What's new

Hygrometer placement in a grow tent

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
Hey all I was wondering about the best place to put my hygrometer inside my grow tent. I see people saying at canopy height, but not under the grow lights themselves. Are people just stringing it up to the support poles or something? I have been clipping it directly to the side of my smart pots, but I feel like that is reporting a higher humidity than the tent on average.

Deprivation

You have air movement in your tent, just velcro or zip tie it to a tent pole if its the remote sensor. You can slide it up or down as the canopy changes if you feel the need...

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
You have air movement in your tent, just velcro or zip tie it to a tent pole if its the remote sensor. You can slide it up or down as the canopy changes if you feel the need...
Thanks for the quick response. I have a 240 cfm exhaust fan going 24/7 so yeah there is air movement. My hygrometer is not one of the good ones with a remote sensor, it's one of the small black boxy ones, I believe it is https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0013BKDO8 Mine doesn't seem to have a magnet in the back though. I was gonna just tie some twine to it and let it float in the middle of the tent, but that somehow felt wrong.

Limeygreen

Veteran
Put it around 4-6 inches from the top tips of the canopy, you can check it against your ambient humidity above the crop but within the crop will have a higher RH. This also depends on leaf area, the more leaf area the more transpiration the higher the RH. Since you are growing the crop for flowers it is a good idea to measure a little bit into the top of the crop to control the humidity around flower levels.

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
Put it around 4-6 inches from the top tips of the canopy, you can check it against your ambient humidity above the crop but within the crop will have a higher RH. This also depends on leaf area, the more leaf area the more transpiration the higher the RH. Since you are growing the crop for flowers it is a good idea to measure a little bit into the top of the crop to control the humidity around flower levels.

Perfect, thank you for the information! I can't put it among the canopy leaves yet because they are all directly under the lights, but I have it hanging as close as possible while not being in direct light. Next time I will get one with just the small probe, these black box ones just soak up the heat.

Latest posts

Latest posts