What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Rose terpine var? source of in the pines?

clearheaded

Anyone know of some rosewater tasting cultivars? I really love it, lp purchas3d huerkle cbd had it and would like to source it reliably. I know people say cbd has cherry rose like flavor but i have not found it to be ubiquitous in cbd strains i have tried. think breeder steve had some rosebud strain but is gone or never went public.

Also interested to find in the pines as sounds very unique.

clearheaded

Hmm havent seen that before. Unless u meant flo as in flowers lol.

Was such a great taste came tbrough nicely. And if got stronger with sometbing fruity... man flavor town lol

TerpeneDream

Was 'in the pines' a line from Afficianado Seeds?

I think Sub Cool was talking about a collab with Affciando on a strain called 'Pinot Noir', recently on the Adam Dunn show. If memory serves me. It was a heavy episode. Hope the NorCal peeps are starting to see some relief.

Anyway, maybe there's a start in hopefully the right direction..

therevverend

Veteran
Had plants that definitely had a rose floral smell. Not exactly like rose but similar floral notes. From fruit strains and hashplant crosses. Smelling that stuff it hit home that cannabis really is a flower.
In the 90s in Mendocino their were quite a few 'fruit strains' in the area west of Booneville. I'd call them 'Mendocino heirloom' varieties. I saw some Ole' Mendocino Hashplant recently that was probably from a similar family.
Amazing fruity and floral smells no idea what the terpenes would be. I've been looking for them the last few years but they may be extinct. Replaced by the modern high production strains.
Had Grape Ape hybrids this year that had rich red wine smells. Lost a lot of it in the drying process. Turned into a rich almost creamy leche type smell with fruit overtones.

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
I have one from the 90s that goes dogshit to grandma's potpourri draw with a heavy rose lean to it

smoking it on pscyahdelics opened new doors of perception

from a 90's williamsburg when it was still a spanish ghetto out of jarred weed (not common back then) weed had a few seeds, my buddy was a annoyed

called the guy he got it from and told him and the guy said bring them back i'll give you back the weight in weed

had tons of seed wish I had kept it all and wish I kept every pheno I found

I kept the ones in my jar these are some of the progeny

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Dawe

Was 'in the pines' a line from Afficianado Seeds?

I think Sub Cool was talking about a collab with Affciando on a strain called 'Pinot Noir', recently on the Adam Dunn show. If memory serves me. It was a heavy episode. Hope the NorCal peeps are starting to see some relief.

Anyway, maybe there's a start in hopefully the right direction..

Yea, in the pines is from aficionado. I'm not sure if they're making more of them, most of their gear is limited. But I see the original cut floating around quite a bit. I heard it be described as a pineapple blue dream with high cbd. Not sure how accurate that is but it does sound very enticing.

I think Pinot Noir is a blackberry Kush x paki or something along those lines.

Baked Beanz put some f2s on seedbay at one point I think, and I'd bet a lot of people are growing em out.

clearheaded

Awesome thanks guys! weird that looks like a ball of bud insane i hope u still have some!

Not alot of flavors really stay in ur pallet esp fruity floral ones but man that rose mmm mm like indian rose rice pudding.

Yea i found out about aficianado unfortently dont ship and disnt have any. I wasnt sure if it was a clome out in cali that is passes around and maybe someone made some fems at very least. i just heard it has a very unique profile that nothing else is like terp test wise so found that very intriging along with winning emerald cup. There must be something pretty nice about it :) and not just harsh pine.

therevverend

Veteran
Ha ha I didn't mention some of the rosey hashplants having a shitty smell to them out of tact. They did, a too much Mexican food fresh ripe shit smell with a rose finish. But not in a bad way. Strange I've never associated roses and dog shit.
Cannabis can have so many rank smells that would normally be disgusting but are actually wonderful. Probably how shit smells to dogs.
I had a first this year, floral clusters that made my eyes water. It wasn't a 'bad' smell, fresh terpenes from a Royal Kush hybrid that's citrus and incense. It was too intense, had to move away and get fresh air. I thought it might just be me too early in the morning. Then a friend of mine smelled it and his eyes watered too. Both fresh and dried.

clearheaded

Had plants that definitely had a rose floral smell. Not exactly like rose but similar floral notes. From fruit strains and hashplant crosses. Smelling that stuff it hit home that cannabis really is a flower.
In the 90s in Mendocino their were quite a few 'fruit strains' in the area west of Booneville. I'd call them 'Mendocino heirloom' varieties. I saw some Ole' Mendocino Hashplant recently that was probably from a similar family.
Amazing fruity and floral smells no idea what the terpenes would be. I've been looking for them the last few years but they may be extinct. Replaced by the modern high production strains.
Had Grape Ape hybrids this year that had rich red wine smells. Lost a lot of it in the drying process. Turned into a rich almost creamy leche type smell with fruit overtones.

yes have a god candyxpre98bubba that has purple trichs and has that fake almost grape smell to it. even had some molded buds in a bag and smelled like grape candy was very surprised. "candy" is actually a worked health canada strain. what they gave the first growers before had LPs to sell non ground up cannabis. but not the really the smell of rose i was talking about. like rosewater rose :) .

Latest posts

Latest posts