What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Good Karma Growers Cannabis Cup

DoobieDuck

ICMag Donor
Veteran
A cannabis cup event was held by IC member justalilrowdy of Good Karma Growers in Lucerne CA. on April 11th 2010. Entries were accepted from certified medical marijuana patients from as far away as Susanville Ca. This thread will contain the results of the private judging of the strains entered as well as much information we can provide about those strains as it trickles in durring the next couple days. The judges were given sample meds to take home and evaluate at their convinience.

The event thread with info on how well it was received is here:Farmers Market for Clones in Clear Lake.
Good Karma Growers is here: Good Karma Growers

Edit:
It was bigger than expected and it was a packed house! We had to turn away some people as we were at our maximum capacity and will plan our next event.. JULY 4th with larger accomodations!
Everyone get to work on those samples and lets hear some reports. Be sure to call into the club or e-mail me at manager@goodkarmagrowers.com BY FRIDAY NOON with your number and your vote! We will announce the winners Friday evening on the website and here in this thread!
Good Luck to everyone and may the best medicine win!! :bis:

Here is a list of strains and growers, if you were entered please, if you can, post any strain info or genetics so we can discuss these, thread is open for discussion..thanks for your patientce DD
Indoor!
Blue Night........... frikn squirrel
Master Kush......... K.S.
Orange Diesel....... K.S.
D.D. Malawi...........DoobieDuck
White Russian....... Phatsesh
Chem Dawg.......... Rob
S.S. Haze............ BM-504
Sour Diesel........... BM-504
Platinum Purps....... GreenLion
Cotton Candy........ turtlefarmer

Outdoor!
Gob-9.. ..................Left Coast Growers
NYC Diesel.............. Prophet
Kosmic Kush............ Left Coast Growers

Hash Bash!
G.K. Bubble............. TheJointedOnel
Master Kush............. K.S.
OO Bubble.. .............Prophet
HumbleHash............. Humble1
CaliColi Hash............. CaliColi06
Rob Hash.................. Rob
Prophet Hash..............UnkwnProphet
Cannacopia Lapis Kief.. DoobieDuck

If we missed you for any reason please forward your info and I'll get it posted....

Last edited:

DoobieDuck

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Doobies Entries...

Doobies Entries...

Here is a little info on my entries..good luck everyone..I'm so sorry I missed so many of you and the event..I'll be back in July..great show and event Justalilrowdy..Good karma for sure...thanks for everything. DD

DoobieDuck Malawi is: Afropips Malawi Gold X Head Seeds (Mass Super Skunk x Sour Bubble)
Malawi Gold Breader pack from Seedbay Afropips landrace Malawai Gold
Heads Mass Super Skunk x Sour Bubble=
Sour Bubble = [WL Bubblegum X WL Bubblegum] X [WL Bubblegum X WL Bubblegum]x Super Skunk = Afghani x Skunk #1
Grow thread here: Malawi Cross
Pixels here: The Sweet Spot

My hash was made from Cannacopis Lapis Indica, the Kief thread is here: Lapis Kief
Lapis Images Here
Description from the web:
Lapis Mountain Indica
This is a hybrid of two pure Afghan populations. The ‘Pure Afghan’ seeds were obtained by a private contractor while doing soils research in Afghanistan. The seeds were collected directly from a hashish farmer, and smuggled back for us to look through. We found the plants to be relatively stable, but we wanted a slightly earlier selection so we crossed the best females with our select Deep Chunk pollen, to add some genetic diversity and western improved characteristics, all the while keeping the line true to its afghan heritage. The flavour from these plants is unmistakably classic Afghan, with a slightly increased yield over the ‘Pure Afghan’ inbred line. Our selected mothers produced some of the nicest black hashish we’ve ever made, reminiscent of the finest Afghani black hash of the early 70’s. When asked about the specific region, all our friend could tell us that the seeds came from a small village close to what his company deemed the largest untapped Lapis deposit in the country, thus the name Lapis Mountain Indica. Yield is average (300-400 g/ sq m).
Indoor flowering: 8-9 Weeks

Last edited:

justalilrowdy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ok I have tried to make a complete list of the entries on the events page of Good Karma's website... been testing a few and Mama Mia!!... is there some screamin medicine in that little pkg! I'm lovin the Blue Night.. I've only tested a few buds but cant wait to taste the rest of these yummy looking nugs.
Thanks to everyone who participated and I look forward to seeing everyone's comments.

nobull56

ICMag Donor
DD sorry we missed you & we're looking forward to seeing your eyeballs.
Left Coast has not been able to get her ICmag up & running yet, so we will ride together here.
We arrived late so you may not have received a outdoor entry by Nobull called ‘Cosmic Kush’.
Rowdy please save anyone that missed it some & I’ll get you some more.

Now for the Cosmic Kush story.

Years back I was gifted seeds bread by a breeder named ‘Sativa Twister’ Called ‘Cosmic Nights’. Cosmic Nights was id as ‘Sensi Star’ X ‘Northern Lights’ (I don't know what NL). All the Cosmic Nights were identical girls that had the most pain relief medical properties we’ve ever partaken of.
We crossed the Cosmic Nights with four different breeds & choose the ‘Hindu Kush’ bread by ‘Nirvana’ as the best medical strain cross. Hopping to give credit to the breeds used, we named this cross the ‘Cosmic Kush’ = Cosmic Nights fem X Hindu Kush male.
This is a green outdoor type affecting most folks with light head activity & fair pain relief.
2009 was the last harvest from this girl as we bread her back to Northern Lights #5 (& a couple of other breeds).

Sorry for the rant, it the 504 Supper Silver Haze I just tested, I mean tasted ++++

PS
don't know if this will work but here is a link to bad photos of a great bag http://www.icmag.com/ic/album.php?albumid=17146

If you have trouble it's in my photos & it's open to veiw.

Last edited:
Blue Night is kryptonite x blue dragon. The clone was gifted to me, I did not breed it. Blue dragon is blueberry x (g13xhashplant). I believe kryptonite is a norcal bred strain... don't know much else about it. Anyone else?

The buds submitted to the cup were grown in supersoil, only given water throughout their grow. They were harvested at 62 days and jar cured for 3 months. Umm... if anybody wants to know anything else I would be happy to answer ?s

How are we suppose to do the judging? Do we do a smoke report for each strain? Just comment on certain aspects of certain strains we liked? I'd love to get started reviewing strains... maybe an example would be helpful. All of the bud is spectacular. I especially like the Chem, Sour D, Platinum Purp... and the Cotton Candy is so tasty!

DoobieDuck

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Uh, do we judge by Indica/Sativa, indoor/ooutdoor ?
Prepress I heard from Rowdy on this, please judge by indoor/outdoor. I think all smoke reports are more than welcome, med reports as well. Nobull sorry we missed you, thanks for posting your info. Frikn squirrel..a big welcome to you to IC Mag..thanks for what information you have. Kryptonite is a breeder and I'm not sure if a strain, he had many. Justalilrowdy had the vote set up so judges either call her or email her with thier picks by Friday! But please comment here, I think we are open to all aspects of every strain, and your reports of each is encouraged. Thanks everyone..DD

Last edited:

justalilrowdy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
TO CAST YOUR VOTE FOR YOUR FAVORITE MEDICINE PLEASE CALL US AT THE CLUB BY NOON ON FRIDAY WITH YOUR TICKET NUMBER!
Indoor, Outdoor & Hash Catagories!
WE WILL ANOUNCE THE WINNERS FRIDAY EVENING ON THE WEBSITE AND ON THIS THREAD!

BM-504

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Here is the info about what my entries are.

The Sour D is the "peach" from a pack of Reservoir Seeds Sour Diesel bx1.5 to bad all I had was the little buds from a runt plant to enter this time. I have to chop tomorrow so maybe I'll take a pic tonight to show the bomber nuggs. Wish I had DD's skills with the camera though. Old SDbx1.5 pic from my gallery
10278SDBx1_5.jpg

The Super Silver Haze is from Shanti/Mr Nice. I only germed half the pack so that female was what I thought was the best out of the 10 beans, I still have about 8-9 beans left so maybe I'll run those and have something else for the next Cup. Enjoy the smoke!
picture.php

Stay safe
BM

phatsesh

my russian was a gift from a old grower dude and he said its a white AK didnt say 47 though. gave it to me sayed 5 others posses it and some other stuff nothing really pertinant. i think maybe he meant a white afghan kush, cause shes sugar coated and very afghan dominate.

one day a couple buddies were having a session and asked what it was, i sayed white ak and he said white russian, another buddy said "The Russian" and thats kinda what we called her since. so i guess its funny shes not labeled cause she is kind of a jane doe because she doesnt resemble any white russian ive ever smoked.

Attachments

• 101_0594.jpg
    101_0594.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 21
  • 101_0595.jpg
    101_0595.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 14
G

GreenLion

Really liked that sour d BM-504! Loving smoking all these different kinds from different growers.

Found two seeds! One in Orange Diesel n the other in a nug rowdy gave me at the cup of Orange Crush. Wonder what they are?

KGB47

"It's just a flesh wound"
Veteran
Here is a little info on my entries..good luck everyone..I'm so sorry I missed so many of you and the event..I'll be back in July..great show and event

My hash was made from Cannacopis Lapis Indica, the Kief thread is here: Lapis Kief
Lapis Images Here
Description from the web:
Lapis Mountain Indica
This is a hybrid of two pure Afghan populations. The ‘Pure Afghan’ seeds were obtained by a private contractor while doing soils research in Afghanistan. The seeds were collected directly from a hashish farmer, and smuggled back for us to look through. We found the plants to be relatively stable, but we wanted a slightly earlier selection so we crossed the best females with our select Deep Chunk pollen, to add some genetic diversity and western improved characteristics, all the while keeping the line true to its afghan heritage. The flavour from these plants is unmistakably classic Afghan, with a slightly increased yield over the ‘Pure Afghan’ inbred line. Our selected mothers produced some of the nicest black hashish we’ve ever made, reminiscent of the finest Afghani black hash of the early 70’s. When asked about the specific region, all our friend could tell us that the seeds came from a small village close to what his company deemed the largest untapped Lapis deposit in the country, thus the name Lapis Mountain Indica. Yield is average (300-400 g/ sq m).
Indoor flowering: 8-9 Weeks

DD, will you be offering any select clones of the Lapis Indica to the Good Karma dispensary any time soon, if ever? As a medical patient it sounds just about perfect for my needs.

DoobieDuck

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Bonus Time..

Bonus Time..

Anyone finding any seeds in my Malawi Cross..there are some, and the males used were Rez Strawberry Cough Kush and Nugget Shiners Golden Cindy. Good luck and please post if you grow them out.
DD, will you be offering any select clones of the Lapis Indica to the Good Karma dispensary any time soon, if ever? As a medical patient it sounds just about perfect for my needs.
KGB I have a female of Lapis finishing now. I am going to try and re-veg her, and if that is sucsessful, I can provide Rowdy with some clones. I also crossed Lapis with Casey Jones so, again.. if that is sucsessful, I may have an interesting mix going there. It's all fun...DD

KGB47

"It's just a flesh wound"
Veteran
KGB I have a female of Lapis finishing now. I am going to try and re-veg her, and if that is sucsessful, I can provide Rowdy with some clones. I also crossed Lapis with Casey Jones so, again.. if that is sucsessful, I may have an interesting mix going there. It's all fun...DD

A Lapis x Casey Jones cross!!?? I'll set some time aside for being completely zonked out...:smoky:

Good to hear DD, thank you for the heads up :)

G

GreenLion

Platinum Purps

Platinum Purps

Platinum Purps is a select pheno that came from 4 Purple Erkle x Sour D v3 seeds that I grew in 08'. The seeds were made by "GoFertz". I love this cut i found, cus I hate growing erkle, with it's slow growth, low yeild, larf city and bud rot. But love the herb..
IMO this cut is erkle with a facelift so to say. Fast growth, yeilds VERY well, sour d bud profile opened up the erkle bud profile just enough to prevent bud rot. Little to no larf, cus of the longer stem spacing of sour d..just nuggets all the way down. Hands down the easiest strain i've ever trimmed.. I do most my trimming myself, so thats a big plus for me. All this in a quick 50 days of flowering.
Smoke wise it has the grapey erkle taste but with a slight diesel sharpness to it, very stoney too imo...But i'll let you all be the judge of that.

Platinum Purps close up:
picture.php

Platinum Purps n Blue Dream:
picture.php