What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Fucking Bullshit - Mrs. MPD Diagnosed with Stage IV Lung & Liver Cancer

mpd

Lammen Gorthaur
Veteran
Okay, so we are fucked. She has two tumors in her left lung and multiple low-density tumors in her liver. This makes her a Stage IV patient and from what I am reading, her expectations are to not be around for Christmas.

I am absolutely devastated.

I know, I know. I've talked about her end-stage emphysema here and on other boards extensively and I knew she didn't have a whole lot of time left, but to get slapped in the face with this one was just terrible. She is scared and broke my heart by saying she is not ready to die. What can you say to that? We have had 29 years together. 29 of them. We raised 6 kids and we have the 11 grandkids and now it is time to pay the man and nobody wants to anty up in this game.

I will start a grow today but I will have to figure out how to get the necessary meds in the near-term for the hemp oil treatments and other use. I don't want her to smoke it as that will irritate her lungs more and we don't need that I think, but I read the research on the effectiveness of pot on Small Cell Lung Cancer that has gotten out of control and is not expected to respond to chemo. So it is what it is.

I'm dying a little today. I don't have the words to make her know it is going to be okay. She is worried about me being alone in this big house with all the bills and the whole nine yards. I think I have a hard year ahead of me.

BrownThumb

I am sorry the song has to end. I often think about how the people I love passing will affect me and wonder how I will handle it. I suspect your writing about it is a good healthy way to help deal with it.

I know it's late in the game, but have you tried the extract from the Thundergod vine? I know it's not widely accepted as a cure, but I would try anything if it were me or mine. It can be had from China in pill form and in the proper dosage. It is serious stuff, so you need to be careful when you take it or very bad things can happen, but it is supposed to be effective in killing cancers. FWIW.

mpd

Lammen Gorthaur
Veteran
Thank you all. I will check into Thundergod vine, BT.

I'm not wanting the song to end. Just last night though I was listening to The Black Parade from My Chemical Romance. The song Cancer stuck in my mind. Now it is all too real for me.

G

greenmatter

sorry mpd

i wish that didn't sound so fucking hollow but i'm all out of magic words

i hope you both find some peace

Chimera

Genetic Resource Management
Veteran
You are in our thoughts mpd, we're sending our collective energies your way.
Strength and light, you'll get through this. Someone reminded me the other day that we are only given challenges to which we can rise to meet.

If you are concerned about the smoke can I suggest vape so you can get some cannabinoids direct to the tumor sites in her lungs? Also, an ethanol extract, brownies/edibles or olive oil infusion taken orally will get some thc or cbd direct to the liver.

Sending you positive vibes through the ether,
-Chimera & family

astartes

So sorry to hear of the troubles your family is going through, mpd. Cherish the memories you've had together and make as many new ones as you can.

a.

strass

That sucks big time. I can only give you a tip.
Look into Psychedelics (mushrooms/ayahuasca) it has helped me and my terminally ill friend even more to accept the end.

Positive vibes to your family.

mpd

Lammen Gorthaur
Veteran
Yeah, I have a batch of mushies going into fruiting right now, so I am going to suggest it to her and see what she says. But I am going to focus strongly on our favorite herb to help battle these tumors and keep it all under control. Poor thing. She was crying that she wasn't ready to die. It broke my fucking heart.

Twisted pleasur

Veteran
Re: Fucking Bullshit - Mrs. MPD Diagnosed with Stage IV Lung & Liver Cancer

Very Sorry. Your all in our thoughts and prayers. Makes us realize how fragile it all is. Keep your head up and be strong my friend.

T~P

northstate

ICMag Donor
Not a whole lot to say that would not sound clich'e at this point, but there are three more people who are sending you and yours positive thoughts. Family strength.

miscbrah3284

Veteran
very sorry to hear this man...im not making this about me but that really got to me emotionally. u think u have no affect on others lives and that people dont care, yet i have no problem admitting that reading that made me cry. ive never met you and dont know you or your family, but nothing makes me more sad then when people are forced to be put thru this.

Im sorry you have to go through this, it's not fucking fair at all.

Please dont feel like you have to answer but i was wondering if this was something that came out of nowhere or whether she has had previous problems before and it had now become more advanced?

I wish u the best, good to see you looking into hemp oil. Start it immediately !