What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

I see a seed order in my future...advice please

jimbo420

I am months from beginning my first grow project. I have been learning soooo much here. I have my mind set on a stealth cab set up big enough for 2-3 plants. I am still on the fence with whether to go soil or a DWC hydro setup.

I have been trying to decided on the best strains to start with. I think I am leaning towards a Hybrid for sure and a Sativa strain. I want a high for what mode I am in. If the wife and I are leaving the house to watch a great visual/sound movie I want something that is energetic and stimulating yet enhances my mood all while enlightening my visual experience as well..I know, a lot to ask.

Then I want a stoney head comfortable long lasting couch high. I know that would lean me towards a Indica but I was hoping more for a Hybrid on this one.

Now size is a factor. Remember this will be a indoor cab grow. I can make my cab whatever size I like but I don't want it too big and ridiculously "un-cabinet like"...after all it is supposed to be stealth.

So any comments and advice is greatly appreciated.

:thank you:

B. Friendly

"IBIUBU" Sayeith the Dude
Veteran
I have these on my mind
Purple haze x thai by ace
original haze by flying Dutchman
Kali mist by serious seeds
Deep chunk by tom hill
Black Widow mr. Nice
Napalese hash plant by htc
Amnesia haze by soma seeds

Hazy Lady

Prom Night Dumpster Baby
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Any one of these Mango Haze or Nevilles Haze - MNS, Haze - Tom Hill, for your music and movie enhancer.
Super Silver Haze - MNS for your hybrid couchy/heady mix

The Phoenix

Risen From The Ashes
Veteran
Well unless you buy feminized seeds you'll have to deal with the possibility of finding male plants in you 2-3 plant cab.

If you can deal with that, the I would suggest a nice Cindy 99 hybrid such as Killer Queen Redux from Dutchgrown Seeds for your stimulating high, and BOG Sour Bubble for a nice couch experience.

jimbo420

Wow guys, this break a record for least amount of time up before I received and answer! Much love my friends much love. :tiphat:

Thankyou The Phoenix and Hazy Lady for breaking down the types.

B. Friendly: that's one hell of a great looking list. Any way you could split them in to groups for me...pa..pa..palease!

jimbo420

Well unless you buy feminized seeds you'll have to deal with the possibility of finding male plants in you 2-3 plant cab.

If you can deal with that, the I would suggest a nice Cindy 99 hybrid such as Killer Queen Redux from Dutchgrown Seeds for your stimulating high, and BOG Sour Bubble for a nice couch experience.

I haven't searched too many seedbanks yet, but are you telling me only certain strains are available feminized? Because feminized would be my choice. Not sure I am patient enough to take the risk of growing a clone to see if she's a he!

The Phoenix

Risen From The Ashes
Veteran
I haven't searched too many seedbanks yet, but are you telling me only certain strains are available feminized? Because feminized would be my choice. Not sure I am patient enough to take the risk of growing a clone to see if she's a he!

Yeah, you'll have alot of research to do since this is your first grow. The ones I first metioned will not be in feminized form.

You might just want to start out with a good quality feminised seed for your situation, and I dont normally recommend feminized seeds. Maybe a Greenhouse Super Lemon Haze for the stimulating high, and a Serious Seeds White Russian or AK47 Fem for the other end of the spectrum. These should be fairly easy to grow and get your feet wet with for your cab.

IWanaGetHiSoHi

I'm wondering how many of you have actually grown Thais and Haze/Haze Crosses in a semi-stealth cabinet ... and how much time you spent tying them down. In all honesty there's 4 or 5 realistic options listed and very few of the total #s seem to be available ATM. Here's the Initials of what's listed that I feel might work in your future cabinet ... BW(questionable-I've had a few lanky widows from Shanti and GH), WR squared (Rhino or Russian), DC, KQ Redux and last but certainly not least SB. And to add a few (not wanting to be the guy who kinda bagged on ideas without contributing) X18, Blue Moon Rocks, Mountain Jam, and Anything that is Apollo or Cindy.

The Phoenix

Risen From The Ashes
Veteran
I'm wondering how many of you have actually grown Thais and Haze/Haze Crosses in a semi-stealth cabinet ... and how much time you spent tying them down.

I have grown them in 6 foot cabs with short veg and minor training with success.

He probably wants feminized seed though and that does not leave much choice for a stimulating high feminized plant that will grow easy in a stealth cab. Best to find the shortest flowering period strain that will produce that effect and match it with an Indica with the same relative flowering period IMO.

S

soapman

I am months from beginning my first grow project. I have been learning soooo much here. I have my mind set on a stealth cab set up big enough for 2-3 plants. I am still on the fence with whether to go soil or a DWC hydro setup.

I have been trying to decided on the best strains to start with. I think I am leaning towards a Hybrid for sure and a Sativa strain. I want a high for what mode I am in. If the wife and I are leaving the house to watch a great visual/sound movie I want something that is energetic and stimulating yet enhances my mood all while enlightening my visual experience as well..I know, a lot to ask.

Then I want a stoney head comfortable long lasting couch high. I know that would lean me towards a Indica but I was hoping more for a Hybrid on this one.

Now size is a factor. Remember this will be a indoor cab grow. I can make my cab whatever size I like but I don't want it too big and ridiculously "un-cabinet like"...after all it is supposed to be stealth.

So any comments and advice is greatly appreciated.

:thank you:

I had a pretty good combo of strains for my first grow. My initial intentions for that grow was to only grow GH lemon skunk. The lemon skunk was awesome it really made music come alive for me. It'd recommend it, at least one grow of it.

Personally, Keep in mind I started with hydro (dwc). Personally, I would learn soil first....DWC is...well extremely easy...I could literally teach a chimp how to grow weed for me, if he could only read a PH meter. But lately I've been wanting do a good organic soil grow, nothin like organically grown bud...just like organic foods, it's just better. So coming from a hydro guy, I'd try out the soil, just so you know how to do it, learning DWC takes like an hour tops. I barely use my meters anymore, unless I'm correcting water for add back.

Last edited by a moderator:

jimbo420

Yeah, you'll have alot of research to do since this is your first grow. The ones I first metioned will not be in feminized form.

You might just want to start out with a good quality feminised seed for your situation, and I dont normally recommend feminized seeds. Maybe a Greenhouse Super Lemon Haze for the stimulating high, and a Serious Seeds White Russian or AK47 Fem for the other end of the spectrum. These should be fairly easy to grow and get your feet wet with for your cab.

Thanks Phoenix,

Curious, why don't you usually recommend feminized seeds?

jimbo420

I'm wondering how many of you have actually grown Thais and Haze/Haze Crosses in a semi-stealth cabinet ... and how much time you spent tying them down. In all honesty there's 4 or 5 realistic options listed and very few of the total #s seem to be available ATM. Here's the Initials of what's listed that I feel might work in your future cabinet ... BW(questionable-I've had a few lanky widows from Shanti and GH), WR squared (Rhino or Russian), DC, KQ Redux and last but certainly not least SB. And to add a few (not wanting to be the guy who kinda bagged on ideas without contributing) X18, Blue Moon Rocks, Mountain Jam, and Anything that is Apollo or Cindy.

Your opinions are definately in consideration; Thanks!

igrowone

Veteran
for the 1st grow, don't overlook the old standby for new growers, northern lights
it's a good, strong indica, low on the strong weed smell, and will grow well even with mistakes

The Phoenix

Risen From The Ashes
Veteran
Thanks Phoenix,

Curious, why don't you usually recommend feminized seeds?

My experience with fem seeds many years ago was a mixed bag of success, so I stayed clear of recommending them for new growers who need the best experience on the first grow to get them off to a good start.

It appears that the process of creating feminized seeds has improved in the last couple years. Perhaps the breeders are finding the right strains or process for improved quality. Greenhouse Seeds is banking there entire seed line on fems, and now Serious Seeds is selling fems, so maybe it's time to start working some of these into the garden for testing.

jimbo420

for the 1st grow, don't overlook the old standby for new growers, northern lights
it's a good, strong indica, low on the strong weed smell, and will grow well even with mistakes

Yes I have been looking at possibly Northern Lights. I actually have some (so he says) in my stash right now. Of course this is what I trying to avoid buy harvesting my own; no more not knowing what I am smoking. I do really want a Sativa strain for it's know appeal.

Thanks for the advice. :thank you:

osoloco69

I would go for the X18 or deep chunk for the indica. Bogglegum was a very generic, go nowhere, plateaued, mediocre high. It didn't encompass the indica feel as much as the Tom Hill strains. I also like Mr. Nice La Nina for a good easy to grow Sativa that likes to be scrog'd.