What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Kaskadian's Late 2017 Outdoor Grow

Kaskadian

Veteran
Evening all,

Well... getting a super late start this season. I had a bunch of killer strains planned for 2017. I got a cutting from a m8 of mine I stupidly didn't quarantine and my babies in veg ended up getting root aphids. I have no one to blame but myself for that. Either way, I tore down everything, sanitized, and had to start fresh. Ended up having to go out of town for family issues as well which delayed the re-start further.

After everything above... I ran into some serious nutrient lockout from a combination of things. I believe it was a PH issue, combined with some over watering, and intense exposure from HID lighting on the wee ones. The plants basically stopped growing entirely, got super yellow/brown, looked absolutely horrible. I've since corrected this issue, adjusted PH, replanted into larger containers, and dialed my MH down to 300w instead of the 600w I was running. I had a good distance from the canopy but I suppose the intensity was way to strong even high above the plants.

Popped 15 beans (all BOG's gear)
5x Bogglegum
5x Blue Moon Rocks
5x Lifesaver

15/15 Germination (100%)
1x Mutant (I killed off)
1x Twin (still alive)

Medium: Happy Frog
Nutrients: Cal-Mag, Guano Teas (extremely light dosage)

I'm an OMMP grower here in the state of Oregon. I grow just for my wife & myself. I'm hoping there are no more hangups. We had some nice sun for a change here in Oregon so I've been gradually introducing the plants to this natural sunlight whenever possible. I'm expecting to plant outdoors at the end of the month, or possibly early next month. The plants are now outdoors (in their containers) 100% outdoors. I'm getting them more and more acclimatized to being out in the sun.

The plants start their days undercover and get moved under direct light for a few hours. I move them back undercover in the evening. After next week I'll be giving them direct light without breaks. As mentioned above, I'm hoping to have them in the ground by the end of the month, or early next month.

Attachments

• 5-20-17 (1).jpg
    5-20-17 (1).jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 19
  • 5-20-17 2.jpg
    5-20-17 2.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 16

Kaskadian

Veteran
Got some teas started...

1gal water
1/4c EWC
2 tbsp 9-3-1 Guano
3ml liquid kelp extract
1 tsp superthrive
1 tbsp molasses

I will be diluting to 4-5 gallons. I have some apple trees, cherry trees, and blueberry bushes that are ready for a snack as well. If nothing else, I'll dilute further and go for a foliar feeding. I was enjoying a small bowl of over-cured lemon OG while enjoying the weather.

Attachments

• tea1.jpg
    tea1.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 21
  • lemon OG.jpg
    lemon OG.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 22

Kaskadian

Veteran
3/5 holes filled... more to come. Waiting for confirmation of sex on a few plants. My end goal is to have 5 plants this season and the rest will go to some m8s growing out here, or back into the veg cabinet for winter.

Attachments

• 049.jpg
    049.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 19
  • 054.jpg
    054.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 18
  • 055.jpg
    055.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 19

ManyManySpliffs

I'm starting later than you, don't feel bad. Heck, I've started later than this and had a great year in 2014. Checkout that thread in my sig if you want to see what you can get from starting in late July. It's pretty impressive for such a late start.

Kaskadian

Veteran
Long overdue for an update. Topped the ones in the ground a second time, and waiting on the pre-flowers on a couple more in the pots. I topped the ones in the pots way to early and I think the stress of the topping & being rootbound caused a delay in the preflowers.

Stupid mistake, but hey, I'll learn from this. I haven't grown from seed in years, and I'm a bit rusty.

Kas :tiphat:

Attachments

• gp62117.jpg
    gp62117.jpg
    142.2 KB · Views: 16
  • 62117-bmr.jpg
    62117-bmr.jpg
    168.9 KB · Views: 12
  • 62117-bg3.jpg
    62117-bg3.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 16
  • 62117-bg2.jpg
    62117-bg2.jpg
    148.3 KB · Views: 13
  • 62117-bg.jpg
    62117-bg.jpg
    140.3 KB · Views: 15

Kaskadian

Veteran
God Bless Oregon. Enjoy this super sunny/Hot weekend.

Peace

We have something like 10 days of sun brother! Plants have been growing incredibly fast under this sun. At least a few inches in the last week.

I'm not a huge fan of hot weather, but the plants are definitely loving it! If the plants are happy I'm happy as well.

Thanks for stopping by!

Kaskadian

Veteran
Last update for 1-2 weeks unless something interesting happens. Plants are enjoying all the sun we've been getting here in the PNW. A few in the 5 gallon pots had a little heat stress today (100F) but are otherwise healthy.

Attachments

• gp-62517.jpg
    gp-62517.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 13
  • bmr-62517.jpg
    bmr-62517.jpg
    139.7 KB · Views: 18
  • bg3-62517.jpg
    bg3-62517.jpg
    137.7 KB · Views: 18
  • bg2-62517.jpg
    bg2-62517.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 19
  • bg1-62517.jpg
    bg1-62517.jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 12

ManyManySpliffs

Last update for 1-2 weeks unless something interesting happens. Plants are enjoying all the sun we've been getting here in the PNW. A few in the 5 gallon pots had a little heat stress today (100F) but are otherwise healthy.

Plants progressing nicely, everybody looks happy. Keep up the good work..

Kaskadian

Veteran
Not exactly a growth update, but I took some time today to clear about a bit of overgrowth/leaves that were touching the ground or received no sunlight. I didn't remove a whole lot, but I took the opportunity to clean up a little and collect some cuttings off the plants.

I kept 5 plants, and the rest are off to a new home for now. I kept 3 BG, 1 BMR, and 1 LS. My primary interest was running BG this season so getting 3 females is killer!

Final results on sex are as follows...

Bogglegum: 5 seeds
3 x female
1 x male
1 x unknown mutant killed off in seedling stage
60% female ratio (if the mutant is counted)

Blue Moon Rocks: 5 seeds
2 x female
3 x male
40% female ratio

Lifesaver: 5 seeds
3 x female
2 x male
60% female ratio

Overall I saw a 100% germination rate and stellar m/f ratios as well. Plants have incredible vigor and I'm hoping the flower is equally as good.

Big shoutouts to Mr. & Mrs. BOG for their quality genetics. I've never been disappointed with their gear and this grow has been no exception. I look forward to seeing how these turn out, and I can't wait to have more of their genetics in my garden during future grows.

Cheers,
Kas

Kaskadian

Veteran
Morning All,

Plants seem happy so far. I'm excited for flower to get started, but we still have 4-6 weeks to go.

Right now I'm feeding teas & top feeding guano (low doses) every 10-14 days. I don't seem to be running into any deficiencies just yet. I may benefit from a slightly higher dose of N than what they're getting now.

In addition to the teas and guano, the plants are getting weekly foliar feedings of cal/mag.

As we get into early stages of flower I'll be doing about a 75/25 dosage of veg/flower nutrients and gradually taper down to 50/50, 25/75, as the stretch slows. I usually combo my nutrients until flowers start developing on each node. Once the stretch slows, and we are seeing flower development on each node I'll transition into full flower nutrients.

Cheers,

Kas

Attachments

• IMG_4509.jpg
    IMG_4509.jpg
    136.8 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_4507.jpg
    IMG_4507.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_4506.jpg
    IMG_4506.jpg
    123 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_4505.jpg
    IMG_4505.jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 15

Kaskadian

Veteran
Basically non-stop sun up here @ 45N. Can't remember the last day we had any rain. Plants are loving every second of this weather. Mid-High 80's (26-30c) , nights in the mid-high 50's (12-15c). I'll take every second of sun we can get up here in the PNW before the rain is back for another 6 months...

Cheers all,

Kas :tiphat:

Attachments

• 88.9 KB · Views: 31

Kaskadian

Veteran
Hey all,

Thought I'd do a proper update. It seems like we're 3-4 weeks out from the start of flower. The plants are doing well; lots of vigor. I'll definitely need to thin out the canopy on the Bogglegum, all three are bushy as hell. The Blue Moon Rocks definitely has some stretch in her; she's outgrown (height) all of the Bogglegum, and even interior growth seems to stretch way up to find it's way to some sunlight. I think she's going to explode when she starts stretching.

In another week or two, I'll take my last cuttings from the plants to save for clones. After that I'll gradually remove poor budsites during weeks 1-3 of flower & clean up the lower portion of the plants.

Attachments

• BG1-71517.jpg
    BG1-71517.jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 14
  • BG2-71517.jpg
    BG2-71517.jpg
    158.9 KB · Views: 16
  • BG3-71517.jpg
    BG3-71517.jpg
    157.6 KB · Views: 9
  • BMR1-71517.jpg
    BMR1-71517.jpg