What's new

Home-made compost

indicat33

So I used pure home made compost (aged well) to grow myself a crop this summer. Finally, all the plants have finished their stretch and are showing pistils. They were fertilized with fish emulsion during veg and now i am switching to a bloom-booster. The plants are : Western Winds (Kali Mist) and a couple of lemon kushes, along with a long-bladed sativa-looking bag-seed female, also throwing pistils everywhere.

Attachments

• DSCN0743.jpg
    DSCN0743.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 7
  • DSCN0744.jpg
    DSCN0744.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 5
  • DSCN0745.jpg
    DSCN0745.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 6
  • DSCN0747.jpg
    DSCN0747.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 5
  • DSCN0746.jpg
    DSCN0746.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 6

Bob The Snail

What Bloom booster are you gonna use? It would be a shame to create a good compost with millions of useful microbes, then use synthetic fertilizer that will inevitably dehydrate and kill the the microbes you worked so hard to grow....Be careful

Johnnyseed

I am currently composting now,

How long does your compost take to fully break down? I have everything from crabshells to esparagus and leafs.

New to compost ing

indicat33

Going to use Orchid Bloom (because that's what I have laying around). It works well @ 11-35-15. I use about 1/4 tsp / gallon and work up (slightly) from there. Good compost is ready (after mixing, adding lime, etc) after 3-5 yrs or so. Mine was about 10 yrs old and well composted into black, rich organic matter. I find that my fish emulsion (veg) / Orchid-bloom (flower) combo works well for me. Peace and happy growing :)

indicat33

Here are my girls after their last fish-emulsion feeding for the season. Bloom-booster from now on.

Attachments

• DSCN0748.jpg
    DSCN0748.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 11

unklemike

Love making a big pile of thermal compost. Just bough a used 8.5 hsp chipper shredder off craigslist so worth it to make perfect size shredded brown material. I have compost ready in less than a month but obviously gets better the longer I let it sit covered from rain and let all the worms,bugs and fungus further enhance it.

Latest posts

Latest posts