What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Moroccan Beldia Kif

MallardDuck

Farmerlion,

Amazing harvest friend. You must be excited about the seeded Auto Zam. Im sure there will be gems in there to be found.

Those stems are very fascinating. Almost like bamboo. I bet if you dried them you could make something interesting out of them.

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Mentor
Veteran
Mallard Duck, once they are very dry I make little fishing poles out of them. 6'of string and a little bobber. I have about 40 to make up for next summer. Kids can fish off the docks.
Peace my friend.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Well said friend :yes: Certainly pure Beldia cannot compete in terms of potency, resins and look with modern indoor Kush strains, but this landrace/heirloom has a value for what it is: a very early outdoor semi autoflowering line, with great performance in poor soils, drought and very high temps, that has been used for at least many decades to produce a very distinctive finished product: Moroccan hash.

Old Moroccans landraces are strongly endangered nowadays due to genetic contamination with modern strains in its native place, and that's the main reason it had to be preserved in pure form. In pure form it's a landrace for old school hash enthusiasts and for cannabis preservationists and breeders. It obviously it requires hybridization with the adequate hashplant indicas (Afghani and Pakistanis) to produce a final hashplant hybrid (with probably just a quarter of Beldia content) that keeps the resistance and earliness of the Moroccan and can meet modern western quality standards.

Glad the outdoor Beldia F1 hybrid (Beldia II x beldia I) performed well under your outdoor conditions without the need of a greenhouse. Wish the offspring produces good results as well ;)

Hello my friends, Dubi thank you again for these genetics. I have mentioned that three separate times these plants faced 60, 70 and 80+ mph winds, hail and driving rains. One of the larger plants I had to support temporarily.

Today I trimmed the buds on two plants and had to clean my scissors 3 times in alcohol. Not to mention the incredible aroma of earthy goodness with a hot pepper background.

I have read in some articles from DJ Short that he looks for the hollow meristem and branched females as mother plants. That I seldom experience. Let me show you some pictures of tough beautiful ladies who have stolen my heart this season.

I have also collected 800 to 1,000 seeds that fell from the buds while trimming. The buds are still full of seeds. I didn't find one immature seed yet. They all look extremely ripe and mature.

When I harvested the Auto Zamaldelica that was seeded. Three seeds that had fallen to the soil had sprouted and are growing. Vigorous genetics at every turn.
If you think a strains quality rests in a 25%+thc content. You are missing out on a nostalgic legend ! 99.9% of us are never going to see the cover of High Times magazine.

If you think you need hyped names in your grow room please remember this.

Mopeds and fat girls are fun to ride until a friend sees you.
Don't tell anyone what you're up to, just enjoy them.
Peace farmerlion

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Nannymouse,

The first oils and tinctures i had the chance to try was in the 90s and came indeed from Moroccan farmers, it was a rarity that only small smugglers occasionally brought to Europe for own use and to share with a few close friends. A very scarce product at that time that was used to 'paint' cigarettes or hash joints.

Regarding CBG, most of the modern marihuana breeding was selected towards high THC/low CBD/low CBG chemotypes, the interest on CBG breeding has arisen only more recently with the interest on 'new' cannabinoids and also on the development of low THC hemp cultivars but rich in other non regulated cannabinoids.

There's not a standardized reply to your question, but in my opinion strains with CBG content over 3-4 % can be considered as strains with remarkable CBG content, there are a few hemp lines being worked nowadays with already CBG contents reaching 15 %.

Also, does anyone know what a 'high' percentage of CBG would be? Mouse is just learning about CBG, and find it interesting. I have so many symptoms, after being(and finding out)that i've been mulitply metal poisoned, that the 'homeostasis' regulating abilities of MMJ is becoming a focus of interest, lately.

Would beldia make good tincture? (Mouse likes to run the everclear through several 'washes' with fresh herb each time, to get full saturation. Makes for excellent nightly meds)

Tr0picana

I made this account just so I could answer your post.

How would you feel if I brought a Toyota and told you it’s Chrysler made in US?

How would you feel if I showed you a picture of Michael Jordan and told you that he is from Russia?

That’s NOT a beldia. It’s impossible. If that is a beldia then im an ufo from Venus.

Beldia doesn’t branch. Beldia never branch. It’s just one main stem.

// angry Moroccan
Yal 5awa! Hedhi meshi daylna

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Beldia strain grows in Morocco like one stick because it is planted there in very crowded fields with little watering, and since the strain has a columnar growth and it's semi autoflowering it doesn't have much time to branch during growing stage.

But if you take Beldia seeds and you plant them with enough lateral space, water and growth time, plants will produce more or less side branching despite it is a columnar strain.
All cannabis strains have the potential to branch.

Rajas

I think it's a very nice trait of Beldia.
On Insta were a grower who had a few Beldias in his tent, which grew in a rather crowded setting to perfect meaty columnar sticks.
Another grower topped it and gave it a rather huge smart pot with a lot of space in his tent, so it was growing very bushy and thick. Easily outgrowing the modern hybrids next to it to be honest (maybe fluffly, but thick as a thigh!).
Very good indoor adaptability is what I observed so far... With a modern living soil approach and some mineral fertilizer at the right time, as the grower told me, the flowers are impressive to look at! He likes to smoke his pure sativa before work, which sounds like a very nice balanced plant to me fitting in an day to day lifestyle and little side effects :)

libre

Terminando el dia en el corredor del henares el uno de abril las meti en agua abril fue nublado frio y aguoso, algo de mayo pillo sol, preciosa me planteo una tanda de regulares beldia kif y jugar con killer a5 y quizas Annapurna....... Gracias aquipo ace por acercar esta belleza a mi vera

Attachments

• photo2054285.jpg
    photo2054285.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 90
  • photo2054286.jpg
    photo2054286.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 87
  • photo2054288.jpg
    photo2054288.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 128
  • photo2054290.jpg
    photo2054290.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 122
  • photo2054291.jpg
    photo2054291.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 124
  • photo2054292.jpg
    photo2054292.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 78

libre

Terminando el dia en el corredor del henares el uno de abril.....
La fotogeneral conparten sitio pero son autos ace y de temporada mas que nada para que veais que esta metida en una miniselva y aun asi crece hehehhe, me pide agua a diario la acustumbre a beber seca la tierra como loca, eso si pega ya bien el chicharro

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Bienvenido libre :) Que bien se ve el jardín con las auto y la Beldia! La tercera foto es también de Beldia ?
Si es así terminará la primera quincena de Agosto, será un placer ver fotos de las autos con más detalle.

Welcome libre! The garden looks great with the autos and Beldia. Is the third pic Beldia ?
If so she will finish first half of August, it will be a pleasure to follow your autos in more detail.

libre

Si es beldia, me gusta mucho y la mitad va destinada a polen

If it's beldia, I like it a lot and half goes to pollen

ZPfBTNanAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

Attachments

• photo2055223.jpg
    photo2055223.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 77
  • photo2055224.jpg
    photo2055224.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 76
  • photo2055225.jpg
    photo2055225.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 68
  • photo2055226.jpg
    photo2055226.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 60
  • photo2055227.jpg
    photo2055227.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 70
  • photo2055233.jpg
    photo2055233.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 73
  • photo2055232.jpg
    photo2055232.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 80
  • photo2055231.jpg
    photo2055231.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 88
  • photo2055230.jpg
    photo2055230.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 80
  • photo2055229.jpg
    photo2055229.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 75
  • photo2055228.jpg
    photo2055228.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 80

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Se la ve avanzando a buen ritmo libre ;) Me alegro te esté gustando como se está desarrollando. ¿ Como ha aguantado la ola de calor en comparación con las otras genéticas ?
Nuestras variedades autoflorecientes aguantan muy bien el calor, especialmente Auto Malawi x NL.

Your Beldia is progressing nicely libre. Glad you like how is she performing. How did dhe handle the heat wave compared with the other genetics in your garden ?
Our autofllowering strains also tolerate the heat very well, especially Auto Malawi x NL.

libre

Hola Dubi, Esta en 40 litros desde el 5 de abril y se a comido unos 10 litros tiene un cepellón muy bueno, la acostumbre a un litro diario y me pedía mas con dos litros aguantaba bien se me paso el trasplante al empezar flora pero le hacharé tierra por encima a la vuelta la verdad no me plantee el dejarlas pasar sed , las autos han estado con un litro diario algunos días menos, ya que no me lo pedían lo que si hicieron fue engordar bien hehehe las demas h, brizze y purple h x malawi les pillo al poco del trasplante y aparte de aguantar bien crecieron mucho, ethi x malawi y a5 mas espaciado el riego pese a calor están en huerto y eso se nota y una brizze en 40 litros 3 días sin agua y como si nada creo que tengo una foto de beldia día 7/7 a la vuelta mas, gracias

Hello Dubi, It has been in 40 liters since April 5 and it has eaten about 10 liters, it has a very good root ball, I used it to a liter a day and asked me for more with two liters, it held up well, the transplant happened to me at the beginning of flora but it I will chop dirt on the way back, the truth is, I did not consider letting them go thirsty, the cars have been with a liter a day a few days less, since they did not ask me what they did was gain weight well hehehe the other h, brizze and purple hx malawi caught them shortly after transplanting and apart from holding out well they grew a lot, ethi x malawi and a5 more spaced irrigation despite heat are in the orchard and it shows and a brizze in 40 liters 3 days without water and as if nothing I think I have a picture of Beldia on 7/7 around the corner, thanks

libre

Ñam ñam

Attachments

• IMG_20210707_102650.jpg
    IMG_20210707_102650.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_20210707_102659.jpg
    IMG_20210707_102659.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_20210707_102620.jpg
    IMG_20210707_102620.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_20210707_102655.jpg
    IMG_20210707_102655.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_20210707_102702.jpg
    IMG_20210707_102702.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_20210707_102623.jpg
    IMG_20210707_102623.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 76

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Mentor
Veteran
Hello all of the Ace family. I have been gone for a while. Working with my State trying to influence real legalization. Not from a lack of effort but there wasn't any real successes to speak of.
. I hope you all all getting along through covid alright. I will have to read and get caught up. I will find a place to post some pictures from the greenhouse.
Peace farmerlion

Attachments

• photo2057032.jpg
    photo2057032.jpg
    178.8 KB · Views: 84

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks for the update libre! ;) Glad the Moroccan and the ACE autos have dealt well with the summer hot temps and recent heat waves!

Welcome back farmerlion! :huggy:

Slim Pickens

Veteran
Thanks for the pics libre! I have always wanted to go to Morocco. I wonder if smoking some Moroccan would magically transport me there? Might have to try some of these from Ace and find out. :)

Good to see you FarmerLion. Sorry that the legalization isn't moving along as well as it rightfully should. Can't give up tho,it's too important.

Latest posts

Latest posts