What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Vulcanic sand

Grace5

Hi everybody, i have a plant outdoor and this week the mount Etna erupted sand that fell in my plant also on buds, does anybody now what i have to do? because i hope that with the rain of the next month maybe vulcanic sand will fall away from the buds but i'm not sure and i don't want to grind and smoke sand

Fixer

That's a new problem. How far along are you? If the sand stuck to the tricombs I'm not sure you can remove it. If the plants young enough I'd try blowing it clean with an air compressor. If it's mature I'd consider making an extract out of it.

Grace5

i'm in my fourth month, i think that in a month or a month and half it will be harvest time. maybe at this point i can't do anything and the solution is making BHO. i really love also to make some swits as cakes or biscuit but i think it will be difficoult to remove the sand

Fixer

You can extract the THC, etc. with alcohol then decarb it to cook with. Make sure that the alcohol won't interact with the sand. Good luck that's one for the books.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420giveaway
volcanic ash is supposed to be really good for plants but i can see why you would not want to smoke it
im sure most of it will just wash off with a light spray or you can try using a tub of water once you have cut your plants down to rinse the buds before you dry them
/be sure to shake off as much of the excess water as you can
where you close enough to see the eruption?

Cvh

Supermod
Shake it off or hose it off.
Be safe my fellow European brother.

Grace5

yes i live near Etna, when i see the red/orange lava come out from the top of the mout it's awsome but when i see big grey ash clouds i pray for the wind take them far away

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
i'm in my fourth month, i think that in a month or a month and half it will be harvest time. maybe at this point i can't do anything and the solution is making BHO. i really love also to make some swits as cakes or biscuit but i think it will be difficoult to remove the sand

That flower could be vaped. It could also have the goodies extracted in butter and make edibles. The water used in the butter process would get all the dirt and sand, and the butter on top will be clean.

ramse

Ciao Grace

you can wash the buds once harvested. I have experienced the method a couple of times with success. PS: no loss of trichomes (I passed the water in the Bubbles bags to check it). there are many instructional videos on youtube and discussions on some forums ... do a search for "Bud washing"

https://www.docbudsbrix.com/bud-washing