What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Sessions greenlights police to seize cash, property from people suspected of crimes..

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
just reading that Trump is furious to put it mildly over Sessions saving his own back over the Russia thing,,,,
From reading this it would appear Sessions days are numbered,,,,
Trump openly saying "he would never have hired him",,,,
Bye Bye Sessions,,,,s2

EasyGoing

You guys know, Obama was really bad at this right? This isn't a Trump/Sessions thing. This is a corrupt government through all the levels. Wake up people, been going on for a long time.

Pull your heads out of your asses and stop blaming the people in power at the moment. The two party system is killing America, and dividing us on stupid shit.

MagniKhan

Veteran
just reading that Trump is furious to put it mildly over Sessions saving his own back over the Russia thing,,,,
From reading this it would appear Sessions days are numbered,,,,
Trump openly saying "he would never have hired him",,,,
Bye Bye Sessions,,,,s2

Good point but I think with all things considered Trump won't be able to replace him without a complete shit storm over the Russia investigation. I bet he saves the shit show for Mueller and or McCabe. If he take the chance at all. It is hard to say with all of the irrational statements and actions.

The long and the short is,I believe that he will be in longer than any of us would like. Congress is maybe the best hope in stopping this particular action.

http://www.politico.com/magazine/st...-just-revived-a-policy-nobody-supports-215395

The editors at the National Review have a dim view of also...http://www.nationalreview.com/artic...-forfeiture-plans-conservatives-should-oppose

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
You guys know, Obama was really bad at this right? This isn't a Trump/Sessions thing. This is a corrupt government through all the levels. Wake up people, been going on for a long time.

Pull your heads out of your asses and stop blaming the people in power at the moment. The two party system is killing America, and dividing us on stupid shit.

!000% correct. I debate politics a lot on facebook. Hiliary and DNC are the same as the GOP, except a few social issues. DNC = gay/woman/anti-gun. GOP = no abortion/pro-gun/no womens rights. Everything else horrible, they love together. I do not think political conversation is tolerated here, but have thousands of articles and memes.

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
Our fore-fathers would have lynched our entire government, and whoever defended them.

Green Squall

It is a Trump/Session's thing. They just undid this.....

"Two years ago, then-Attorney General Eric H. Holder Jr. barred state and local police from using federal law to seize cash and other property without criminal charges or warrants."

rootfingers

For real, the right is out ahead of these articles by creating false equivalencies in people's minds before the fallout even begins. #s ad

EasyGoing

It is a Trump/Session's thing. They just undid this.....

"Two years ago, then-Attorney General Eric H. Holder Jr. barred state and local police from using federal law to seize cash and other property without criminal charges or warrants."

Yea, you are right. This particular advance in the policy is the Trump/Sessions thing. Doesn't mean the federal government hasn't been doing this for a very long time, and the Obama admin did it more than any president before him.

My point, is the people that hate on trump just because they like to hate on trump, are not taking into context the entirety of the problem. This has been going on for a very long time, and this little advance is just the cherry on the top. Asset Forfeiture is a big government problem, not just a Trump problem. :tiphat:

EasyGoing

Just a question Green Squall......... Do you think Obama and Holder didn't allow feds to take your stuff? You would rather have a fed than a local cop? That law only states that local and state officials, yet the feds took over a billion in asset forfeitures. Funny how just a little change in wording can make people feel better, but the final outcome is none the different.

MagniKhan

Veteran
Yea, you are right. This particular advance in the policy is the Trump/Sessions thing. Doesn't mean the federal government hasn't been doing this for a very long time, and the Obama admin did it more than any president before him.

My point, is the people that hate on trump just because they like to hate on trump, are not taking into context the entirety of the problem. This has been going on for a very long time, and this little advance is just the cherry on the top. Asset Forfeiture is a big government problem, not just a Trump problem. :tiphat:

So in order to put something in action we must hold the people that are not in office accountable?
Or since we didn't hold past administrations accountable we shouldn't even talk about it now?

And my from what I can see from threads here Trump fan boi's can't handle even the slightest examination of their hero.

And back to Sessions, YES he is changing current policy set by the Obama admin to resume using Civil Forfeiture in drug cases in a "War on Drug" manor. It is a change that very few in government want on either side of the isle.

So to imply that this is a same old same old just a different boss is a excuse.

Last edited:

EasyGoing

MagniKhan...... I clearly state it's a bad thing, that the Trump admin has advanced. I am not in denial, nor am I a Trump fan.

To answer your questions:

So in order to put something in action we must hold the people that are not in office accountable? No. In order to understand the full context of how something got started, and how it's being progressed one must not only hold the current offender accountable, everybody must be held accountable. When one blames only Trump, when the pendulum swings, the next guy will be a dem and nobody on the left will care. Two party system, get it?

Or since we didn't hold past administrations accountable we shouldn't even talk about it now? No, we need to hold everybody accountable. Not just the left with Trump, not just the right with Barry.

Not that hard really?

EasyGoing

Let me give you a example of how changing the name or the leader doesn't help the overall problem:

Asbestos, banned and killed people. They changed the name to John's Mansville, and they now sell fiberglass insulation and other hazardous material. Only difference? New company and better lawyers.

Now would you guys ignore the Esbestoes company of the past just because it has a new name killing people? NO! You hold everybody accountable.

OldPhart

First off Sessions is a dinosaur that needs to just go away, but there are larger issues out there. Let me put my tinfoil hat on for a minute... There are private people and companies out there pulling the strings on a global level. If you think the 1% have power, what about the 0.0001%, they are the ones pulling the global strings. I'm no bean counter, but I took the econ classes back in my university days, and I can tell you something isn't right with the world, it sure isn't the free market controlling things. I think the masses are starting to realize they are being screwed, and lashing out. This is how I believe Trump and Brexit came about, the people are ready to throw the whole organization into the crapper; and will grab at any chance they have to do so. Ok, time to take off the tinfoil hat and move on with life.

Green Squall

Just a question Green Squall......... Do you think Obama and Holder didn't allow feds to take your stuff? You would rather have a fed than a local cop? That law only states that local and state officials, yet the feds took over a billion in asset forfeitures. Funny how just a little change in wording can make people feel better, but the final outcome is none the different.

I'm sure they did, but it doesn't change the fact that the asshat Sessions undid the little progress that was made by the last administration. Obamas slogan was "Forward". The current administrations slogan seems to be "Backwards".

OldPhart

I'm sure they did, but it doesn't change the fact that the asshat Sessions undid the little progress that was made by the last administration. Obamas slogan was "Forward". The current administrations slogan seems to be "Backwards".

The way I read it, the only thing it really does is to encourage MORE use by the local/state LE. But more importantly it puts the feds in the money stream, in the name of regulation. LOL The only thing they are going to regulate is how much money they line their pockets with.