What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Best water to use for growing

Calistrainhunte

Hey guys,

I've been looking into Kangen Water and it says that it improves the overall life of plant and optimised growth, however the levels of PH on the scale are between 8.5 a 9.5.

What I want to know is can Kangen water with a ph of 8.5-9.5 scale reading be used to water plants? Would it make a difference if I'm using this water with hydro? Soil? Would it be better to use this water during flushing stages?

I just want to know all the best techniques methods/formula's that will help me grow medicinal level cannabis, I hope to be growing some Cali strains in the near future and I want them to be the absolute best they can be.

LostTribe

Premium user
what is kangen water?

You dont want that.....

Strictly speaking RO and deionized as well. 25>ppm ph 7.0

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If your local tap water is especially acidic, you might be wondering if it’s possible to fix that.

You can buy a machine, called a water ionizer, which supposedly creates alkaline water via a process called ionization.

Manufacturers claim that these machines allow water to interact with electrodes to split hydrogen ions from oxygen, influencing the pH of the water.

However, most chemists say that “ionized water” is a meaningless term, and that health claims made for ionized water are unfounded.

shredGnar

If your local tap water is especially acidic, you might be wondering if it’s possible to fix that.

You can buy a machine, called a water ionizer, which supposedly creates alkaline water via a process called ionization.

Manufacturers claim that these machines allow water to interact with electrodes to split hydrogen ions from oxygen, influencing the pH of the water.

However, most chemists say that “ionized water” is a meaningless term, and that health claims made for ionized water are unfounded.

Many doctors say the same about cannabis as a medicine. Sad you can't believe doctors even because of the profits involved.

Not saying I believe in this kangen water stuff.

SvenB

You definitely want a reverse osmosis system. I'm not sure about Kangen water, but RO is as good as it gets imo.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Many doctors say the same about cannabis as a medicine. Sad you can't believe doctors even because of the profits involved.

Not saying I believe in this kangen water stuff.

Yeah, I bought a portable alkaline water filtration bottle. Used it for probably a year, had lab tests repeated due to chronic health conditions. Nothing changed. May be hype, might be true. I know my alternative medicine practitioner was on the band wagon saying disease cannot spread in alkaline environment. Later, she suggested filtered water as an alternative to ordinary municipal tap water.

Current primary care Dr. knows I juice with cannabis and has seen a slight decrease in inflammation. Not all Dr.s poo-poo cannabis, but the large majority of Western Medicine trained practitioners are either a.) stoutly against cannabis from what they've heard from Big Pharma (or brainwashed), but interestingly, b.) more doctors are not opposed or debating the issues aside from it being a Scheduled drug as more citations/studies report the positives of cannabis. There's still more work to be considered.

I definitely do believe in filtered water. RO worked better than alkaline for plants and the biggest organism....me.

Kangan is one of the Tupperware or Amway's of the new millennium.

Last edited:

TerpeneDream

You definitely want a reverse osmosis system. I'm not sure about Kangen water, but RO is as good as it gets imo.

Why do you say? I'm new to all this, but doesn't RO strip essential minerals from your water? Leaving you depleted, then dependent?

Just water with pH ~neutral water and better use organics and manure as fertilizer and you are all set, hard to mess up that way.

Calistrainhunte

Hey buddy can you explain the benefits of using RO water? I've heard this is good water to use during the flushing stages, are you saying it's best to use this water throughout the whole process?

Plants can only take a certain amount of ppm, everything that isnt a nutrient is like junk food, ro water allows your plants to get more of what they need. Steak and potatos with veggies vs. a bag of cheetos. If you use RO all the way through some people flush with calmag or use it the whole way through depending on strain.

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have an extensive water background. The devices said to provide alkaline water are pure marketing BS, much like the Blurple (red & blue) leds

Pure water is where you BEGIN, but all water that comes from municipal water supply is energetically DEAD, even after removing the chemicals and minerals.

Do a YT search for both structured water and vortexed water, both of which restore the energy we want to drink, and to use as the base water to mix out nutes

Calistrainhunte

I have an extensive water background. The devices said to provide alkaline water are pure marketing BS, much like the Blurple (red & blue) leds

Pure water is where you BEGIN, but all water that comes from municipal water supply is energetically DEAD.

Do a YT search for both structured water and vortexed water, both of which restore the energy we want to drink, and to use as the base water to mix out nutes

Thanks a bunch I'll be sure to look into it!

Calistrainhunte

Plants can only take a certain amount of ppm, everything that isnt a nutrient is like junk food, ro water allows your plants to get more of what they need. Steak and potatos with veggies vs. a bag of cheetos. If you use RO all the way through some people flush with calmag or use it the whole way through depending on strain.

Now this is where it gets interesting, I've been thinking a lot about how I adapt to the characteristics of the strain, do certain strains require less or more RO water?

I meant cal mag
Depending on nutrient line you use or the strain you run some get away with using it at flush or it has to be used at least unril wk3 of flower or further. You will know if they're deficient and if not look up some pics /descriptions and monitor your girls. As for how much they drink...I dont know...

Last edited:

LostTribe

Premium user
you guys are still posting on this threaD? Dont buy that crap he listed in post #1 its bunk! Que Feo! Basura es!

LT

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
ya beat me to it^^^^^.....yeehaw...I don't bother with ro when using organic soil..only use it for hydro...don't know anything bout vortex or structured water so I have no opinion....yeehaw my city water is 385ppm so I almost have to use ro or hardwater nutes for any hydro