What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Guerilla Harvesting - Are you a Rabbit or a Turtle?

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
As a Gorilla Grower with many plants, and in a few sites, when you harvest, do you take the whole plant, or just go in, cut the Colas, and get your ass out of there?

Like a rabbit? In and Out.
or
Like a turtle? Strip them bare.

amanda88

the times I have gone GG

I have taken all my crop back to the HQ?

trimmed harvested etc as required

then return to the GG and re amend the soil

tho in most cases won't be used for a good 6 months tho

god help anyone growing in my amended soil ie.

its no longer a territory issue but one of property

ie my property my amendments lol

cheers/

Love Lightning

haha i have to say rabbit. different plants finish at different times.. my main strain finishes from mid september to mid october. (indica/sativa phenoes)

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
I've spoken to several local growers and they tend to take their sweet time about it. Go out, light one up, cut the colas and pick every bud, sit have a beer, then pack out.

I would expect a guerilla to jump in, cut the colas, and get the hell out or risk getting caught in the act. After all, the small remaining buds from say 40 plants can't amount to much more than about 4-5oz.

hamstring

Veteran
Cut all branches off the same length so they can be bundled easier. Usually leaving just the main stalk.

It makes it easy to pull all the cages off the stripped stalks.

Cut the stalk off 4inches from the ground. I like leave a inconspicuous amount so if I use the site again next season I can find these holes again. Easier to prep next season.

Hide all the cages. I dont pack them out the same time I harvest.

I trim as much as possible near the site. Why carry weight that is not usable . I can never trim it all the days are much shorter so there is always some untrimmed weed leaving with me.

Never leave a messy site. Even if I get ripped I still clean the site up removing cages and stalks.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Weather and strain dependent....or whether or not seeing any evidence of others (foot prints, voices) within the general area.

cut branches to same length make tight bundles. the leaves protect the buds a bit as they are bundeled up. put in many layers of garbage bag then into backpack and then i walk home. there is no point getting busted at the very end of all that hard work, while driving the harvest home

DuskrayTroubador

Veteran
cut branches to same length make tight bundles. the leaves protect the buds a bit as they are bundeled up. put in many layers of garbage bag then into backpack and then i walk home. there is no point getting busted at the very end of all that hard work, while driving the harvest home

You're one of the blessed ones if you're within walking distance of good grow locations.

I've driven close to two hours for patches before.

To answer OP: I usually cut the developed buds and come back in a week or two after the rest have a chance to fill out some.

Those who bundle: why? Is it ease of carrying? I generally carry harvests out in the 5 gallon airtight buckets, and it seems like bundling might take up more room. Is there a good tradeoff?

Hoypare.

Trim in the field,takes weeks as in 5 days a week 8 hours a day,but its the end result that counts :tiphat:
picture.php

View image in gallery

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Trim in the field,takes weeks as in 5 days a week 8 hours a day,but its the end result that counts :tiphat:

Is that DeepWoods mosquito spray I see on the ground? lol

BWT, I love the ingenuity for the trimmer holders. Smart.

Quick question, how do you dry? Do you have a drying room for that bud or does it get dried outdoors? It's a constant 80% humidity here spring summer fall and winter so I have to make a temporary dry room in a shed or mold eats everything fast. I haul out of the bush in garbage bags but it gets dumped into boxes in the truck because it'll start molding right away if I don't. And the bags you're using? Nice.

Hoypare.

Is that DeepWoods mosquito spray I see on the ground? lol

BWT, I love the ingenuity for the trimmer holders. Smart.

Quick question, how do you dry? Do you have a drying room for that bud or does it get dried outdoors? It's a constant 80% humidity here spring summer fall and winter so I have to make a temporary dry room in a shed or mold eats everything fast. I haul out of the bush in garbage bags but it gets dumped into boxes in the truck because it'll start molding right away if I don't. And the bags you're using? Nice.
No mozzies here mate,thats oil for the spin-pro we have drying rooms :tiphat: I have just spent the last month in ottawa,fantastic place,so much space,so many possibilities :tiphat: Be lucky :tiphat:

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Glad you liked it. And yes, lots of room for growing. When I lived in south Ottawa (I'm rural now), I could have grown 1000 plants a couple minutes from my place. "City kids" don't like walking in long grass, let alone a bush. But where I am, the country boys go hunting for crops, so it's much harder to hide. When they discover $300 drones with high def video, we're all fucked. If I see one my way, I'll shoot the thing down with bird shot.

Hoypare.

Glad you liked it. And yes, lots of room for growing. When I lived in south Ottawa (I'm rural now), I could have grown 1000 plants a couple minutes from my place. "City kids" don't like walking in long grass, let alone a bush. But where I am, the country boys go hunting for crops, so it's much harder to hide. When they discover $300 drones with high def video, we're all fucked. If I see one my way, I'll shoot the thing down with bird shot.
I am often in ottawa mate,maybe twice a year,stay in kanata but i always get out and about,happy christmas :tiphat: