What's new

canoeing leaves

S

SeaMaiden

Too little information, the photo takes me to a page that shows a url but no plants. There's really no way to help you except to suggest tweaking your temps and relative humidity. Learn about vapor pressure deficit.

S

superBOB

Hey mate

What about now? Just edited my album from private to public. I think it should work now.

Anyway, i just snapped another quick picture of the lady.

Here she is:

S

SeaMaiden

They shouldn't be heat stressed at a temp of 23C, though in relation to the relative humidity the vapor pressure deficit is low. The lower leaves in one of those shots look pretty good, and don't show the burned tips that typically present immediately prior to an overfeeding situation.

So all that is going to say that the plants appear to be overfed and heat stressed, but by the parameters you've mentioned they should not be.

Is it the top growth only that's showing this canoeing? Too dark a green usually indicates a N+, but like I mentioned, usually the leaf tips burn first.

Running your numbers through the calculator and your VPD isn't so out of range as I thought it might be, but it still has room for improvement. Increasing relative humidity can achieve a better VPD, and that might cause those upper leaves to flatten back out, but I can't say for certain because of the reported parameters.

I would give water only for the next week or two, then reassess. Make sure it's at the proper pH.

S

superBOB

They shouldn't be heat stressed at a temp of 23C, though in relation to the relative humidity the vapor pressure deficit is low. The lower leaves in one of those shots look pretty good, and don't show the burned tips that typically present immediately prior to an overfeeding situation.

So all that is going to say that the plants appear to be overfed and heat stressed, but by the parameters you've mentioned they should not be.

Is it the top growth only that's showing this canoeing? Too dark a green usually indicates a N+, but like I mentioned, usually the leaf tips burn first.

Running your numbers through the calculator and your VPD isn't so out of range as I thought it might be, but it still has room for improvement. Increasing relative humidity can achieve a better VPD, and that might cause those upper leaves to flatten back out, but I can't say for certain because of the reported parameters.

I would give water only for the next week or two, then reassess. Make sure it's at the proper pH.

Hey, thanks a lot for your detailed answer. I will try to hold the largest distance posible from the sick plant to the lamp. And i'll try to water with clean ph'ed water. The answer sounds very qualified
to me, and i'll start on the water diet from next water session. I think shes gonna be happy again! :comfort:

Thanks again:tiphat:

anytime I had that happen it was from too much N, I would stop feeding them and the leaves would recover. I found it to happen on sativa dominant plants as yours appears to be.

S

superBOB

anytime I had that happen it was from too much N, I would stop feeding them and the leaves would recover. I found it to happen on sativa dominant plants as yours appears to be.

I'm growing Barneys farm - LSD.
It is a 80% indica 20% sativa. I'll try just to water them for the first few days :)

stihgnobevoli

Veteran
can't tell much from one picture of one leaf. show us the whole plant please. looks like it could be nitrogen toxicity or phos def. like i said need to see the whole plant. did it start only on the top of the plant or only the oldest leaves, or the young ones? is that the only issue?

canoeing that goes upwards if from heat. canoeing that goes downwards is over watering. notice how soft/limp the leaf looks? that is over watering.

S

SeaMaiden

I disagree. Every time I've had heat stressed cannabis plants the leaves canoe downward and in on themselves. The only time I've seen them "curl" up it's always been more like pointing straight up, i.e. tumescence, i.e. happy girls. Jungle's suggestion of too much N could also be a strong possibility, again IME.

stihgnobevoli

Veteran
can't tell what it is from the pics, but i can tell you first and foremost that is NOT what overwatering looks like. nitrogen overdose on first glance, or phosphorous def. or ph might be off which would also lead to those first things i mentioned. but like i said can't tell shit from one picture of one leaf. whole plant please.

the gnome

Veteran
Ph controls so much,
whats the Ph of your soil?
do you Ph your water/nutes?
what the runoff Ph?
Ph should always be 1st on your checklist when any probs come up imo.

. but like i said can't tell shit from one picture of one leaf. whole plant please.
yup

like i said need to see the whole plant. did it start only on the top of the plant or only the oldest leaves, or the young ones? is that the only issue?

and more info needed also

S

superBOB

I think its the N+. as the leaves startet to canoeing after being fed. problem should should solve after 1 week watering only.

I'll keep you guys updated..

UPDATE:: THis is how she looks now! gave her clean phed water, 10% came out the buttom

Last edited:

nephrosis

Shweet, i changed up my soil to some better organic soil after seeing this post and by god do they look better! im using Ednas best potting soil ( E.B. stone organics ) has mycorrhizal fungi <-- shits nuts!, earthworm castings, kelp meal, bat gueano, and feather meal+ other stuff. This stuff is like liquid steroids, grew a good 4 inches after i used this stuff :)

ty, last soil i had, it had way too much N

S

superBOB

Hey boys.

Here she is, this is the plant we're all talking about... been watering with phed water only since i posted the topic..

Rolldaddy

@ Seamaiden

Will you please explain VPD to me?

I have never had any issues with humidity. My new room has been fairly dry and I was told that it could affect my yield. I am currently in veg and my humidity has been ranging from 20 to 50. I know it's a low for veg but I think it's ok for bloom. I have also always thought that it is better to have low humidity than for it to be high.

I am not familiar with VPD so since I am missing something I would greatly appreciate it if you could fill me in on that

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I would agree with over watering/feeding. I have seen this on plants I over watered. I Stopped watering so often problem went away. It could be more then 1 thing causing this.. I have also seen it on plants that had bad PH and very high EC readings from the runoff.