What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Outdoors in uk 2017, who's doing what this year ?

wooow, my friend congratulations to your harvest!!
Serious Buds! Sticky to the leavetips!
Now i am really curious about your Cannabis Strain! Im slightly above 50°n too, and some plants start to flower some are ready in 2-3weeks... wrong genetic this year u know..
bring in the rest of your harvest safely and have fun smoking!

Swamp Thang

Veteran
My God Hoypare, if anyone had any doubts about your mastery of the growing science, this year's bumper harvest ought to erase those doubts entirely.

Until I started following the exploits of yourself, Panikz, MaryJane and other UK-based growers, I simply had no idea that such massive colas could be produced in the wet and rainy British weather.

Conventional wisdom has always been that monster colas like the one you posed with, are only ever seen in California's Emerald Triangle, but now I know better. The UK indeed has its own master growers, for whom the infamous British weather is but a minor inconvenience.

My hat is off to you sir, and I will say it again, that when, and not if, the UK legalizes weed growing, seasoned professionals like yourself will become fabulously wealthy, literally overnight.

Hoypare.

:tiphat:
picture.php

View image in gallery

mr.brunch

Veteran
420giveaway
Not so good here... my autos gave me about a gram each- autos don’t seem to like me very much.
Think I will be ordering some non autos next year.

Probably from some gorillas.

neongreen

Veteran
Not so good here... my autos gave me about a gram each- autos don’t seem to like me very much.
Think I will be ordering some non autos next year.

Probably from some gorillas.

Autos can be finicky. One little mistake can be a disaster. Also finding the right one for you can be hit and miss. It's taken me 3 years (and about 5 strains) to coax a reasonable yield from an auto, but I finally managed to outdoors (in containers) this season. Ideally they need to be in the ground/started in the ground for best results... at least in the case of the strain I was growing. Timing also seems to play an important part, at least for me this year, which only had a small window of what was barely reasonable weather.

Don't give up on them just yet. Along with suitable early outdoor photo strains, they are a great weapon to have in your arsenal IMHO. Early outdoor photo strains are my bread n butter here so they will always be the main priority however. They rule as Hoypare has so eloquently demonstrated.

4-8 six footers should be enough to provide enough smoke for one smoker for a year or more, but it would probably take 100's of autos (perhaps less with the "perfect" auto). It's still nice to have some early auto bud, and a great emergency strain if summers continue to get duller/wetter, as it seems is the case if the last few years are anything to go by.

Del_9_THC

Hoypare, what strain(s) did you grow.
I am also at similar lattitudes, so, I need some good varieties that will mature before the Autumn rains set in.

Thanks.

Cheers