What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Seeds on feminized plants

Melamarcia1975

I found some seeds on some buds of my plants which originated from feminized seeds.
I am not an expert of weed genetics I am wondering if I can use these seeds or is the risk of hermies pretty High?

mack 10

Veteran
If your plants pollinated themselves to start with , I would guess the progeny(children)
Will be Hermie too.
Not the best place to start.

OldSSSCGuy

If you make babies from those seeds they will be hermi too -bad mojo. Better to finish them and start fresh with another strain.

OldSSSCGuy

My perspective has always been that female hermie plants come from damaged genetics, female plants via STS come from manipulated genetics.

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
When I used male pollen on a feminized plant, things would be different. I have kept a Fem plant more stable by pollenating pre-flowers with true male pollen. The off spring will be a little less lightly revert back into a hermie too.
Feminized plants that have female pollen can produce some of the best weed and when used on a Regular females the results are spectacular. I think female pollen can be used and should be valued more. The best thing about using Feminized is the gender is already known.

Melamarcia1975

I forgot to mention one thing the male flowers were on the branch which was subjected to extremely high stress call it almost broke down the point nonetheless it stayed alive and there are just a few seeds

Bio boy

Rodalisation. Doeant mean hermie. Every canabis has herm as self defence.

It doesnt mean the hermie gene was stimulated he indused high stress end of flower to force survival teq an approach many breeders use at times. Thats a stressed pla t produced male female to relroduce before she died them seeds are fem.

Along as the stress wasnt a mild induced which soubds like it wasnt it was trying to save that 1 arm

There fore u wont be inducing such stress again on purpose cause u k ow her self defence will kick in if u snap her branches off ofc.

Alot of strains breed strong this gorillaGlue 4 for instance is a known easy as hermie but eveyone still goes for it

The trait may be ther3 but under extreme stress is a good sign not just randomly appearing. 1 part of the plant and the rest is fine.... Id say thats a strong trait the whole pla ts cuda gone
The Rodelization method is arguably the simplest and most natural way for you to feminized cannabis seeds because it does not involve using chemicals or external factors that can be harmful or even dangerous to your health in the long run. As such, you may want to use a more natural yet a bit less reliable way to make your feminized cannabis seeds.
The premise seems pretty simple. Female cannabis plants can turn into hermaphrodites and will develop pollen sacs that are supposedly exclusive to male marijuana. This usually happens when you leave them in their flowering phase longer than needed. The reason for this is that the female plant is trying to impregnate itself to produce seeds.
However, that is not always a bad thing. You can actually collect these pollen sacs from the hermaphrodites and use them to manually pollinate your chosen female plants. Seeds that are produced this way will most likely turn out to be feminized seeds because of the very fact that they both come from female parents.
There are a few issues using this method. The first is that you are banking on hermaphroditism, which usually does not always happen especially now that a lot of producers of feminized cannabis seeds try to minimize hermaphroditism from happening. And if hermaphrodites do not sprout out, there is no other way for you to produce feminized seeds if you are merely relying on the Rodelization method.
Another issue you need to know is that using feminized cannabis seeds that were produced using this method have higher chances to become hermaphrodites themselves because they have the genetic attributes of hermaphrodites.