What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What is your TAP WATER PPM?

Core

Quality Control Controller
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i got myself a ec meter and i measured my water i also have around 650 and got 8.1 ph..ii must say it is straight from the tap....is this bad for the plants?
ohw i am a soil boy....

stikky budz

At the moment its coming out at ph6.8 and too low a ppm to register on my "truncheon".

When my water supplier switches resevoirs (as they seem to do every now n then when the main res must be low - i dunno) it will come out at ph7.2 and 210ppm.

hybridtek

damn you guys have some high ppm, when I switched to hydro I thought my 80ppm wouls be a problem. it turns out its been cool. My buddy has 15ppm out of the faucet, lucky bastard!

DeadlyFoez

I got about 85 ppm and ph around 7.3 - 6.5. I'm happy with that, I haven't checked its messurements after letting it sit out for a bit.

zeke99

100 ppm on the Hanna scale, .2 EC and equally as important, the alkalinity is 70 ppm. It's wonderful for growing; so easy to work with.

Phases

At my old place my water was .2/100ppm and about 6.8

Just moved out of town and my water is .8 - 7.5ph. Terrible. Been filling up 5 gal jugs of RO water. Thankfully just up street there is a 24h place to fill up RO $3/5 gal.

Looks like I'll be in the market for an RO machine soon!

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
380, 8.0.....always ran ro but trying a tall boy this round instead and no longer supplementing calmag. Hoping it works.

B

bigganjabud

Right it's 0.2ec and according to Google that's 100ppm apparently also its 6.4ph at the min

Latest posts

Latest posts