What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

New, Homeade, Safe, and Super effective pest killer!

I've never seen anything like this done, so I figured I would post about it.

Everybody knows how effective THC itself is as a insecticide. I've seen insects die instantly when they touched my super dank ressiny buds.

Though, the problem is, a lot of plants are attacked on the leaves, where THC content is low. At least, this is most pest.

I introduce to you: HASH OIL INSECTISIDE.

Hash oil is very very sticky itself.

I had a spider mite infestation on my plant so I got curious. After making hash oil the previous week for the first time and realizing how painfully sticky and hard to handle and clean off you it is.. I got an idea. Hash oil on clothing will never come off unless rinsed vigorously with an alcohol based solution.

There are 2 forms of hash oil. The form you get right after you extract it with a butane flush in a cylindrical pipe, is the more solid form. It's like goo, still oil, but still very sticky.

When you dilute this goo in an alcohol based solution and heat it(I heated the pyrex dish it was in on a skillet at 300-300 F), the carboxyl group will evaporate. The COOH/Carboxyl group is the same group you want to destroy when you are making edibles. Evaporating this group essentially makes the THC Completely active.

After the COOH group is evaporated and the THC is completely active, it looses it's solid form. It's practically pure oil. It will not stick together like a gunky solid, but it is still very sticky.

Once you have this oily form of pure active THC. You dilute it in rubbing alcohol, and pour it in a spray bottle. Shake the bottle vigerously. Shaking before use is important because if left to sit the THC particles will attract to eachother, and this could clog your bottle.

Congrats. You now have a bottle that when sprayed on any insect will kill them, by getting them extremely high. When sprayed on plants, the alcohol will evaporate into the sun very quickly, and left behind will be a thin film of THC oil, that will NOT wash off in the rain.

Any insect that touches your sprayed leaves will die, except for the few that THC has no effect on them. Bud worms ewww.

Anyways, I coated my plants with this, it did no harm to them, and it completely got rid of my spider mite infestation. I sprayed every square inch of the plants. The alcohol will not damage the plants as it evaporates very quickly and is not on long enough to do any harm.

It has been 10 days and I have no seen a single spider mite. I know the power of THC in disabling insects so I can only wonder more what else this solution can do.

Talk about organic pesticides haha

I can only wonder that since THC oil has such powerful healing effect on the human body and cancerous cells... if it could also be used to cure plant diseases if THC is absorbed in every inch of the plant

Now, I'll say this in advanced. Don't spray this on all your plants until you have tested it on one. I figure it's all safe in theory since alcohol evaporates quickly, but I only tested it on a few plants that were just random seeds from almost dank weed. Not sure if it matters. But it doesn't hurt to have multiple people testing it!

interesting discovery, I'd like to try this but can't bring myself to use hash as a spray rather than smoke lol

Use trimmings bro.

1 ounce of potent dry trimmings can produce nearly 3g of hash oil. To put that into perspective. I price hash oil at $100/g. ~.5g of hash oil from 3.5g of very potent weed.

And in the amounts i'm talking about, you would only need a extremely small amount of oil.

I put probably .2g of COOH-Free hash oil into a bottle with an eye'd out amount of rubbing alcohol. That's hardly anything, and it last a long time.

foomar

Luddite
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Everybody knows how effective THC itself is as a insecticide. I've seen insects die instantly when they touched my super dank ressiny buds.

THC is actually a very poor insecticide with little activity , and insects cannot get high.

Spraying with meths , alcohol or iso is an old proven method of control which does minimal to no damage if done properly , adding extract will not improve the kill and will leave leaf surfaces acidic , and increase the chance of PM.

A fine mist that just wets the surface without run off works best , kills by suffocation and loosens the glue that holds mite eggs to the leaf , too wet for too long dissolves the surface of the leaf causeing cosmetic damage that usually recovers , will of course also remove any trichomes wetted , so keep well away from your super dank ressiny buds

Suggest you test spray one with the mix and one with straight alcohol , both we be equally effective.

Latest posts

Latest posts