What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Chat problem as of Feb 23 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

alGrenDh

Is there a problem with chat today? Am not the only one experiencing this problem. Invalid username password is the error. Have tried 2 systems, 2 different browsers.

Spoken to a chat mod, they were unaware of any problems, as they (and a few others) have been able to get in fine.

??

G

i tried getting posts up to 150...still didnt work.. what sucks is im an older member with a new handle... :/

alGrenDh

:badday:

:badday:

Ok, just found out that the new minimum post count for chat has just been bumped up to 200. Now I can see where that may have been a good idea to those who run the site. Have "you who run the site" looked at the number of posts these "whom you are trying to keep out of chat" post on a daily basis? You are succeding in keeping alot of those of us who actually use chat constructively, out of it for quite awhile. Whereas "whom you are trying to keep out of chat" will hit that new minimum in a couple hours or so. What then? Bump it up another hundred or so?

PLUS, you don't TELL anybody what has happened! The chat moderators know nothing. OP speculates that a post count hike may be the case but nobody bothered to tell him either.

I spend more time in chat than in the forums some days, there's just so much being posted, you get swamped.

I am not a refuge from anywhere. I chose this site to make my home because of the community feel it had to it. Don't take that away.

marimbas

in my opinion should be for the join date, or for members who have at least 2 months old... but next month we will have a chat floodroom...

Last edited:
G

Dude, it's a chat room. Are they going to add an "online registration" and charge money for books and tuition for this "cannabis community college". It's not like the chat room is overly packed. If anything, get a new interface that's more friendly with more users. Oh well.

G

And I don't want to hear the "do you know how much it costs to run a site with this much traffic for free, you're getting it for free" deal. I've heard it at a ton of other communities, and I hate that excuse.

G

the reason 4 the 200 posts is too stop people joining ,coming straight in chat an trolling ,simple as that

G

I understand. Seems a little extreme to me, though. I mean...was it really that big of a problem?

alGrenDh

marimbas said:
in my opinion should be for the join date, or for members who have at least 2 months old... but next month we will have a chat floodroom...

I agree with you. Time not posts. I try not to say anything unless I have something to contribute to a thread. A min post count makes people post. However, it doesn't matter what they post, only that they made one.

If someones intent on making mischieve they will, i've seen some of the newest members from the OG fallout rack up more posts in a single day than I have in total. Still I should only be 2 away now :smile:

PureSativa420

ah this sucks as i love the chatroom and now i have to post even more to get in, bah another 2 weeks of posting to come before i can go back in and chat with some of the lovely people ive met in there oh well heres to another post!

G

I feel bad about making as many posts as I have in a little over a month(I think). Most of the time(with the exception of the recent threats where it's hard not to put in my 2 cents), I'll only post if it's helpful or if I have a question about something and can't find it by way of search. I wonder if there's any way to ask Gypsy if he'll let some guy he doesn't know with only 50-something posts into chat. Probably not. I love you guys anyway.

Edit: I guess I have 70 now. Sorry about the over posting. I decided to edit this one instead of making a new one. Conservation :wave:

Last edited:
G

this really sucks for me.. I am a longtime member.. no chat for me either...

Status
Not open for further replies.