What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Max Absorbency of: Ganja Butter, Coconut Oil, Everclear

TerpeneDream

Hey all,

So I'm wondering just how much cannabis each of these mediums can hold?

When you make ganja butter…How many grams of dried flower can 1LB of Butter hold?

How many grams can a Gallon of Everclear absorb?

I'm wondering when will you hit max absorption in order to make the most potent concentrates/edibles while utilizing the most of your Everclear or other expensive medium…

Thanks!

Last edited:

w3rds

Personal rule of thumb, if it can be soaked then you have enough alcohol. If it's in a small enough container that you can splash around and completely cover the material, then you have enough alcohol. 1 gallon of everclear will cover a lot of material. You can also use a still to recollect it so that you don't have to keep buying that ethanol.

I've seldom seen anyone use more than 1oz of plant to 1lb of butter. Use 2 cups of water with it and refrigerate over night or put in a freezer for 4-5 hours. It will help separate the plant matter from cannabutter.

Hope this helps

pusbag

Ganja butter & hash

Ganja butter & hash

So one recipe I've used in the past is 25 grams of hash to a pound of butter. This is right at its saturation point. Makes awesome potent butter too. I now prefer using food grade oil that's been winterized and decarboxylated, do its consistent known strength after a few tests with the same numbers.

FoothillFarming

I use butter, but prefer oil pills. I add about .2-.5grams of 60% hash per ml of coconut oil.

If you can cover it, it will absorb it.

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
Sounds like a good recipe..

Sounds like a good recipe..

I have used 2oz buds to an lb of butter....was very happy...yeehaw...bump

I'd bet you can use 4-8 ounces of bud per pound of Coconut Oil.

Remember we are talking about milligrams of THC.

So @ 20% THC X 28.3 = 5.66 grams in 16 ounces of oil. EASY

8 ounces of Bud very doable. If you can cover it with oil you are good to go.

I'll give it a try when I run out. :party:

FishmanK

dose us!

dose us!

So one recipe I've used in the past is 25 grams of hash to a pound of butter. This is right at its saturation point. Makes awesome potent butter too. I now prefer using food grade oil that's been winterized and decarboxylated, do its consistent known strength after a few tests with the same numbers.
pb, whats the "dose" of this then?

Im makin Liqueurs and I figure a 1/4gr of DI-Kief is in 2fl oz of my finished "Kahlanja"
ganja Kahlua
so I say take 2 shots only...

you then use your butter for cookies or?

pusbag

Doseage guess

Doseage guess

pb, whats the "dose" of this then?

Im makin Liqueurs and I figure a 1/4gr of DI-Kief is in 2fl oz of my finished "Kahlanja"
ganja Kahlua
so I say take 2 shots only...

you then use your butter for cookies or?
So I could take an educated guess at the 25 g hash recipe. One test would solve it though, I'd guess about 12000mg of thc for the pound of butter then divide the amount of edibles it makes and do the math. Example. You get 100 cookies out of the pound of butter 12000÷100=120. So 120 MG of thc per cookie

FishmanK

So I could take an educated guess at the 25 g hash recipe. One test would solve it though, I'd guess about 12000mg of thc for the pound of butter then divide the amount of edibles it makes and do the math. Example. You get 100 cookies out of the pound of butter 12000÷100=120. So 120 MG of thc per cookie
I just was wondering if you used it then to cook or... ?
and how much was used

but that was a cool answer :)

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
While there are saturation limits extracting with Ethanol, EtOH and cannabis aromatic hydrocarbons are fully miscible with one another.

You can mix them at any ratio that you desire.

pusbag

I just was wondering if you used it then to cook or... ?
and how much was used

but that was a cool answer :)
Yes I then cook with it just remember thc varorizes at 315°F so I try not to go hotter than 300. This recipe is strong and is for pot veterans just use less hash if too strong.

tech1234

I can get 22 grams of BHO into 1 cup of coconut oil no prob. Tested many tines. (cana chews)

decarb, while warm pour into warmed coconut oil. put mix into 160f water bath for 3 hours and agitate frequently.

PDX Dopesmoker

I can get 22 grams of BHO into 1 cup of coconut oil no prob. Tested many tines. (cana chews)

decarb, while warm pour into warmed coconut oil. put mix into 160f water bath for 3 hours and agitate frequently.

So about 70mg THC per gram of coconut oil. If butter is anywhere near equivalent then you should be about to absorb about 40g of 20% THC flower into a stick of butter, far more than the 1 stick per quarter rule from mysterious stoner traditional knowledge.
I have a pound of butter and a nice 750 of Everclear, if anyone want to see how many grams of errrl we can absorb with it, I'm game.

T

TreehouseJ

I dont know about butter or coconut oil. Against my advise, one of my buddies just threw 50 grams of old black decarbed dab into 8 sticks of butter to dilute at a later time, seems to be working for him. Everclear though, I would assume you can keep just keep throwing dab in it until it stopped disolving, lol. This is also something I have been thinking about these past couple days, I wan't to make some glycerine drops to dose some sour patch kids as strong as possible with minimal liquid to avoid making them all sticky and gross.

AKfIRE

I am sorry, but this just does not seem right. You have tested all the variables, & you can get a max of .01g of THC can be infused into 1ml of ethanol. & what the hell does 73 deg f have to do with max obsorbtion. Most people would back that up with some duplicated tests. But you have a one liner. Please don't put out bad info.

TerpeneDream

Inspiring. I'm melting an oz of BHO into coconut oil now!

I'd imagine the limit with BHO>Coconut oil would be dependent on how you liked the consistency..

Latest posts

Latest posts