What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Plantingplants' Flower Farm 2017

plantingplants

Haha you know whats funny is i learned it in yuba. along with using a swimming pool as a water tank. 4000 gallon tank for $300.

HillMizer uses conduit, too. I just pound th conduit straight in. Its such a bitch on a hill with an orchard ladder though, maybe ill just use rebar for the rest i havent finished yet. More expensive but holy fuck that would be SO much easier. Im an idiot hahahah

415north

Interesting, the leaves on your DHN blue dream look thicker. I grew DHN Chem 4 and DHN Blue dream two years ago and found about sixty seeds on both. It turns out the chem 4 mush have had a male flower somewhere. Anyways I was super stoked to have DHN chem 4 seeds and 50/50 chem 4 blue dream. My two favorite sativa and indica high strains. Grew the seeds out last year

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
HillMizer uses conduit, too. I just pound th conduit straight in. Its such a bitch on a hill with an orchard ladder though, maybe ill just use rebar for the rest i havent finished yet. More expensive but holy fuck that would be SO much easier. Im an idiot hahahah
getting on a ladder on my hill is pretty much a no-go , so i just use two 6foot t-posts and tie them together with bailing wire after pounding in the first one , makes a 10-11 foot post depending how much you overlap them, and no ladder needed. not too expensive considerin how long they last. but i think this year we might just make big remesh wire cages instead of a trellis net / tpost frame.

garden looks good. love that purple AOG. those are getting huge for me. how many plants you growing?

cbcool

but i think this year we might just make big remesh wire cages instead of a trellis net / tpost frame.

garden looks good. love that purple AOG. those are getting huge for me. how many plants you growing?

Im with you there, I do wire cages out here but we get daily wind of 10-15 mph and the occasional wind storm with 40-60 mph gusts. Trellis netting just can't handle the wind have to have the strength of a solid cage.

CrushnYuba

O my god. 4000 gallons for 300$? That's such a good idea. What about algea growing? Just a cover?

Cbcool and schrews : i think that straight trellis supports better then cage no matter how much wind you get. Its just all in how your frame is. You just need something holding these at the bottom and top. The bottom is easy because it's in the dirt. If you use 2 more pieces of emt in an x to connect all 4 posts at the top they don't budge. I use tek screws to connect. And it's all how you do the trellis. If you get it tight tight tight between the posts doing your horizontal runs it's money. You can't just do vertical wraps. I do cages in half of my gardens because they are already there and posts are expensive. By next year i want to be all trellis. Cages are to hard to get into!! I want to be able to touch my soil and clean out my plants. When i do cages, i need to do 2 cages and i still have to wrap with trellis. It's a huge chore. With 4 levels of horizontal trellis, they just grow in. Then just have to do the vertical wraps and actually have a structure to attach to!
The cages i do do, are 4 ft sections overlapping one square and bailing wired together into a ring. Fighting a giant remesh ring sucks if you can't take it apart.
It's all breezy if You have less then 40 plants behind your house, but Cages just make everything so much harder and every extra plant you got adds up.

cbcool

CrushnYuba, I just might have to try that next year but for now tposts and cages is what I have to work with.

You should post up a picture of your trellis setup, I understand better visually.

CrushnYuba

I'll get some pictures when i go back to the property that has them. It works equally as good with just 4x 10 or 12 ft t posts. The emt just isn't as stable as t posts so you need to do an x on top to connect the 4 posts together diagonally.

You just do like 4 or 5 layers of horizontal trellis like you would a depp or indoor. When they start getting wider then the posts and you have the insides cleaned out, you start wrapping around the 4 posts vertically like a cage would support plants. Super easy to clean out before you start the wrap. You just reach between layers. No trellis or branches until a foot above the ground so you can water easy, top dress, mess with drip, touch your main stems

Nico Farmer

Nice plants and good genetics!
Wish u a lot of frosty buds!
I will follow this thread.
Continue that good job Bro.
Greetings

xmobotx

ecks moe baw teeks
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm going to have to find some ancient OG to try. it seems like a cultivar that would sit real nice in my stable.

gotta say i really like that pix of the lemon thai leaf

plantingplants

Garden is going great guys thanks for poppin in. The garden ran out of food so they stalled but now they're growing well again after I watered well and fed chicken manure, aminos, and calnit and I've been pHing my hard water with P acid. Had a ridiculous problem-- out the feminized lemon thai kush I popped and planted were NOT feminized lol. Had to rip out 12 from my full season and maybe 5 from my dep. luckily I triple planted so I only have one empty pot that had three males. Kinda bummed on the LTK anyway- they are very short stocky small plants. Looking for replacements since I dropped my extras.

blue dream s1. single plant getting big. She is just shy of 8 ft. If you look at the back right you'll see a lone lemon thai kush :(. In front of the BD is the ground cherry. Got two ripe ones so far. So tasty.

image.jpg

hazy's ancient og cut. I stalled it out when it was in a three gallon but she's gettin big. Almost every bottom branch broke before I trellised her. In The Pines in the back right.

image.jpg

tripled green crack in the front

image.jpg

yea I got algae, among other things :D ... Filtering is easier than keeping the pool pristine.

image.jpg

plantingplants

Finished trellising today and just need to pull branches through. Cant tell if the yellowing is progressing or not but i wet the pots well and i've been seeing new growth every day! Been pHing with Phos acid and citric. Also replaced the LTK male spots with some GG4 teens. Pentuple planted the empty pot.

Deps are stacking. Smells good in there. I also pollinated a few flowrs with unknown bodhi strain x (Legend OG x Snow Lotus) pollen. Hit Blue Dream and AOG F2s. Assembling irrigation today and tomorrow. 1/2" line down center with 1/4" and in-line 1 gph drippers, two per 5 gal. I swear ill post photos soon! I dont have good internet here so i only upload photos in town and ive been really busy.

Latest posts

Latest posts