What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Finding Ethiopian strain.

SuperStoned

Male

Female

I just have these two going at the moment. the female has been repotted and put into my flowering room and the male is just ready to drop his pollen. I planted just a few seeds to see how they grow as i they have a reputation of being more difficult to grow. So far so good ish, i will do a diary when i start the rest.

Thule

Dr. Narrowleaf
Veteran
Woah!! Those must be the thinnest and longest fingers I've ever seen on a plant!

SuperStoned said:
Male

Female

I just have these two going at the moment. the female has been repotted and put into my flowering room and the male is just ready to drop his pollen. I planted just a few seeds to see how they grow as i they have a reputation of being more difficult to grow. So far so good ish, i will do a diary when i start the rest.

Ouuu, you have very good luck, this strain is special, i was searching seeds but " bud luck" you know any site that have this strain??

Thanks for show it. :wave:

G

Alfred Cannaria, goggle vibescollective and find your graal in the forum :)

G

I have 5 Ethiopian Highland beans from a friend, I will start them soon and hopefully find a good male and female to make more.

Warrior13

I have some EH seeds man you can have for free, free postage also, only enough for..

I have some EH seeds man you can have for free, free postage also, only enough for..

Alfred-cannaria said:
:wave: :wave:

Peace and love for all.

...this geezer though (wave)...cannot compute.... cosmic consciousness, cannot compute...

Hi presumably you are aware of the culture requirements of the Eithiopian Highland - its quite tricky. I would say just use ordinary soil - no added anything, and it doesn't like soaking soil...it likes dry dry soil brother, so you're in the right place to grow EH! the ultimate cosmic head trio strain.

JESUS CHRIST JESUS CHRIST JESUS CHRIST!

HALLALULLA HALLALULLA HALLALULLA!

I have some EH! seeds if you still want some - PM me.

TanzanianMagic

Veteran
Ethiopian Highland

Ethiopian Highland

Alfred-cannaria said:
Hi people, i,m sarching a Ethiopian strain, but African seed closed some years ago. This strain is very special and mistical for me, it´s something spiritual, i need to find some seeds of Ethiopian strain, i know it´s very dificult, but if someone have any information i would be very very very very very very happy. Thanks for all friends.

Peace and love for all.

Try SeedsDirect.To of Gypsy Nirvana, which still has the African Seeds strains (except Tanzanian Magic). They still have Ethiopian Highland.

grandsrin

Hi all
Is some one as some more info about this strain. I just put a hand on it and i m looking for info.:thank you:

It seam to be a good sat so :abduct:

GS

TanzanianMagic

Veteran
Hi people, i,m sarching a Ethiopian strain, but African seed closed some years ago. This strain is very special and mistical for me, it´s something spiritual, i need to find some seeds of Ethiopian strain, i know it´s very dificult, but if someone have any information i would be very very very very very very happy. Thanks for all friends.

Peace and love for all.

Check out the Average Seed Company (google: "the average seed company"), which have an Ethiopian Highland F2, which I am growing right now, and for a very good price.

The seeds seem very authentic so far. All the seeds are as homogenous as clones, as can be expected from a long inbred landrace.

THCengineer

There are 5, bushy, 6" to 9" (they have all doubled in height duringtheir third week), three-week old happy little "ACE Regular Ethiopian" seedlings thriving in my 2'x2'x3' cab. A low-heat, full spectrum 400w vertical mounted Inda-Gro lamp, along with 2 - 40w fluorescent walmart shoplights, and 4 - 17w walmart growlight fluorescents, and Mylar lining, provides intense light saturation. (I wonder if these little cannabis spirits are growing and expanding so rapidly because they think that they are "living it up" in their familiar, sunny Ethiopian homeland?) I also germinated 2 - "Ace Mix" and 2 - "Afg#1" freebies, and I plan to pollinate all ensuing females, whatever their strain, with some 4 - month old "Zamaldelica" unopened, possibly immature (therefore non-viable) pollen sacs I saved in the fridge, but if that does not work, then I will just allow any of the Ethiopian males that appear to do their thing. I already have 2 special and distinctive Zam x Zam seeded phenos from my recent 12/28/2016 harvest, and the crosses from my present grow will add several more, so I should have some interesting genetics to explore and enjoy, despite my very limited grow area.

My motivation was my obsession with wanting to experience the legendary high of an additional exotic sativa besides the exquisite Zamaldelica. So, after days of dedicated online searching, I finally settled on the enchanting Ethiopian strain. This unique, never-crossed, pure IBL gem readily appealed to me. I was irresistibly attracted to interact with the mystique, mythology, and magickal lore swirling about this holy plant. The fabulous historical provenance of the mysterious ancient kingdom of Ethiopia and the Rift Valley with which this sacred herb is associated intrigued me. (((This reputedly supernatural shangri-la of sorts is considered by some researchers to be the original Proto-Eden-birthplace of all humanity.))) Curiously, the biblical Queen of Sheba, who also appears (unnamed) in the Quran and is claimed by the Ethiopians as theirs, famously brought gold and "spices" to King Solomon, circa 950 BC. But what exactly did she bring and where was she from? For further speculation concerning ancient Ethiopian cannabis see: http://www.cannabisculture.com/conte...-Shebas-Spices - Was Marijuana One of The Queen of Sheba’s Spices? - and - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAIcuDSOx0w - The Real Queen of Sheba

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
If this is the same as the Ethiopian strain I have been reading on, then it is really Tanzanian in origin. It has been grown by Rastas in Ethiopia for some time now.

I have my sativas under 10,000 K fluorescent lights now to finish, with a lizard cfl in there a bit now and then. Read up on Inda-Gro and it seems interesting but I am invested in what I have now.

Gonna have to have this now. Sounds like a very kind, easy going sativa with possibility to have some spiritual effects.

lilburley

I have one pack of ethiopian highland bohdi, from some years back. no home for them at this time, but I would love to grow her out someday. sighhh such is life, sometimes

THCengineer

ACE Ethiopian!

ACE Ethiopian!

ACE Seeds now have an Ethiopian Highland on sale. Apparently very high in THCA.

Google: "ethiopian standard" aceseeds

Believe it or not, it was only a 6 day delivery time from sunny Spain to freezing Dixieland! Now that's what I call speedy! Thanks dubi and Sally! :wave:

Rastas went to Ethiopia years ago I think the place is called sashema or something like that , Tanzanian Magic was a strain that was dwarf auto flowering pencil thin leaf pure sativa there is an autobiography of a rasta man who had a commune in Jamaica and the Rastas grew weed there in the 30 s thnk his last name was Howell . The Ethiopian could be from Tanzania or an old Rasta strain from Jamaica .