What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

golden lao

P

ptg

I thought i could share my attempt to grow a south-east asian sativa comin straight from laos to my closet...thanks RSC!

Set up is a hps 600w,plant is in plagron grow mix,15 litres container,at 16 weeks of flowering:

picture.php

Peace!

1000ARMSofKALI

great job and iincredidbly healthy looking plant, sexy sativa diva! keep it up bro!!

fantastic budstructure and resin content is very nice too...after right curing it will be some bomb smoke...

thx for sharing...im happy with you sativa bro...

kali

H

HeryRhom

Salut Panta :) Pure pleasure to contemplate this Lao's genetic! great work :ying:

...think of future landrace crosses? :)

P

ptg

Thanks everybody!:yes:

Obviously this is a cut,selected from 6 girl last summer...the previous grow was aborted at early/mid flowering,so i don't know the exact flowering time of the cut.I choose this one mainly because of her structure and resin prod.Some produce bigger buds but not so frosty.They all smelled similar to ethiopian or some haze hydrid,something like a metallic/pine/incense smell.

After nine weeks of 12/12,four of 11/13,she's now at 10/14 for approx. three weeks...Should i tell you that things are getting harder,i really hope she'll not be too long because she's not so healthy...this is the first time i have a so slow plant,until now my longer one was a haze hydrid that i chopped at 16 w of 12/12 from seeds...:whistling:

Anyway i'm quite glad of myself,even if i don't drive her perfectly( you can see the brown spots on the leaves and the burnt/dead tips).:dance013:

Peace!

SuperConductor

Veteran
She's looking lovely dude. Leaf spotting could be slight calcium deficiency perhaps? Tips could be either too much N (burnt/brown tips) or not enough P (dead/grey tips).

It's really difficult to get the ratios right with these girls as feed and soils aren't really made for these types of extreme sativa but I think this is one of the best looking girls I've seen for a while, lovely resin :watchplant:

P

ptg

Thanks bro for your input!

Well it's possible for the calcium as i had some issues with root temp...i sorted it out with a warming cable(since one week),i believe it 'll work well.

Don't think it's too much N cause they don't really seems to be burnt...while P is a good idea cause the tips seems white/yellow,but they roll themselves up...i'm quite bad at the reading game,will try to get a better pic of the damage ASAP!

lynx

Hi panta :wave:

I think she looks look great for 16 weeks, and I don't think the tip burn is a big issue. I also think it's very hard to find the cause, - I've had that effect from hot soil after transplant, and also from feeding stuff like Plagron Alga-Bloom. Did you feed them anything recently? Another cause could be low ph, sometimes soil drops in ph over time. Do you know the ph of the medium? From what I understand, low ph (in soil) could also reduce availability of calcium and phosphorus. See http://soils.tfrec.wsu.edu/mg/chemical.htm and http://ag.arizona.edu/pubs/garden/mg/soils/ph.html.

But, again, she looks lovely :respect:

peace & love,
lynx

P

ptg

Hello lynx!

Well,there is a long time since last transplant,but i recently gave her a bit of feed(half-dose)...guess what...with the prod you're speaking about lol...maybe it's that,but i have to test my run-off ph too.

Here are some more pics of the damage,all input are welcome!

lynx

Well,there is a long time since last transplant,but i recently gave her a bit of feed(half-dose)...guess what...with the prod you're speaking about lol...
Hm, I think that's it then... I remember asking people on the Vibes, and several had had the same experience, so if it appeared a day or two after feeding... Check the pic of my South Indian...

Attachments

• SI1C_tips.jpg
    SI1C_tips.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 45
P

ptg

Yeah,it really look similar...although i should say that leaves tips are clearer for real than in the pics...well,the hunt for the supreme sativa feeding prod is opened...:biggrin:

Do you think a little flush could be beneficial?

sondeos

very nice that sativa, good thread and great pictures ptg. vere pasare greetings and the preciousness of yours.:smokeit:

paulo73

Convicted for turning dreams into reality
Veteran
Gorgeous Sativa PGT!
Keep them coming i do respect the one that wait for a special sativa.
Peace

P

ptg

Thanks for your kind words Sondeos and Paulo!:yes:

Here is another pic,i found it cool!
picture.php