What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Tropical Mix & Panama x Bangi Haze

Kissgardens

Hi All,

I currently have a Tropical Mix and a Panama x Bangi Haze rocking the flower tent. The Tropical Mix is from Feb of 2018.

The Tropical Mix, whoever she is, stretched like crazy the first 3 weeks of flower. Forgot which one of you in this Ace forum talks about running 4 main branches on their sativa's, but I have moved this direct and like the easy use of management. I was able to contain her by doing a bunch of LST and the 4 main branches are mainly very vertical now. I am assuming a net would help a bunch but training with just garden rope is easy enough for me. After that early stretch, the bud sites have been pretty close together. I have a feeling if I had the height to just let them grow upwards, I would have had some mini bats. Some of the lower fan leafs are starting to turn a bit yellow. I am hoping (let me know if this sounds reasonable) that she was just stealing nutrients from the lowers because the top was growing so quickly it couldn't pull enough nutrients from soil? Either way, the tops look nice and green. I did add a bit of vermicompost just in case my theory was wrong. After 5 weeks of flower, she now controls about 2/3rd of my small (3x3) flower tent. Not bad size for a little 1 cf of "living soil" DYI SIP. Well, as living soil as I can get with that small of a container. Anyways, here she is at week 5 of flower. Those thin leafs at the top of the flower sites and those big fan leafs at the bottom. :yummy: My current guess is she is a Malawi x Panama. Once she gets further into flower, be curious to see what you all think she is.

The Panama x Bangi Haze is in week 3 of flower. Her stretch was much much much more manageable. Based on my small sample of running Panama and Bangi Haze, Panama normally stretches a bit more and Bangi Haze is a bit less in the stretch. I would say, Bangi Haze has been the least amount of stretch I have had from the Ace Sativa lineup. I think Panama x Bangi Haze is a nice middle ground for the stretch. Panama x Bangi Haze is in the same type of 1 cf DYI SIP and was also trained to have 4 main branches going into flower. She is just about to put out some flowers. The pictures I originally took did not have the whole plant in focus so I will try taking some more later this week and get them posted.

Puff Puff Pass,

KissGardens

Attachments

• 2020-08-25 Trop 03.jpg
    2020-08-25 Trop 03.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 36
  • 2020-08-25 Trop 02.jpg
    2020-08-25 Trop 02.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 36
  • 2020-08-25 Trop 01.jpg
    2020-08-25 Trop 01.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 35

Kissgardens

A quick update.

This Panama x Bangi Haze is starting to produce some decent size flowers at week 4. The stretch level in these are about perfect. Enough stretch to fill in the space but does not need crazy amount of training. I topped the plant and trained for 4 main stems. You can see 3 in this picture and there is a 4th hidden in the maze of the tropical mix plant.

The Tropical mix one is still looking good at the end of week 6.

Attachments

• 2020-08-30 Trop 01.jpg
    2020-08-30 Trop 01.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 33
  • 2020-09-03 Panama bangi Haze crop.jpg
    2020-09-03 Panama bangi Haze crop.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 37

Kissgardens

Quick update:

Panama x Bangi Haze is looking fantastic at the end of week 5. She is starting to get pretty pungent as soon as I open the tent the aromas blast me in the face.

Here are a couple pics.

The tropical mix is still rocking and rolling. I could not get a good pic that had what I wanted in focus but she is starting to plump up nicely. I will try grabbing some pics this weekend.

Attachments

• 2020-09-09 Panama Bangi Haze 03 (2).jpg
    2020-09-09 Panama Bangi Haze 03 (2).jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 36
  • 2020-09-09 Panama Bangi Haze 02.jpg
    2020-09-09 Panama Bangi Haze 02.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 34

Kissgardens

Panama x Bangi at the middle of week 6. I let the right branch grow a bit to close to the light and bleached the top a bit. Left one is rocking fine. I moved the light so it is back to being 12 inches away. Curious to see what happens to the top now.

Tropical mix is at middle of week 8. She is starting to show some weight. Being in the back of the tent and controlling like 2/3 of the tent, it is hard to get a good picture of her. My camera just wants to focus on the walls but I am trying to figure out a reasonable setting and will keep playing with the camera. Who knew, growing would turn me into researching how cameras work.... I am hoping she goes less than 12 full weeks.

Attachments

• 2020-09-15 Panama Bangi Haze 2.jpg
    2020-09-15 Panama Bangi Haze 2.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 30
  • 2020-09-15 Trop .jpg
    2020-09-15 Trop .jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 29

Kissgardens

Looking great Kissgardens! The mystery of the tropical mix seems fun!

I start one from time to time as a nice change of pace. Plus, causes me to scan through threads trying to figure out what it is and hopefully trying stuff I just haven't got to grow yet. I still think this lady looks like KJB's posts in the Malawi x Panama thread. However, they only posted to day 45 of flower so never got to see the finished product. However, their early stretch and structure reminded me of mine a lot. The current mid to late flower bud formation reminds me of the Panama, and Panama x CBD1 I have ran during mid to late flower. If I had to describe the bud formation from looking down onto the plant, it sorta makes me think of like more of a rectangle than a perfect round bud for the top colas. It does not have that Panama lemon smell. I still have not figured out a good way to describe the smell yet.

Kissgardens

The leaf structure seems to thick to be Panama. I havnt grown malawi to know that structure. This structure seems pretty darn thin.

Kissgardens

The leaf structure seems to thick to be Panama. I havnt grown malawi to know that structure. This structure seems pretty darn thin.

Ugh, looks like I was half asleep when I sent that yesterday and assuming I need more posts before I can edit a post. I meant to say Panama leaf structure is typically a bigger leaf compared to this plant.

Kissgardens

Another update

Trop Mix is starting week 9.

Panama x Bangi Haze is starting week 7. She is really filling up the stem nicely.

Attachments

• 2020-09-21 Trop 01.jpg
    2020-09-21 Trop 01.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 36
  • 2020-09-21 Panama Bangi Haze 03.jpg
    2020-09-21 Panama Bangi Haze 03.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 33
  • 2020-09-21 Panama Bangi Haze 02.jpg
    2020-09-21 Panama Bangi Haze 02.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 39
  • 2020-09-21 Panama Bangi Haze 01.jpg
    2020-09-21 Panama Bangi Haze 01.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 31

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Kissgardens :)

Thanks for doing a grow diary for your current Panama x Bangi Haze and Tropical Mix plants :yes:
I liked a lot the way you grew Panama and CBD x Panama previously, this grow looks very well focused.
Panama x Bangi Haze is on my top favorite ACE tamed sativa hybrids. I have the feeling the Tropical Mix have some Oldtimer's Haze genetics ;)

Kissgardens

Hi Kissgardens :)

Thanks for doing a grow diary for your current Panama x Bangi Haze and Tropical Mix plants :yes:
I liked a lot the way you grew Panama and CBD x Panama previously, this grow looks very well focused.
Panama x Bangi Haze is on my top favorite ACE tamed sativa hybrids. I have the feeling the Tropical Mix have some Oldtimer's Haze genetics ;)

Thanks Dubi, I credit the genetics making the gardening look good.

I am excited for this Panama x Bangi Haze. The structure was so easy to manage it makes growing so easy. Here is to hoping I will enjoy the harvest as much as the growing. She has another 2-3 weeks until she hits the expected 10-11 weeks flower time per your website.

Oldtimer's Haze cross, eh? I am happy and sad to hear that. Happy, because I have always wanted to try Oldtimer's Haze. Sad, because I need to harvest this plant either at the end of this week or some time next week to make room. Putting it only at 10-11 weeks. If it wasn't for the fact that the plant was taking up 2/3 of the tent, I would let her go longer as I was thinking she needed another 2-3 weeks. Maybe, I will try to harvest just the 3ft+ vertical branches and leave the flowers above the container for full term. A quick glance shows most of the Oldtimer's Haze hybrids are 14 weeks of flower at a minimum. I will have to figure out a game plan so I can at least sample some at full term. Thanks for your input.

Kissgardens

Hi All,

Panama x Bangi Haze is rolling along nicely. Currently in the middle of week 8. There is some lemon aromas starting to appear from a stem rub.

Tropical Mix (possible OTH cross per the Dubi)

I was moving her around to see if I could get her to only take up 1/2 the room and was able to. So positive note, she should be able to go as long as she needs. Well, assuming that is the next 3-4 weeks.I am taking a little risk as some of the small side branches are now resting up against the wall. I think I might cut some of the side branches this weekend to reduce the chance of mold and to get a little sample in. I was shocked how bendable the small side branches where. I was able bend them any way I wanted. The aromas that was coming off was somewhere in the citrus/fruity realm but with something else there too.

Attachments

• 2020-09-30 PanamaxBangiHaze-crop.jpg
    2020-09-30 PanamaxBangiHaze-crop.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 38
  • 2020-09-30 PanamaxBangiHaze-2.jpg
    2020-09-30 PanamaxBangiHaze-2.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 29
  • 2020-09-30 PanamaxBangiHaze-3.jpg
    2020-09-30 PanamaxBangiHaze-3.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 27

Kissgardens

A picture of the Tropical Mix towards the end of week 10. There looks like there will be another round of flowering coming soon.

Attachments

• 2020-10-1 Trop Mix 01.jpg
    2020-10-1 Trop Mix 01.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 30

Kissgardens

Dubi,

I read the Oldtimers Haze thread. All 197 pages of it. That leaf structure is very much OTH. Curious what you crossed it with. Something that provided a huge cut to the flower time.

Hi All,

The tropical mix got the chop. I started to see some ambers (~5%) and mostly cloudy on everything else so called it good. She only took 73 days at 11/13 the whole time. I wish I took a pic when I put her in flower because she was about a foot tall, topped, with 4 main branches. Then she stretched like crazy in the first few weeks of flower and started to bulk up. The branches where very heavy when I was chopping and hanging. It was always hard to get good pictures of her but here are a couple ok pics. For scale, the tent is a 3x3 and some of those branches take up all 3 foot as I trained them horizontally. Plant is huge for only being an a ~18L of ~living soil SIP. She probably could have used a bit more top dressing as it was a bit less green most of the flower time then I would prefer.

Attachments

• 2020-10-6 Trop Mix 03.jpg
    2020-10-6 Trop Mix 03.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 37
  • 2020-10-6 Trop Mix 02.jpg
    2020-10-6 Trop Mix 02.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 42

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Well done Kissgardens, love to follow your grow diaries :yes:

Did you read the whole Oldtimer's Haze thread! :D Damn, your mind must be very hazy after that!
I think your plant is a Haze x Kali China although i would need to smell the flowers and toke them to fully confirm. :smoke:

The Panama x Bangi Haze colas look very chunky and seem will be ready after 10-11 weeks of flowering. How are her aromas in late flowering ?

Kissgardens

Well done Kissgardens, love to follow your grow diaries :yes:

Did you read the whole Oldtimer's Haze thread! :D Damn, your mind must be very hazy after that!
I think your plant is a Haze x Kali China although i would need to smell the flowers and toke them to fully confirm. :smoke:

The Panama x Bangi Haze colas look very chunky and seem will be ready after 10-11 weeks of flowering. How are her aromas in late flowering ?

Thanks Dubi. I read most of it. I would skim sections that where on topics of little interest to me. However, lol, for sure a bit hazy after reading it. Probably took me a good week+ to get through it all.

You ever cross the pond, It would be pleasure to have you toke on some to confirm. I have been the only one to smell them so far and I think there is some citrus/mango aroma but more complex than that but I can't point my finger on the other aromas just yet. I will note, it appears to be a pretty loud/pungent aroma. Probably, one of the more aromatic of the stuff I have grown of yours. However, my first few runs of your gear was on salts and I have been slowly converting to a all organic, semi living soil setup so not an apples to apples comparison over the years. I will get some samples out to a few friends soon as get their input on the aroma. Well, and the effect too.

Kissgardens

Panama x Bangi Haze reaching the end of week 10. I am thinking she will have another week or so to go.

I sure hope the effects of this plant are as great as growing it. The height/stretch is very mild for a NLD and is easy to train. The topped with focus on 4 main branches are filling in nicely. It is starting to sparkle up with his a nice bonus.

I think, in the future, I am going to start adding some ~compost 4 weeks into flower. I currently just add some as it goes into flower. As both the tropical mix and Panama x Bangi Haze started to fad a bit earlier than I would want. Still trying to play and learn with this organic living soil in a small container.

Attachments

• 2020-10-15 Panama Bangi Haze 05 (2).jpg
    2020-10-15 Panama Bangi Haze 05 (2).jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 37
  • 2020-10-15 Panama Bangi Haze 04.jpg
    2020-10-15 Panama Bangi Haze 04.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 34
  • 2020-10-15 Panama Bangi Haze 01.jpg
    2020-10-15 Panama Bangi Haze 01.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 38
  • 2020-10-15 Panama Bangi Haze 02.jpg
    2020-10-15 Panama Bangi Haze 02.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 47

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Glad to know the Oldtimer's Haze thread was a nice read and that you are moving to organic growing :)

Yes, Panama x Bangi Haze terpene profile is very complex and lous, one of our best sativa dom hybrid in this regard. All the Panama fem hybrids leaning strongly to Panama Goddess mother like your plant like strong feeding until almost the end of flowering, in that way they can reach their best potential regarding resins and terpenes.

Nonetheless, looking great ;) Thanks a lot for the frequent updates!

Latest posts

Latest posts