What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Have the Jungle Boys changed how they harvest?

Biologist

Watching older videos such as Marijuana Mania Episode 4 (late 2016) and at about 9:30 they talk about their letting the plants die on the vine technique and I've seen in another video where one of their workers says something to the effect of "this room shouldn't be green when we harvest."

https://vimeo.com/200925886

Fast forward to now and this video from one year ago and the plants look totally healthy and green for the Harvest Day in the Jungle video, right? It doesn't even look like they reduced nitrogen in flower, which would match the "feed the same nutes from start to finish" mantra Ivan is talking about in the video above.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7IallzDQME

This is making me reconsider some things, as I do respect how they do their grows and the science and testing they do. Maybe I shouldn't flush and starve my plants the last few weeks either? Have they learned something and changed it between 2016 and now? I did read a study where a company did blind testing and people seemed to prefer non-flushed weed.

https://hightimes.com/grow/new-research-shows-flushing-plants-before-harvest-may-be-unnecessary/

MindEater

If you're growing more than one plant find out for yourself. There bud was never great, people in LA simply have shit standards, but around the time it went rec almost every weedmaps review was negative. And even the remaining members of the Church of JB bitch about consistency it seems.

The fact anyone smokes unflushed synthetic herb is a sign of the times.,just like the fact there's celebrities in the realm of plant growing.

mexweed

Veteran
in my experience some plants hold their green when being flushed while others will fade or turn dark maroon/purple

Biologist

Reading the WeedMaps reviews does hint that things may have changed in recent years. Lots of reviews like this-

Before the prepackaged weed there was the bronze canister.. back when budtending had a true meaning.. the golden age.. before this prepackaged stuff EVERYTIME I was smoking on ANY of the OGs cultivated by the jungle boys it would literally get me to say out loud “god damn this stuffs is amazing, thank god for the jungle boys..” I recently picked up some high octane. And it’s not what it use to be.. I hate to admit it because I love the jungle boys u guys were so consistent. u guys are at the top of my list and I’m not saying this out of hate.

Lots of reviews mentioning dried out weed and no taste or smell. Any time you are successful you will have haters leaving bad reviews but I wonder if this points to a real issue. The reviews are still 4.7/5 but how many of those reviews were from long ago?

Maybe a third option I had feared is happening, where they've gotten so commercial that they just don't flush anymore. One strain looks purple in that latest video, but the leaves on most of the stuff they are carrying still looks vibrant green on the underside of even lower leaves.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Green definitely weighs more than the deliciously faded, frosty and terpy cannabis I prefer to trim. :) My guess would be commercial profits were too tempting?

BubbaBear

I've heard them recently claim that's still there preferred method, they don't always practice what they preach though.

I’m sure they prefer their personal smoke to be well flushed and “dried on the vine”.

Your lucky to find a Dispo/Corporation that actually will take the time to grow/flush/harvest/cure properly. Anything to get the product out the doors faster.

I'mback

Comfortably numb!
“Everybody has their own unique system and there are so many different components that go into growing. What works for one grower because of their unique set of circumstances might not work for the other grower.”

Latest posts

Latest posts