condition, or a more detailed description of the yellowing including how rapidly it is occurring, what percentage of the plant is yellow, are the leaves fading evenly when they yellow or it it intra-veinal or marginal, etc., and what condition is your water in before you begin mixing; hardness, pH, and such...

micko-uk

Hiya h3ad & all.........

Thanks for getting back so quick,i was at g/f and
just got back. OK city water r/o`ed to 0.00 ppm & pH 6.8 to 7.1 make up 200 Lt add nutes 6-9
5 heaped tea spoon full e/salts. Let it tick over with big air stone 36 hr later pH spot on 5.8- 6.0
sometimes its high like 6.2 5ml down gets me 5.9. My ppm meter always shows around 640ppm its a blue-lab not sure if 5 or 7 but the ppm are there so i must be on the same sheet.
Its like a (n) deficiency has you can see in the pics,,,,if they don't come up look in my gallery
it took me ages to get them there. Please have a look & tell me what you think M-uk.

Grat3fulh3ad

The Voice of Reason
Veteran
cut out the epsom salts or cut them back alot... when I was adding them, I was adding 1 gram of epsom salts to one gallon of solution, but I'm not using any now...

Grat3fulh3ad

The Voice of Reason
Veteran
Some new and interesting information...
gramsci.antonio said:
I was reading some advanced topic on nutrients when i noticed something odd...

People refer (as I do) to Lucas formula based on GH nutrients, which composition is:

Micro(hard): 5-0-1
Bloom: 0-5-4

While, on GHE (GH Europe) nutrients percentages aren't shown, but as reading from a bottle:

Micro(hard): 4-0-2
Bloom: 0-6-4

This means i fucked up with Lucas formula... hence the strange N def i was seeing....

Anyone can confirm this? Is there any "corrected" Lucas formula?
I'll work out some 'euro ratios' later...

micko-uk

Hi h3ad & all

That will be right spot on if you can do that h3ad
Now my prob,,,its sorted what a WANKER i am.
About 3 week ago a new guy in my local shop
did no know i was a r/o man ( yes you guessed )it give me h/w,,,HORRA. I did not look 5lt so i give it a right shack and put in a empty 1lt s/w
bottle for easy handle. I tracked back to see were and found it, phoned my local was out of stock be 4 days. So made up new tank @ 3/4
nutes and added cal-mag @1/2 strength in my hurry to get the girls back on track did not have time to get back hear. I remember you had given the figures what do you think until the
s/w turns up. It shows mostly on the haze then
nycd and gust showing on the whites and took
about 2 week shows your nutes levels are spot on ,,,any way thanks for all you have done and doing,,,M-uk.

Last edited:

gramsci.antonio

Veteran
hey man, i understood that is 100 - 100 - 200 - 60 for vegging, but for flower?

Couldn't you link a post where your whole feeding schedule is explained, so i can adapt it to my Euro nutrients?

gregor_mendel

hey man, i understood that is 100 - 100 - 200 - 60 for vegging, but for flower?

That is the ratio for 0G-8M-16B

H3ad's version is 0G-6M-9B

That profile os 97-60-107-41

Follow the link in my sig line.

There is a spreadsheet there with US version GH Flora series guaranteed analysis already entered. Download it.

Modify it to match what your guaranteed analysis says, and you can now figure out how to make any profile under the sun in 2 seconds.

Stop back if you need some help on using the spreadsheet.

gramsci.antonio

Veteran
gregor_mendel said:
That is the ratio for 0G-8M-16B

H3ad's version is 0G-6M-9B

That profile os 97-60-107-41

Follow the link in my sig line.

There is a spreadsheet there with US version GH Flora series guaranteed analysis already entered. Download it.

Modify it to match what your guaranteed analysis says, and you can now figure out how to make any profile under the sun in 2 seconds.

Stop back if you need some help on using the spreadsheet.

Thank you man!

Unfortunatly the GHE nutrients (from europe) don't have correct info on their labels.... Like they miss calcium and magnesium content, and don't match provided by their website...

I contacted them by mail, but no answer yet has come...

Last edited:

Tony Danza

gramsci.antonio said:
Thank you man!

Unfortunatly the GHE nutrients (from europe) don't have correct info on their labels.... Like they miss calcium and magnesium content, and don't match provided by their website...

I contacted them by mail, but no answer yet has come...

I'm pretty sure If you have the hardwater micro, you will have no calcium and magnesium.

I believe the same ratio is used all the way until buds begin to form and then a short boost of the bloom (3ml/gal) followed by removal of the micro, followed by flush. It's a few pages in where H3ad decribes the late flowering adjustments.

gregor_mendel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grat3fulh3ad
I use 6ml/gallon GH flora micro and
9ml/gallon GH flora Bloom

1/2 strength for seedlings and freshly rooted clones

Full strength from the beginning of Veg until they begin bud formation
then

9ml/gallon GH flora bloom up until 2 weeks prior to harvest

Then plain water to finish.

Someone help me out here.

In post #191 h3ad prescribes 6/9 for the first 1/3 of flowering, then a week of 6/12, then 0/9 until 3 weeks before harvest, which is plain water.

I could not find the original post the above quote refers to.

Which is the current version?

Grat3fulh3ad

The Voice of Reason
Veteran
Originally Posted by Grat3fulh3ad
I use 6ml/gallon GH flora micro and
9ml/gallon GH flora Bloom

1/2 strength for seedlings and freshly rooted clones

Full strength from the beginning of Veg until they begin bud formation
then

9ml/gallon GH flora bloom up until 2 weeks prior to harvest

Then plain water to finish.
is pretty much the regimen I've settled into...
I'm running the 6/9 until the production of new calyx begins to slow... a couple of weeks into flower production on faster flowering strains, a bit longer for 70+ day flowerers... Some of the heavier finishers get the extra 3 ml/gal of bloom that last week... then 0/9 up until flush time...

I have been trying minor variations... upping the bloom during veg gave a bit of Mg/Ca lockout... Leaving out the micro too early looses bud mass... Leaving the micro in too long makes flushing more difficult... Not flushing long enough affects the quality of the flavor and burn... Watering with no runoff at all causes lockout and flushing issues late in flower... Watering with more than a tiny bit of runoff is a waste of nute, and environmentally irresponsible...

No matter what variations I've tried, I seem to end up right back just about where I am now...

gregor_mendel

Thanks and good morning...

This is my first full run with h3ad formula. The plant matures in 70 days. Island Sweet Skunk if you are familiar.

I think this qualifies as a heavy finisher, but for simplicity, I will forego the extra 3ml of bloom during that last week. Experimenation will work it out.

Determining when that last week is will be my biggest challenge, as I have never paid attention to such things as slowing calyx formation.

I just finished day seven of flowering, and it seems the flower formation is starting more quickly than I have ever noticed in this strain. Easily a week earlier, possibly two.

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Hello all, I'm somewhat new here been lurking around for months and decided to join in on the fun. I have a micro CFL grow going Dr.Bud style and I was wondering if I changed my soil to coco could I keep the same nutes or do I need to add a lot more since I hear the coco has no nutes at all ????

javtfs

Hello,

I would like to thank H3ad for this work , my plants are growing very well and I am very happy . Recently I got a co2 system and I have started using it .

As I have read that if you are running co2 your plants need more food I would like to know if I should keep the same formula or if I should increase it a bit more.

In case I need to increase it what would you suggest ??

Thanks very much :violin:

Grat3fulh3ad

The Voice of Reason
Veteran
javtfs said:
Hello,

I would like to thank H3ad for this work , my plants are growing very well and I am very happy . Recently I got a co2 system and I have started using it .

As I have read that if you are running co2 your plants need more food I would like to know if I should keep the same formula or if I should increase it a bit more.

In case I need to increase it what would you suggest ??

Thanks very much :violin:
Same ratio 10-20% less water... I'd give that a shot if the added CO2 makes them look hungry....

Latest posts

Latest posts