What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

incredibly slow flowering OG Kush#18

Hey there everyone.

I have an OG#18 that is now 6 weeks into budding and looking attrocious at best.

Has anyone got any experience with this strain?
Did you find that it did eventually form proper buds?

At most all Im getting is long stems of little finger nail sized buds.
I estimate if she doesnt get much bigger I will yield less than half an O off of 4 plants sorounding a 400 CMH.

I am not kidding! Majorly dissapointed!
If she needs another 6 weeks to look good or even 8 I will give it to her, but Im starting to panic that I will get nothing off of her!

OG.jpg

never grown it myself but have some friends that do. i have plenty of experience smoking it...some really tastey and highly potent shit! but yea, i probably can't answer your question. all i know is that it takes 10 weeks to grow it to it's full potential, but my homies usually cut it down at 8 weeks cause they say it doesn't put on any more weight in those 2 weeks...all though it does produce hella more resin during those 2 weeks. i wish they would grow it the full 10 weeks, cause it's way better.

I grow this, and am in the process of phasing it out. Unreliable phenos, weird growing characteristics, had a similar problem, buds never really bulked up, smoke was good, not too many trichs, had a great smell and taste, but I have much better strains in the garden.

Throw a HPS on there and you will get some more bulk, but don't hope for too much. If you want OG kush, get an original cut, or just forget the hype and find something else. There are much better strains out there than OG.

They look like they have at least 4 weeks left, the HPS will definitely help fatten it up

BadRabbit

I grew it early this year and did not get any good plants. There's lot of great reports, but they're all pretty much from a year or two ago, of the recent grows posted, lots of crap.

Cheers, yeah Im starting to realise these girls are gona be a bit shit! I lost my job recently and was relying on these girls, but oh well. They're approximately 7 weeks in today, I will leave them till they look ready but yeah they're a disaster! I highly reccomend people stay away from this shit!

I put 4 GHS Chem dogs in 2 weeks ago and so I'll wait and see what I get off them.

Chronage

Scholastic Warrior
Cheers, yeah Im starting to realise these girls are gona be a bit shit! I lost my job recently and was relying on these girls, but oh well. They're approximately 7 weeks in today, I will leave them till they look ready but yeah they're a disaster! I highly reccomend people stay away from this shit!

I put 4 GHS Chem dogs in 2 weeks ago and so I'll wait and see what I get off them.

Sorry for your loss of time and effort bro. That is some serious bullshit man, I'm sorry, I'd be fuckin furious. I'm flowering now and I had a bog SSK that was just shit. Slow growth, very small/minimal budding, I cut the shit down for wasting space/light. Course I was lucky enough to have other strains already going that could take that weasels space.

Tony Sativa

They look to tall for just a 400 watts to be flowering. I've used cmh for veg but never for flower. I'd at least put a 600 hps to try to save the grow I know that cmh doesn't yield as much as hps so it might be the cmh 400 not just the strain. How tall are they ?

señorsloth

Veteran
my og from reserva privada went a minimum of 12 weeks, for all phenotypes, and yes at 6 weeks they looked similar to that, small buds, somewhere between the size of marbles and golf balls, spaced 6 or 8 inches appart on the stem, they finish as dense little golf balls...i decided it wasn't worth the time or space, but it is probably the most potent strain ive ever tried, and the most amazing lemon fuel smell when flowered a full 12 weeks

greenluv707

pit wisper/ rare strain collector
never had a problem with her........ your crazy to flower any ogz without the proper light gettin to her.......

i would never flower any of my ogz under anything but 1000's.

none of them will yeild for you if you dont give them the light they demand. still have og18th from when they first hit the set im thinkin about 3 years ago.....

there are different phenos in there,and some are shit but when you find that special one you'll see.

great medical smoke,numbrrrr.......:thank you:

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have this as a freebie from Cali Connection. Have heard this one is not great but was good a few years back. I will know more when I run it next time.