What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Menthol marijuana?

Chunky Sloth

Make oil or edibles with it. I don't think the particles would make it through cheese cloth. Maybe bubble hash and just pitch the larger micron portions. Also, blowing it into oil would probably work. A loop would clean it out. Iso may work, but I see a higher chance of shit making it through depending how you run it.

Really?yeah as far as bubblebags im worried they would get stuck in the screen even a little. Id like to know your thoughts on why iso may not work or how it would work. If i could afford a closed loop system in do it. Could anyone explain how a closed loop would clear it out? Im looking into getting a press or a vac oven. Far as i know closed loop is expensive?

Chunky Sloth

Really?yeah as far as bubblebags im worried they would get stuck in the screen even a little. Id like to know your thoughts on why iso may not work or how it would work. If i could afford a closed loop system in do it. Could anyone explain how a closed loop would clear it out? Im looking into getting a press or a vac oven. Far as i know closed loop is expensive?

Very true. I think you could probably smoke the finer microns of bubble hash, but you'd have to pitch your bags.

As far as a closed loop, I think most particles would not make it out of the plant chamber. You blast at high pressure also, so id think most small particles would pass through with the solvent rather than hit the collection tank (just a guess as I've put pretty dry and dusty shit into one and never had plant pass through).

Iso. It will all depend exactly how you make it. I've generally ground and freezered the nug, shaken in a mason jar of alcohol, and strained through a screen to clear the plant and boiled the alcohol off. If you're screen isn't fine enough you may poison yourself.

Old Gold

Im probably asking a dumb question here but could i get or put together a closed loop for under a grand?

Probably not the safest, unless you shop it really wisely (aka don't ask the guys selling the equipment haha)
Send me a direct message so I don't forget to send you a parts list to get an idea.
Just threw together a fully passive 1 lb system (4"x12" material column, 6"x12" collection pot, 2 solvent tanks) for about $1250 + tax/ship from Open Source Steel (solvent tanks from amazon). Source yourself a cheap used nitrogen tank and swap it out at a gas supplier for a cleaner, full tank. Buy a regulator for $50-100 off amazon, and you'd have a system that could make dabs even I might smoke!

You could knock off dollars by doing things I wouldn't suggest, like removing the gauge and PRV from the column......I'm amazed at some of the systems that get sold... If you do something like that, just don't isolate the column from the collection pot which does still have PRV and gauge. But this technique promotes material warming/slow drip of contaminants into the run.

You can always shop wise, and source all the China elsewhere. My first system (after tabletop Tamisium) was ugly shit from Glacier Tanks and Bhogart...
Pressure test everything, preferably in water.:tiphat:

Very true. I think you could probably smoke the finer microns of bubble hash, but you'd have to pitch your bags.

As far as a closed loop, I think most particles would not make it out of the plant chamber. You blast at high pressure also, so id think most small particles would pass through with the solvent rather than hit the collection tank (just a guess as I've put pretty dry and dusty shit into one and never had plant pass through).

Iso. It will all depend exactly how you make it. I've generally ground and freezered the nug, shaken in a mason jar of alcohol, and strained through a screen to clear the plant and boiled the alcohol off. If you're screen isn't fine enough you may poison yourself.

Just wondering if you feel particles would pass through a few coffee filters? I got a setup to close blast . not closed loop but its something- i can add on when i get the money.
Im about to chop and do this. Just wondering if any final aadvice to keep particles contained and out of final product

Latest posts

Latest posts