What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

net neutrality is on the chopping block

Gry

I do not know anyone who thinks we would be better off with less internet for more damn money, except for corporate lobbyists.

"Trump’s F.C.C. Pick Quickly Targets Net Neutrality Rules" from the NYT a couple of days ago.

dddaver

Veteran
Why anyone would want their ISP to be able to control what they see is beyond me. This all has that "truthiness" or "alternative facts" ring to me.

brown_thumb

Censorship? Sounds like China or North Korea to me. I can write that without worry of insulting anyone because I know no one in either of those places can see this post.

Gry

I know where I live, and have never expected privacy. A decent price, that I do expect out of the bastards no matter who is office.

Gry

The new guy wiped a deal to drop the cost of phone calls to inmates. Easy group to target, but the bottom line is he is acting in favor of the corporate over the people with the issue. Seems like it takes a bit more than a dime to phone home if you get locked up any more. Agit Pai is the new guy and he has a long track record of voting in favor of the 'industry'.

Gry

On Tuesday, the House narrowly voted to allow internet providers to sell your web browsing history and other personal information. The vote will give companies like Verizon, Comcast and AT&T more power to collect people’s sensitive data, including their internet browsing history, and to sell this information.

ion

net neutrality? where?
if you are a ninja hacker(you're not) you may be able to be invisible(you won't), but the rest of us are open to 12-year olds with a bit of intelligence. nothing you do on a pc is private.....anybody seen the last 2 wikeeleeeks dumps? if you can grok whats being displayed thru those documents then you can grok the fact/possibility that there's much more tech than that they have that cant be "hacked" into.....they wont limit internet in the ussa because the more yer on it, the more they know of you.....actually, 'they' dont know it, but its stored in the server-cities .gov has and can be pulled up if you stick your head above the water so they can whack-a-mole ya...or take over the computer in your car and crash ya.....PHDick aint got nuthin on our current heading. have a good day.

Gry

95% of comments were by pro corporate net bot, in favor of gutting net neutrality.
Big corporate has already been charging us way more for way less than first world countries.