What's new

Question regarding under canopy air movement

StankyBeamer

Professional A$$hole
So to describe the room first and foremost 15'x22' and 8' tall sealed room, canopy running longways at 10'x16'. 8 gravitas, 10 wall mount 16" (two per short wall 3 per long wall). Ok so basically, I dont run lifted tables so I have no underneath space for a quest air mover, so I am considering alternative options to mitigate humidity and stagnant air under the canopy. The two options I am putting serious thought to are:
2 squirrel fans blowing side by side on the 10' end of tje canopy blowing air across longways under Meath OR several box fans set up blowing air into/out of the space below the trellis.

My questions are A.) Will the squirrel fans move too much air and disrupt my irrigation cycle? B.) Will the box fans mpve enough air to prevent problems with spores/stagnant air?

Alright go..... (Thanks for all responses ahead of time)

yts farmer

Veteran
What about these 2 options, Screenshot_20170716-032252.jpg

Screenshot_20170716-032315.jpg

The hurricane fans are cheap quite powerful and have a nice slimline desigh, with a 360 degree oscillating front grille. Also got digital motor.

The other fan is a Honeywell turbo fan, not used one of these personally like a hurricane fan. No oscillating parts but can direct the airflow vertically, seems to be the type of fan a stacked verticle bare bulb grower might use.

Peace

StankyBeamer

Professional A$$hole
What about these 2 options, View attachment 420569

View attachment 420570

The hurricane fans are cheap quite powerful and have a nice slimline desigh, with a 360 degree oscillating front grille. Also got digital motor.

The other fan is a Honeywell turbo fan, not used one of these personally like a hurricane fan. No oscillating parts but can direct the airflow vertically, seems to be the type of fan a stacked verticle bare bulb grower might use.

Peace

I used a bunch of these in my old very set up (the Honeywell), never seen the hurricanes tho thats interesting. I'm going for more horizontal air movement to displace the pockets of air under the canopy where the plants are all bare from lollipopping

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
there is a member here that mounted2, ??? 14"x14" ox fans on an old light mover for a similar set up as yours.. I thought it a good improvise idea.. search light movers.. he puts up pics

How many watts do you have in the room, how many plants. I did a room very similar but it was connected to the rest of the apartment. All my calculations for Co2 were based on the total square footage of the whole apartment, and air was exchanged using a vortex fan and hose so that the air would be sucked up and placed in another room. The Co2 burner was mounted just under the ceiling so the Co2 heavier gas would fall onto the canopy, and the box fans were set on a timer that would make them stop for a handful of minutes while the plants drank the gas. I made a platform that was just the height of a 5 gal bucket so I could drain my hand fed plants out the Botanical trays' drain hole. The box fans were placed like this, one at the end blowing across the underneath of the canopy, a second one placed on the other end so It would pull the air across under the canopy. Then there was a third fan at the ceiling above the light hoods which blew across the three hoods, and a fourth that was mounted at the other end at the ceiling that pulled air from across the top of the three hoods. I used four fans, all set on the same timer, something like five minutes on 8 minutes off. You don't want to blow away all your Co2, or humidity. I got some pictures of my structure in the photo album if you want to take a look. The fans are not in place, nor the Co2, they all were added after the pic. was taken above. In used a few formulas to help me figure all this out.

Latest posts

Latest posts