What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

KaliChina and more...

mayan

Atavist
Veteran
Hey all...I wanted to start a thread that kinda tracks some of my Ace grows. I can only post sporadically but I wanted to share a couple of pics as we move along...

Starting out...here's some pics of Kali China at harvest. She actually went close to 80 days...shooting out pistils...I apologize for the ghastly lighting at the scene of the harvest, she's a beautiful plant. I know, I know they got a thing called photoshop but hey!

She was delightful to grow. I don't know much about either of her parents but it strikes me that she may have been leaning more toward the kali mist. Her top and branch tips are beautiful. The buds lower on the branches were much smaller than I expected. They were plentiful -and beautiful...just smaller. Much material for medical purposes.

I currently have a few Ace projects going...the last two photos are of a Panama Elite x Killer Malawi. I hope to have more to follow soon...Enjoy.

Attachments

• K_CH_WholeB.jpg
    K_CH_WholeB.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 25
  • K_CH_BudE.jpg
    K_CH_BudE.jpg
    179.6 KB · Views: 23
  • K_CH_BudF.jpg
    K_CH_BudF.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 25
  • K_CH_BudB.jpg
    K_CH_BudB.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 20
  • K_CH_BudG.jpg
    K_CH_BudG.jpg
    153.8 KB · Views: 29
  • killer malawi x panama elite2_15b.jpg
    killer malawi x panama elite2_15b.jpg
    144.3 KB · Views: 32
  • killer malawi x panama elite2_15a.jpg
    killer malawi x panama elite2_15a.jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 32

Terpene

I love the smell of cannabis in the morning
Veteran
Well those just look fantastic, I am now very excited for mine. :biggrin:

B

Baron Greenback

Lovely stuff. It's always nice to see some Ace stuff growing, gives me ideas for the future :)
Those Malawi x Panama sound fab.

mayan

Atavist
Veteran
Terpene!!!! Hey, man!

Waveguide...so nice to -um- "see" you!

Hi Baron Greenback -> thanks for the kind words. And -yeah- I'm slavering over the marriage on Pan x Mal.

somethingGooey -> I have vaped a small sample but I'm trying to exercise will-power before a while into the cure. I also made some kief - it's hard for me to characterize yet. I don't think I have her measure yet. She's very strong but I'm not sure what she's really made of yet. Soon come!

So -> the last photo of the pan x mal was taken around Feb. 15. Here she is this evening. I think the operative word is s-t-r-e-t-c-h.

attachment.php

The other photo is of a pan elite x angola. Very excited to be growing this one out, as well. She's a branchy one. Almost all of her flower sites have developed their own branches. Not quite sure of my approach with her yet...she was placed under 12/12 on February 18, so she still has some miles to go, I imagine.

Finally, I have a Pan female for which I don't have any photos. She's easily as tall as me - having put her under flower on Jan. 21, I hope her stretching is almost over. For the first time in my panama grows, I'm seeing pink tinges showing up on the roots of a good money pistils. I have never grown out a pink or red variety. Can anyone tell me what to expect in terms of difference in flower term or effect between this and the "green" panama?

Enjoy!

Attachments

• pan X mal.jpg
    pan X mal.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 24
  • pan X ang1.jpg
    pan X ang1.jpg
    127.2 KB · Views: 26

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Mayan!

It's a pleasure to see you posting back around here! :)

Your Kali China looks very nice, i like a lot her structure, its yield and flowering traits. The flowering structure is very chinese.

I'm surprised that your KC went up to 80 days of flowering ... we have tested dozens of parental plants from 5-6 Kali China different lines and they usually finish in 9 weeks of average. Only the KC 6 S1 line has a few taller and slow flowering sativa phenos, but this is not the most representative line of what i want for Kali China.

How were the aromas in late flowering ? Creamy, sweet and sour, mixed with tropical fruits ? Or darker hashy incensey ?

I'm glad to see you had the chance to start a few seeds from our latest hybrids ;)

Much love to you and your family! :huggg:

B

Baron Greenback

I like the show so far. It is always nice to see more sativas being grown. I think they are a bit more of a challenge (mainly to one's patience) and sometimes the yield is lower than an indica, but the standard of flower is its own reward.
Good luck for the rest of the grow, be nice to see some red/pink in those Panamas.

mayan

Atavist
Veteran
Hi dubi -> yeah...I don't know. I was going -in part- by the pistils. She kept kicking out the white pistils. I'm normally someone who errs on the side of early. This just didn't seem ready - although, who knows, maybe there were several windows of harvest and I just seized a later one. Harvest time - I have so much to learn!! The scent is...wait a sec, I happen to have a jar right here...It's um...oranges. Maybe orange rind. There's some other undertones. Not quite hashy. Maybe some other tropical fruit and a hint of...I don't know. I'll continue to try to suss it out.

kips0n...thanks! The plants are growing in 5 gallon pots (20 liters about?). Smart Pots.

Baron Greenback - glad you are enjoying. Yeah, I agree. I enjoy the challenge. Indicas have not been as much fun - HOWEVER, in order to grow out medicine for my son, I need plants high in THC, so I have been fooling around with indicas and high indica hybrids and I have been enjoying the hell out of them. I have really profoundly loved growing the Taskenti, Zamal Hashplant and a Zamal Warlock.

Well...thanks all for checking in!!

kips0n

Hi dubi -> yeah...I don't know. I was going -in part- by the pistils. She kept kicking out the white pistils. I'm normally someone who errs on the side of early. This just didn't seem ready - although, who knows, maybe there were several windows of harvest and I just seized a later one. Harvest time - I have so much to learn!! The scent is...wait a sec, I happen to have a jar right here...It's um...oranges. Maybe orange rind. There's some other undertones. Not quite hashy. Maybe some other tropical fruit and a hint of...I don't know. I'll continue to try to suss it out.

kips0n...thanks! The plants are growing in 5 gallon pots (20 liters about?). Smart Pots.

Baron Greenback - glad you are enjoying. Yeah, I agree. I enjoy the challenge. Indicas have not been as much fun - HOWEVER, in order to grow out medicine for my son, I need plants high in THC, so I have been fooling around with indicas and high indica hybrids and I have been enjoying the hell out of them. I have really profoundly loved growing the Taskenti, Zamal Hashplant and a Zamal Warlock.

Well...thanks all for checking in!!

thank you for answer, thats too big for me i plan max 11L,
now im planning fast auto grow with 5x 7L, we will see what happend

B

Baron Greenback

Looks like the high thc will be taken care of. On another thread, Dubi said that someone had tested their outdoor (!) Malawi at 28% - ridiculous.
Hopefully this will provide all the medicine you need for your son.
Good luck with the rest of the grow, looking forward to seeing some results :)

mayan

Atavist
Veteran
Hey, kips0n...I have had good luck with the 3 gallon (12 ml) Smart Pots. I will not go back to using plastic pots in flowering.

Thanks, Baron...rollin' up my sleeves and gettin' down to it! As to the Malawi...Sheesh! Pwew!

kips0n

Hey, kips0n...I have had good luck with the 3 gallon (12 ml) Smart Pots. I will not go back to using plastic pots in flowering.

Thanks, Baron...rollin' up my sleeves and gettin' down to it! As to the Malawi...Sheesh! Pwew!

i want to buy smartpots next time
;)

Kygiacomo!!!

AppAlachiAn OutLaW
Looks like the high thc will be taken care of. On another thread, Dubi said that someone had tested their outdoor (!) Malawi at 28% - ridiculous.
Hopefully this will provide all the medicine you need for your son.
Good luck with the rest of the grow, looking forward to seeing some results :)

i seen that thread..i really need to get the malwai but being at 37.5n im just now sure it would finish in time for me to be able to get anywhere near that potency may try one in the future though..im waiting for the bangi haze fems to come out so i can pick up a couple packs of those...im sure they will sale out fast given the success this strain has gain outdoors

@mayan very nice pic of the KC..that is one frosty nug!! well done brother :tiphat:

mayan

Atavist
Veteran
Oh, yeah....Kalbhairav, there's a special reclining chair with your name on it. Sit back...kick off shoes, etc. etc.

paulo73

Convicted for turning dreams into reality
Veteran
I´m gonna seat in the back, roll a fattie and wait for the Saty Ladies.
Thanks for sharing mayan.

mayan

Atavist
Veteran
hey, paulo73!!!! The pleasure is all mine! Great to see ya in these parts.

So, no photos tonight but let me assure you that there are goings on. The Panama is getting pinker - the flowers are not weighty at this point but their beauty is beguiling. The pink/red tinge is coming on - as are the trichomes. Beautiful scent - at least for me. I accidently brushed her and my hand was perfumed.

The Pan x Mal is about 30 days under 12/12 and her flowering is coming on. I don't know how much stretch she has in her but she's been moved to the floor. These flowers are like onion flowers (or something) -spherical puff balls. She's also shooting roots through the 5gall Smartpots vociferously.

The Pan x Angola is at about 19 days under 12/12 and is also beginning to flower -and stretch. She is insanely branchy...every flower node has formed its own branch. It's wild in there!! She looks like she's gonna be a wild ride.

I have a Kali China x Pan clone which has popped its roots. I have to decide whether I LST her or grow her out as a main cola type of plant. I think she was the top of the mom - the leafs/branches are all alternate. She might be very pretty (and manageable) as a single cola - but we'll see.

Anyhow, y'all...Enjoy!

mayan

Atavist
Veteran
Panama Feminized - 62 Days of 12/12

Panama Feminized - 62 Days of 12/12

Hey all...today was quiet so I decided to take the Panama Feminized outta the flower room for a quick walk-about and photo shoot. She's tall...she's rangy...the flowers are not heavy but they appear to be quite dense and just encrusted with resin.

The photos (as per usual) don't show her to her best advantage BUT the flowers are absolutely beautiful. Almost like a candy cane...red/pink and white pistils intermixed. Scent is a high treble citrus with a touch of cleanser somewhere in the background.

Absolutely, positvely mouthwatering. I didn't have any pictures of the whole plant but she's in the rear left in the flower room picture.

Attachments

• pan_bud_3.jpg
    pan_bud_3.jpg
    142 KB · Views: 21
  • pan_bud_4.jpg
    pan_bud_4.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 22
  • pan_bud1.jpg
    pan_bud1.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 24
  • pan_buds_1.jpg
    pan_buds_1.jpg