What's new

Day 59 flower pix 1000-watt true living organics

Just finishing up my first totally organic cycle (nothing out of a bottle, recycled amended soil, homemade compost & tea, etc.)

Did 4 plants in 5 gallons in a Secret Jardin - the results are pretty sexy - not gigantic, but that's about what I expected from my first organic run.

First up is Ghost Train Haze #5 from Rare Dankness Seed Company - if I'm remembering correctly, this is ([SFV OG x [Ghost OG x [Arcata Trainwreck x Neville's Haze]]] x [Arcata Trainwreck x Neville's Haze]).

Out of the 6-pack of beans I popped, only one survived my heavy-handed planting - LUCKILY, she turned out to be female. She showed signs of being leggy/stretchy right off the bat, so I did a lot of pinching and bending to control her canopy, which resulted in two sickle-shaped branches that curved out from the main stem, then cut back across the middle. These branches popped nice kushy nugs their whole length (as you can see below) - the rest didn't do so bad either. She'll be running another week or so, and if I can convince my wife to take another round of shots, I'll post em here :)

These are the pinched & bent branches:
picture.php

Here's just one of em:
picture.php

In this one, you can see the blue painter's tape I use to support the branches when I pinch & bend:
picture.php

Some another shot of GTH #5:

picture.php

Next up - Bubba's Trainwreck Haze from Rare Dankness Seed Co. This is Bubba Kush (Katsu Cut) x [Arcata Trainwreck x Neville's Haze].

Out of 6 beans I popped, I got 3 females representing 2-3 different phenotypes - one is a rich purple, one is a standard green (but massive yielder), and one is mostly green with pink hues.

Here's the purple pheno:
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Any tips on upping my yields? Doesn't look like I'll do badly by any means, but I always read the Rev saying he's matching or exceeding his hydro yields in TLO

heady blunts

prescription blunts
Veteran
hey IB those are some pretty plants you've got there.

appreciate the dedication to organic soil :tiphat:

i just ordered a pack of the bubba's TW haze #1, plus a GTH#1 and Cougar piss.

have you had the chance to smoke your BTWH#1 yet? i'd love a smoke report!

O

organic_fanatic

A couple tips for upping your yields...

• Less is more...I get by with a couple light, balanced teas (no guano) and straight RO water, with no Cal/Mag added.
  • Homemade organic fert spikes kick ass!! They will cover all your nutrient needs for your entire grow.
  • If using the Rev's TLO mix, dilute it heavily....seriously. For sativas I would maybe use 25% TLO mix and indicas maybe 50, but 25% would probably work better. The spikes and dry nutes on the floor will cover all angle from a nutritional standpoint.
  • Re-inoculate with myco (add to tea an hour or so before use) at least once in mid flower. It doesn't take much to piss off the fungi in your soil. This is why I stopped using guanos in teas and Top dressings, too much available P will piss them off big time, causing all sorts of problems, including smaller buds.
  • Let your pots dry out, not to the point of wilting, but until the bottom leaves start to droop. This will cause what is called a bloom/bust cycle. A lot of the microbeasties will die and become immobilized nutes. The new crop of beasties will then come in, mobilize the nutes and feed your plants....I think lol, I'm still learning too.

Good luck man, looks like you had a nice first run. It will just keep getting better and better though.

-OF

A couple tips for upping your yields...

• Less is more...I get by with a couple light, balanced teas (no guano) and straight RO water, with no Cal/Mag added.
  • Homemade organic fert spikes kick ass!! They will cover all your nutrient needs for your entire grow.
  • If using the Rev's TLO mix, dilute it heavily....seriously. For sativas I would maybe use 25% TLO mix and indicas maybe 50, but 25% would probably work better. The spikes and dry nutes on the floor will cover all angle from a nutritional standpoint.
  • Re-inoculate with myco (add to tea an hour or so before use) at least once in mid flower. It doesn't take much to piss off the fungi in your soil. This is why I stopped using guanos in teas and Top dressings, too much available P will piss them off big time, causing all sorts of problems, including smaller buds.
  • Let your pots dry out, not to the point of wilting, but until the bottom leaves start to droop. This will cause what is called a bloom/bust cycle. A lot of the microbeasties will die and become immobilized nutes. The new crop of beasties will then come in, mobilize the nutes and feed your plants....I think lol, I'm still learning too.

Good luck man, looks like you had a nice first run. It will just keep getting better and better though.

-OF

Thanks for all the advice, bro! I actually decided to cut the guanos out of my tea this cycle, so we'll see - so far they're looking very happy in week 4 :). I don't use the rev's mix - been tweaking a recipe with a few friends - but I did try his spike method on 1 of 2 of the same pheno - so far not much diff, but I'm looking forward to the head-to-head in a few weeks

plantevil

i grow organically and i pull off some nice yields. plenty of co2, molasses,moving or removing some fan leaves blocking buds, topping depending on strain and scrog scrog scrog lol i also let the soil dry out once in a while to get more oxygen to the roots.

hey IB those are some pretty plants you've got there.

appreciate the dedication to organic soil :tiphat:

i just ordered a pack of the bubba's TW haze #1, plus a GTH#1 and Cougar piss.

have you had the chance to smoke your BTWH#1 yet? i'd love a smoke report!

Yo Heady - dunno how I missed your reply before!

The Bubba's TW Haze phenos I popped are each unique - one's a sweet haze wreck pheno - you'll pull one of these guys out of just about every 6-pack of RD gear - these are big yielders with a sweet lemon haze flavor/aroma and a balanced sativa high (pure train wreck tends to get me paranoid, but that doesn't happen with the cross). This pheno seems to be the fan favorite - had a 6 person dinner party, rolled a 2 gram joint, and was puffin on it solo once it was about half done because everyone else tapped out.

My favorite though is a pheno that'll exhibit weird/funky (bubba-esque) leaf growth in veg and start purpling about 1/2 way thru flower. I'm still dialing in the color change, but I got her to dark eggplant last round. This pheno STINKS - I described the aroma as the rotting carcass of a dead dog who ate nothing but rancid milk and dirty diapers for his short, terrible life. Seriously - every time she blooms, I think there's something dead or very wrong in my garden. I nicknamed this pheno Kimbo Slice for her pure knockout power. Even seasoned s,overs think twice about packing a second bowl.

I think you'll be real happy with the GTH#1 and Cougar Piss - that #1 is unbelievably potent - not necessarily the tastiest, but capable of dropping suckaz, and though I've never had the CP, the Catpiss that Moon* bred it with is one of my faves in his garden.

Latest posts

Latest posts