What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mega 120k watt warehouse grow

CannaBunkerMan

Enormous Member
Veteran
Mad props man! No offense meant, but this thread would be 10x better if you invested in a $50 digital camera. 10x better than f'ing awesome is still f'ing awesomer.

J

juicepuddle

@ juicepuddle
thanks for the bigups, and keepn posted, im loving 2 share this.

No problem, its a privilege to get to see this kinda stuff whenever I get to. Really is a dream of mine haha, one day!

basically i chose the blackwater male by taking all (5!) of my BW males, cloning them all, keeping clones labeled to fathers, the clones with the best results came from the dad
i figure if all the dads look happy healthy vigourous, they are all carrying somewhat decent genetics, if the only thing i can learn about them is form propagation, then i pick the best propagator, hoping it will pass on it's easy to clone traits to the next generation, making the resulting mom good for production and mass propagation.
is that somewhat sound logic or a shot in the dark? its what i did with what i had one way or the other.

Everything you post is awesome, I love it! Very descriptive, very visual AND informative, also I like how you grew out clones from the dads and kept them labeled nicely, Ive seen people grow out dads and just use a visual test to decide the one they choose, I like this extra step with clones :)
@hold your fire
and as far as those aphids go.... they really never hit the buds, it was like they were happy just to live under a few leaves here n there, they never really attacked the plant or did damage, it was way ugly, waaaaay ugly, but i always saw the bugs, never saw any damage,
one of those problems the disturbs the grower more than the plant.
i think its cuz i was testing a foliar spray that was kinda fishy..... and they liked that, i think
ya halellujah no aphid nightmare stories
wave.gif

Haha, the aphids are like me, they are happy just to be seeing these fan leaves:laughing:

I think your on to something about the aphids affecting the grower more then the plant(In some cases), and theres wisdom in that imo, about how we might consider life to be gross or not worthy(Aphids) without really weighing the situation.

Peace :lurk:

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
ty again jp

as far as breeding goes, i kno it belongs someplace else on the forums, but...
aside from cloning males i dunno what to do
i can only flower one at a time to keep pollen sets different rite?
all the blackwater males look beautiful....

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
more & better pics

more & better pics

okely dokely, got some better pics of the mega to post, enjoy!
picture.php

lookn nice in the 3rd tent, all lights together, about 3 feet apart on all sides, w 6inch ducting, alsno note the lil white labels on every pot if u can see. every plant was labeled w strain and flip date at least, maybe even notes about medium mix (coco and promix hp, one or the other or a mix, always "amended" with 20% or so perlite)
picture.php

A lil fuzz on the close up, its still my celly camera, and not a fancy phone I tell you.
nice bud development is evident even thru the vaseline goggles... you can see the flowers ontop of flowers in this shot upclose, very nice. wish i could tell you the strain, but this pic was unlabeled, sorry.
picture.php

great shot of the room, giving an idea of the scope, 3 full rows of lights, 13 lights or so in each row. 7ish plants per light, 3 and 5 gallon containers mixed, (nursury sizes, not tru gallon sizes) you can see in the front row all the dif sized pots.
picture.php

so orange under the hps! you can see the yellow fly paper hanging in this shot, i was concerned from aphid outbreaks and some lil gnatty looking mofos, so we hung these and caught us some flys and such
picture.php

another shot showing some nice bud development, fuzzy still tho. im a better gardener than photographer.
this area is quarantine of plants that hermaphrodited, i wanted to separate them, let them finish isolated instead of axing them early at first sign of bananas.

picture.php

shot looking down on the canopy of buds, close to harvest, probably being flushed as the pic is taken, you can see leaves curling under a lil bit from over watering, but plants dry out fast from accelerated air circulation and exchange

picture.php

this is a shot of the far back of the 3rd tent, bottom right you can see the corner of a big metal industrial/commercial style (air king brand) fan, i cut the holes in each end of this tent and mounted a large fan
also count down 4 lights on the left side, and you see another large black airking fan, just pusing air above the canopy, creating that flow for exchange and circulation, i dont really believe its necessary to hit the plants w a flow of air, just moving around enough work, and these big metal 20" fans really push, even on setting 1 (low) they are almost to much for a 10x10 or 12x14 master bedroom grow
almost, but not really they are the only fans i use now, i got sick of plastic crap that doesnt really push.

picture.php

nice thick nugs in this pic, tried to get a closeup of the hawaiian, you can see the flypaper in this pic also.

picture.php

nite shots show how wet white and drippy these buds are w trichromes,
picture.php

buds ready to harvest along a drip line being fed automatically
you can see the door to the tent slightly open w. orange light comin in at the far end.
picture.php

another nite shot,
i believe this is mostly the Bruce banner #3, very kushy strain rezs strawberry cough x OGK nice strain, a lil touchy to the chem. nutrients we were using, being bred on organics (age old i believe). at the time the BruceBanner#3 was a big hype, def was a special wet gooey treat.

Now for a few pics of my fav strain, a cut i still hold to this day, this is a truly amazing cut

the Bubba Kush!!!

check these pics out:
picture.php

dark dark leaves from both cool temps at night (ac stays on for finishing) and cooler daytime temps as well (these plants were in the cool spot) as well as maturity.
believe it or not these leaves dont begin to change until after day 45 or so.
picture.php

lookat that color! and look and the wet white yumminess.
dark leaves at harvest and super triched Bubba Kush
picture.php

security system bank, totally necessary and comforting, but unheady compared to BK niteshots....

more very soon:wave:

J

juicepuddle

NICE! Oh man that room is BLOOMING BOOMIN!!! AHHHHHHHHH!!!! I am sitting here imagining having my own garden like that outdoors in a place filled with freedom, each day awaking to learn more about them as they grow and bloom, learning to take from them as they replenish themselves.

Sorry, but huge grows like this blow my mind haha, makes me wonder why there aren't forests of this.... oh yeah there are!

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
pics

pics

picture.php

nice sideways shot of a bud about week 4 against white side of plastic

picture.php
not a great shot, but this is the Cali Orange, real dense compact structure, but smallish buds overall, incredibly dense trichs, just white white white.

picture.php

2 diff. strains ready to harvest growing next to each other, probably bubba kush going purple next to some vanilla kush all green.

so now lets talk about fans
last post i was praising big metal air kings, like used in tent 3
here is a shot of tent 1, and u can see how many crappy plastic fans it takes to push nearly as much air as the big metal 20" air kings
picture.php

See all those plasic fans along the top rite of pic? all plastic room circulator fans. like the kind u would buy for granny if she called and said it was hot in her house in july. ya granny fans, big plastic square box fan on the floor in bottom right. these fans do almost nothing in a room this size.

Here is a kinda funny pic:
picture.php

the office is full of plants too!!!
obviously these plants look like they are in coco some with no perlite added (as a lil experiment) we had to arrange lil hallways in the plants to walk thru,
usually i would do some spraying for pest management when the plants were all out in the open like this, made it easy to hit many plants without going room to room. for pest management i rotated sprayings of Avid, Azamax, zero tolerance, and if i every actually saw a spider mite on a veg plant, we did have floramite sitting around to nuke them SOBs.

picture.php

another shot of the plants on the drip line, packed nice and dense w nice development around late week3 or week 4
you cant see it in this shot but some small inline 6" booster fans are located in the center of the line to keep air flowing thru the light fixtures. also a large 6 or 8 inch fan at the end of the line to pull air thru.
picture.php
re post of ano older smaller pic, but this is the veg,
plants come from cloning to this area. from clone they are transplanted into 1gal containers then placed under the high lights. after a few days the lights are lowered to about 18 to 20 inches from the plants, and about a week or so later they are ready to be transplanted again into the final flowering container, like the plants in the center of the shot in 5gals.

more soon

G

Guest 88950

damn, thats my kind of room.........i would have a hommock in there and never leave.

thx 4 sharing bro

Green Supreme

Veteran
Hey dude. Nice thread and grow. Just curious as to how far the lights are from the plants. Seems pretty far from the pics, especially for hooded and vented lights. Good luck. Peace GS

FunkBomb

Power Armor rules
Veteran
Now that is one hell of a monster grow and very inspirational. Keep up the good work.

-Funk

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Just curious as to how far the lights are from the plants. Seems pretty far from the pics, especially for hooded and vented lights. Peace GS

early in flower plants were a good 20" to 30" from the lites, but with initial flowering growth burst they became within 18" to 10" from the lights, and in some cases closer even. we def would still experience burning, even w all the hoods n vents. 8" ducting would have made all the diff.
also.
another maddening aspect of this was:
ten 3 was the "best designed" tent because all 3 rows of lights ran all together with halls all around the outside. but, all the lights in tent3 are hung with not quite enough chain to get the lights close enough to the plants sitting on the floor. its one of those things like the electric, if its done wrong in the beginning, its just wrong forever then n u have to deal w it.
ok
end rant
so ya
plants def could have been closer to lights, and ultimately my solution to short chains hanging lites was to run larger plants and bigger stretchier strains in that tent, and lo n behold yields went up.
if i could do it all again? ample chain for lowering and raising lites, and 8" ducting on all hoods.

G

Guest 88950

Avinash

not sure if you are using YOYO'S for raising and lowering the lights but they may not support that much weight.

Cam Cleet's are used on sail boats and designed to remain under a constant load and to raise you lights just pull the rope / cable and once released the cam clamps the rope preventing it from slipping.

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
nope no yoyos but those are a great gadget!
twas all chains in the mega
leme spend a moment telling about "construction" of the tents in the mega
if you really look at the pics its obvious
its a skeleton of white PVC plastic pipes. not always as strong and stable as we would like, but just strong n stable enough to do the trick. even the top (roof) had a cross hatch design of PVC over it in order to hang lites and fans from the ceiling. what holds the PVC in place on top of the structure? from sliding and moving? and possibly falling?
zip ties.
and what is draped over the tents to prevent light leaks? not panda plastic that comes in 10'x100' rolls, but blue tarps, that arent entirely light proof and come in only like 24x 36 feet sections, causing gaps and light leaks every now and then.... nightmare. so then over the tarps some one put black plastic over the tarps for real light proofing.
for 1$ a foot we could have used panda plastic it would be done right the first time, then no-one has to think about it ever again. no fixn gaps n lite leaks.
all in all a decent design, but cheaping out on things like 2short of chains for lite hangning, and blue tarps for walls instead of panda film (or mylar or mylar coated foamboard ) show that a decent builder planned and designed the tents. but not a grower, no experience in the execution of little things that are no-brainers for a grower or any1 who has read a book or a few stickies on here.
end rant

BIGGS

Veteran
loving your setup bro, bet you must have to put a hell of a lot of work in to keep things in check.

G

Guest 88950

your more a Do-er, learning things by first hand expierence rather than reading.

no worries.....i saw the blue tarps and pvc but Fck it..........your rocking 120k watts. :bigeye:

ill trade you my very nice dr120 w/1200 watts for your blue tarp pvc DIY 20k watt tent.......oh, and its contents (the hairum of girls). :biggrin:

mpd

Lammen Gorthaur
Veteran
Damn MPD,
did u just call this a hobby grow?
its all pro buddy!

Sales and distribution.... why u want some? its all took care of in the safest way possible, this is like the electrical bill
im not gonna speak on it, it all gets paid or paid for, and so long as that happens everyone stays safe n happy
yes keeping helpers down to a minimum of extremely trustworthy, responsible, dedicated, PASSIONATE, and most importantly knowledgable and experienced people.

2nd question i think is answered by not asnwering already
as far as usage is concerned, the biggest issue for me was water waste from the RO machine,
i hated to think that for every gallon i used almost 2 was running down the drain as waste from the RO
so we switched to just a very good filter, and ive noticed no difference from the plants point of view, and it makes me feel better not wasting water.
i dunno wtf dudley dooright is doing and i don't care, and i expect the same from them

thanks for the interest MPD!:wave::thank you:

My reference to "hobby grow" was purely jest. This is one of the larger indoor farming operations I have ever seen and I started to think about business possibilities, but distribution and sales would be the very first issue that would have to be conquered and it would have to be dealt with in a way that keeps the farming side completely removed from the distribution program, but in a way that would limit the downside security risk. You know what I mean, Vern? I was looking for some guidance on this as the world is replete with busted operations where security got out of hand or the parties involved ended up getting sloppy because someone decided they wanted something they weren't entitled to have or something like that. My current business (senior housing consulting) isn't going too swell so I am giving consideration to other possible ventures and your input would be welcome.

I don't know about you, but I'm holding out for whirled peas.
:thank you: