What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Menthol marijuana?

So I dropped the ball bad or so I think i did. I ran out of room and quickly set up a room in the basemet to finish flowering. There in week six; about ten days ago i put them in there. Heres the thing above the light about 2-3ft long 2ft wide and is an exposed part of the ceiling and it has pink insulation facing down toward the plants. There was a fan blowing toward the light for 10 days there is definitely a breeze above the light hitting the insulation i feel there is particles in the air. The buds are huge and nice im about to chop them and throw them away. Any advice or help in whether im making the right move chopping or not. Thank u

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
I wouldn't want to make a decision but you could wash them (after harvest) in plain water??? coupla times but would you trust youd get alla shit out??! guess ou could make edibles but clean that shit up!

Hey snook yea i hear ya i was thinking that. Ive sprayed a few things to help clean. Honestly i see particles in the air...i understand there may be dust and such but it seems like a lot. This would hurt me bad but i may have to. The more i read about the fiberglass the worse it seems. Ive read about invisible fiberglass particles and a bonding agent in insulation to help it stick.

Im looking at the iso wash.that looks promising although it would be like a lb and a half i feel that would be a lot of time and material involved

Troutman speaking about that. As i needed more room im moving this to the garage. I bought a tent and dust shroom. - there is insulation in the garage on the walls uncovered. I keep reading about puting plastic over it could u tell me why and whats the least expensive but effective type i could use if you know. Thank u

troutman

Seed Whore
You want to cover it with plastic to keep it where it belongs and to reduce the amount of moisture that gets into it. Wet insulation looses it R-value and could be useless over time. Not to mention as you see now. Dust particles of insulation are not healthy to breathe in all the time.

I've worked in residential construction in the past and all we used was a 6mm vapor barrier (plastic sheet). They sell it at most large construction supply type stores.

Something like this is what you want.
They also have it in clear plastic.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/SimpleSo...lm-Vapor-Barrier-Underlayment-45040/100661861

:tiphat:

Jocat yea im just not sure that would eliminate the particles that the tricromes caught.

Does anyone feel the particles in the room will just go away over time? Or is there a way to remove them or something? If they are that small im not sure how i would tell they are fully removed from the room.

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
Maybe just process the batch into oil
we are all (the majority) inhaling some kinda shit every time we hit whatever we hit on.. the impurities that were on the bud doesn't magically go away... those tricomes are some sticky stuff.. imagine what youre smoking when ya get your bud on the street.. but cover that insulation up with the best you can afford..

MrBungle

Maybe if you turned it into rosin, I don't see the fiberglass making it through a coffee filter

Even if some did it would be considerably less than what is on the buds... and you'd probably see it in the oil... try a small batch with a hair straightener to see if its worth while

Last edited:
Speaking of iso wash - im somewhat familiar with it- i have a bunch of bud in my freezer from a while ago i haven't figured oit what to do with. It did not get flushed proprly and i can taste metals in it. Could i use an iso wash on that as well. Or make a salve? Ive only just grown the plant and made bubble hash im just started to expand into more after ten years growing lol.lalways late to the show

Floridian

Veteran
I can remember so many years ago Kool being the big killer it was rumored to be poison in the late 70's,plain and simple.And actually after about 2 years of smoking them I really was having some breathing issues mostly in my throat if I remember correctly.So me being a person of some intelligence lol started smoking Marlboro in my later teens and stayed with the non=menthol from there on.I started in 1974 smoked till 2012 and quit totally.Around 2015 was diagnosed with stage 4 severe copd actually just went for another CT scan today,I think it's all just an insurance hustle but you know how that goes lol.So I take care of my 86 year old mamasita who also can't breathe worth a fuck and it would be funny every morning if it didn't suck so bad.As long I wouldn't have to deal with it a quick cancer wouldn't freak me out so bad.I've been at the point for 3 or 4 years now where the slightest and I mean tiniest bit of physical exertion just has me bent over trying to get my breath with my heart beating 120 times a minute or so.Man if I had any kind of clue this might be the outcome they would have went into the trash that moment.I quit in Dec. 2012 too late though.Now it's me trying to keep my 86 year old mamasita from suffering too much she also has copd to the max,it's just if you can it's best to grow a set,and don't let things like I have to have my dukes with my beer make it impossible,I still drink I just don't smoke anymore.Excuses like that are easy and the cigarette with the alcohol/coffee excuse stops a lot of folks from doing what they can do.It's too bad.Hey was this a smoke thread lol?

I can remember so many years ago Kool being the big killer it was rumored to be poison in the late 70's,plain and simple.And actually after about 2 years of smoking them I really was having some breathing issues mostly in my throat if I remember correctly.So me being a person of some intelligence lol started smoking Marlboro in my later teens and stayed with the non=menthol from there on.I started in 1974 smoked till 2012 and quit totally.Around 2015 was diagnosed with stage 4 severe copd actually just went for another CT scan today,I think it's all just an insurance hustle but you know how that goes lol.So I take care of my 86 year old mamasita who also can't breathe worth a fuck and it would be funny every morning if it didn't suck so bad.As long I wouldn't have to deal with it a quick cancer wouldn't freak me out so bad.I've been at the point for 3 or 4 years now where the slightest and I mean tiniest bit of physical exertion just has me bent over trying to get my breath with my heart beating 120 times a minute or so.Man if I had any kind of clue this might be the outcome they would have went into the trash that moment.I quit in Dec. 2012 too late though.Now it's me trying to keep my 86 year old mamasita from suffering too much she also has copd to the max,it's just if you can it's best to grow a set,and don't let things like I have to have my dukes with my beer make it impossible,I still drink I just don't smoke anymore.Excuses like that are easy and the cigarette with the alcohol/coffee excuse stops a lot of folks from doing what they can do.It's too bad.Hey was this a smoke thread lol?

Man thats one of the saddest things ive read in a while and i hope thats ok if i say thank you for the reminder of how delicate life is. I dont know where you are located but if i can help u in some way i will

Latest posts

Latest posts