What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Curious about leaf blades

Hello everybody. I am 16 days into flowering and I have noticed the the leaves around the budsites at the nodes are starting to have only 3 blades, I think it looks really cool. It went from having 7 to 3. Is this a common trait? Thanks.

FreezerBoy

Was blind but now IC Puckbunny in Training
Veteran
Perfectly normal. They start with 1, then 3, then 5, etc. Once flowering starts, they decrease until you're back to one.

ithinkiam

Aw, neat! My plants will begin flowering soon; I am excited. Mine have gotten up to 9 points on their leaves. lol I've even seen a few lower leaves with even numbered points. LOL Seems like they were anxious to grow up! ^_^

Biatchzxz

Where am I?
Veteran
It a beautiful thing how mother nature works. Yeah I've seen huge fan leaves 11 leafers such a pretty plant. Then when in flowering the blades get back 3s 5s. But I love it like we all do. Good luck on your journey