What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Zacatecas' and friends - Koon's spring of happiness

F2F

mine is from friend. if it is true he used BSHB from Bodhi, then his big surholy was even more indica than mine..

EDIT——————————
Not sure which BSHW was used. My 2 ZT’s are expressing a fairly balanced hybrid structure and flowering cadence at the moment (not yet really throwing pistils). The Purple satellites I’m running are ahead of these ZT’s. We will see which side of the fence the smoke falls on in a couple months. :)

Peace,
F2F

Last edited:

robotwithdreams

Veteran
I do believe it was Bodhi’s but I’m not very familiar with that line tbh. My 2 ZT’s are expressing a fairly balanced hybrid structure and flowering cadence at the moment (not yet really throwing pistils). The Purple satellites I’m running are ahead of these ZT’s. We will see which side of the fence the smoke falls on in a couple months. :)

Peace,
F2F

I have seen vermontman post that the bshw he uses originates from kagyu at coastal seeds. Different from bodhi.

F2F

I have seen vermontman post that the bshw he uses originates from kagyu at coastal seeds. Different from bodhi.

Thanks for reigning me in RWD,

Tried to research that BSHW origin here on IC and I could not find it, so I edited my post above as I don’t like to spread misinformation. You could be right.

What I did find in the RUST II thread seems to show Vmans Big Sur was a bit more sativa dom vs some others out there. Beautiful plants regardless.

Peace
F2F

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
yeah mine is originally from coastal seeds too. it sure is 50% sativa at best.. a lot of afghani.. I believe it is not big sur hollyweed. but its hybrid.. this post says a lot about it..
Oregon said:
The name BSHW was coined by Jerry Kamstra. It was pure Zacatecas Purple sativa landrace. Giant plants with all purple colas. There was one local BSHW cross called SAGE (Sativa Afghani Genetic Equilibrium I think it was) bred in that area that was an Afghani x Zac Purple hybrid. What most people have out there now and are calling BSHW is really SAGE, or some other local early cross of Zac Purple. In the late 60's and early 70s most local grown weed in Monterey and Santa Cruz County was from landrace bag weed seeds. Hybrids were not very common until the later 70s when skunk and other local hybrids appeared.

Koondense

Veteran
A small Zacateca#2 clone was passed to friends, going outdoors this time.
All the best little Zacateca!

picture.php

Cheers

justabluez

Veteran
Koon D,

I'm enjoying playing with Zacatecas. Still trying to figure out what I think of the "No cure" buzz........Definitely clear, but a little SPACEY also!!.... This plant clones easily!!! I think I will do a "Zac clone grow"..... Love the growth style.

F2F

ZacTrib OD

ZacTrib OD

Hi guys,

Given love and space these could do really well OD I’m sure. Mine hasn’t felt much of either but the genetics are there to take her up and away.

picture.php

ZacTrib far left. The stake on left is 8ft. The structure of these could work with a couple options in my eyes - the Christmas tree shape can yield well untopped, or you could top/mainline, & then LST if you have enough veg time.

Peace,
F2F

Koondense

Veteran
How are your Zacatecas doing F2F? Should start to flower I believe.
I have two clones of the Zac#1, started to flower and are very beautiful, more than the mother plant :)
Also keeping the OaxPan, the big momma is in flowering and is a crazy big canopy plant, had to lay her down on the net and be quite rude to keep her low.

But there's another thing going on, the next Ace plant I'll be trying is the Zamaldelica x Panama(fem) from the R+D section(now gone), looking and smelling like a winner already, will be a tasty sativa for sure. Very good vigor and branching, a bit soft branches but that's why I gave her a net for support.
Here's an early picture, she's more developed by now. Switched her yesterday and expecting preflowers and stretching soon enough.
Seeing her gone from R+D I feel very lucky to have these seeds. Thanks Dubi <3

Zamaldelica Elite x Panama Goddess
picture.php

Have a great september ;)

Cheers

justabluez

Veteran
Zacatecas Bud

Zacatecas Bud

This strain is quite nice. Seems to be a 8 to 10 weeker.. Nice bud development. The picture is of the more Green pheno. The other one I have has more purple in the stem. I had some pollen from the Snowhigh Golden Thai (Golden Kind Thai X Pablos Gold). I hit both of the Zacs with the Golden Thai Pollen. I also had a Feminized Cannabiogen Purple Mexican that is now a full blown Hermie....I used some of the Hermie pollen on the Zacatecas....and on my TanBD-ken-stein....

I can't wait to try the rest of the Oaxacan crosses from Green Mountain!!!

I popped [2] purple satellite, and [2] Banana Bud, but my soil cooked the seeds and they never got past 1 week before they curled up and dried up......will try again......one day.......

attachment.php

Attachments

• 9520_1.jpg
    9520_1.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 41

F2F

ZacTrib OD updates?

ZacTrib OD updates?

Hi Folks,

How are flowers progressing OD? UHN, KoonDense?

Prepping for a visit to the patch to bring in a couple purple satellite and wondered if there is a chance I need to bring ZacTrib down as well. GMS description says Oct for these, but mine matched the PS at flower onset.

Thanks in advance and peace to all,
F2F

justabluez

Veteran
KoonD,

I'm on my second round with the Zac#1(Green) and Zac#2(Purple Big Sur Pheno). The Green one seems to be more hearty and have a better yield. The Purple stem one seems to have a lower yield and it turns half green during flowering. My first test smoke was good, but I vaped it all before I could cure it........This time I will try to hang on to some for a few months.... Both smell on the lemony side so far..... few more weeks!!!

Koondense

Veteran
Hi justabluez,
I agree with all you wrote, I also prefer the green pheno and I kept it for the second round. There were some trouble n my first grow with both Zacatecas and I think I fixed it this time. Soil life helped a lot and both clones are looking stellar at this point of flowering, compared to the first plants.

Zacateca Tribute
picture.php

She will start getting a lighter dose of feed in the next week and will start thinking about chopping her soon enough, she looks and smells near to done but I feel she will benefit if left alive a bit more time. We'll see.
Still having a dilemma if I should keep her or just pop some more seeds, the smoke was very good with the mom plant.

Cheers

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Looking wonderful justabluez and Koondense :) Lovely sativa structure and traits for such short flowering time, really nice strain.

Koondense

Veteran
Indeed Dubi, the Zacateca tribute has some serious gems in the line, my current run looks much better than the previous one, I think I'm in love again(harem is getting bigger)!

Zacateca tribute pics

Main cola
picture.php

Side bud(actually most branches can't handle their weigth)
picture.php

Main cola closeup
picture.php

Definitely worth to try this strain, the aromas are a complex mix of fruits, pines, hash, flowers, aromatic herbs and sweet and savory food market combo. Quite amazing to be honest.
The first time I don't remember having this much aromas, it may be the compost tea treatment worked magically, not sure but I'll keep adding it to my plants, they all love it.

And another mention, the Line1 clone putting on some massive weight, she is Panalawi x (TaskentixSatori), lovely fast and strong. Not my kind of high so I won't keep her despite the good commercial potential.

Line1
picture.php

Stay healthy and have fun!

Cheers

justabluez

Veteran
Namaste home with Zacatecas

Namaste home with Zacatecas

zacatecas tribute

Attachments

• 101520_4.jpg
    101520_4.jpg